Ticket Offer

Shadow45

If your a YCK season ticket holder then you can get to watch York City FC on 31/3 versus Chorley for £5 (standing only) although you can pay a £1 extra to sit in  the Pop stand. Just turn up, show your ST at turnstile, hand over your £5 and booom, you're in 

1 hour ago, Shadow45 said:

If your a YCK season ticket holder then you can get to watch York City FC on 31/3 versus Chorley for £5 (standing only) although you can pay a £1 extra to sit in  the Pop stand. Just turn up, show your ST at turnstile, hand over your £5 and booom, you're in 

Good offer, hope to see more of this with both clubs reciprocating.

Up the kneets and city???.

19 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Didn’t know Chorley were in our league?

The Chorley football club play at the same stadium that Chorley Lynx played at. Last time the YCK played there they lost to a drop goal from the half way line with the last play of the game, IIRC?

It's a good move by both clubs, I think since the new regime came in it's shown YCK have a core support of about 900-1,000.

What I've noticed is there are a lot of fans who turn up to cheer on York in the big games - Toronto, Bradford. Some are neutrals, some are fans of Super League clubs but I think a lot are affiliated with the local amateur rugby league clubs, and it would be great to see these returning throughout the season.

Initiatives like that above, alongside the Minster FM promotion and the 'kids for free' deal are the right way forward for building crowds.

This isn't meant as a dig at Donny as I'm all for clubs at this level doing whatever they can to get people through the doors, but IMO it's better to have offers and promotions like those above rather than flat out reducing the price of a season ticket. Bradford, Huddersfield and Wakefield have all tried that (£50 season tickets etc) and I don't think any of those clubs can say they've seen a significant increase in crowds.

and some turn up to the bigger games because they've managed to get a freebie from wherever. But ask them to pay ..especially for a game v a team like West Wales (no disrespect intended) and they are nowhere to be seen. Part-timers.. don't they just get on your wick.

I suppose we just have to accept it and try to make every game as big as possible so the freeloaders eventually grow to love the club and want to give instead of taking.

22 minutes ago, Boyny said:

and some turn up to the bigger games because they've managed to get a freebie from wherever. But ask them to pay ..especially for a game v a team like West Wales (no disrespect intended) and they are nowhere to be seen. Part-timers.. don't they just get on your wick.

I suppose we just have to accept it and try to make every game as big as possible so the freeloaders eventually grow to love the club and want to give instead of taking.

Afraid its the same with all sports, just got to grab what you can.

Like georgeb1 says, you get that in all sports, it's just a matter of trying to retaining some of those extras. If just 1 out of every 20 'big game fans' come back on a regular basis it adds more to the coffers which can only help YCK.

It's no different to me being one of just 37 Cas fans (we didn't even take a coach!) watching Cas lose at Widnes on a cold Thursday night....I mean, we took more than that down under during the world club series or whatever it was called! Fast forward 10 or so years and there's 20,000 of us going to Wembley from the town. I've no issue with that, because every club should look to grow and some of those extra fans now turn up to most matches, again that helps Castleford compete near the top.

The issue I have is with people switching teams - 2 people I know who used to follow Cas home and away gave up and started going to Odsal during Bradford's heyday. Not sure who they follow now as I didn't spot them at Bootham a few weeks back.

Here's hoping for 1,500+ against Keighley anyway. ;)

Archived