London Reaction

townie88

7 minutes ago, wonderofwood said:

Gutted I couldn't make the game today. Sounds like a fantastic performance well done Town. Leon's interview after the game had me I stitches when he said he would love to tackle the ref ha ha . Why the heck did radio Cumbria stay on the barrow game and then the haven game . I have no doubt this level of performance will set the standard for the rest of the season and let's hope it convinces a few more to go through the turnstiles. Exciting times lie ahead and just what the town deserves 

UTT

Yeh I was wondering that when on the way home the presenter said he wished they could go to the town match but Barra John had collared their chairman so they stayed on him instead . Not great , a game going on should come first 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Town blue white said:

Good effort today well done town. Bit disappointed there was  no chairman or Leon to give a few words in the gus rismon bar after the effort the players put in.

Any reason for that? Usually do a couple of presentations after the game don't they?

Well done Town, much better defensively. Keep that standard up and promotion is a distinct possibility.

Good results for the other Cumbrian teams. Although I see Gareth Hewer refereed the Whitehaven match, which I don’t think should be allowed. I think he’s one of the better referees but it leaves him open to question.

Attendance at Whitehaven 414.

7 minutes ago, Rango said:

Well done Town, much better defensively. Keep that standard up and promotion is a distinct possibility.

Good results for the other Cumbrian teams. Although I see Gareth Hewer refereed the Whitehaven match, which I don’t think should be allowed. I think he’s one of the better referees but it leaves him open to question.

Mr Sweet refereed the haven game it wasn,t Gareth

10 minutes ago, Rango said:

Wonder if they’ve fiddled the gate there by any chance?

Couldn’t of been prouder of the lads yesterday if not for an incompetent referee and 2 idiotic linesmen we would probably be tuning into the 5th round to see who we’d got. Might as well have wore a broncos shirt but that’s rugby! Onto the Skolars UTT

1 hour ago, GeordieTownie said:

Wonder if they’ve fiddled the gate there by any chance?

They have already been reported to the RFL for similar things this year. Must be really skint to be trying tricks like this. But maybe most folk went to the Kells match this week.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, Havenwarrior said:

Really was never going to be many there, a lot would have gone Kells game, and cant afford both.

Also dont know anyone who thought we would win, was amazed there was 400 made it.

HW

This is why I think if they form a new rugby team in the area, Town and Haven and or the new team would struggle to survive. There’s only so much money people have to spend at the end of the day.

Monumental team performance. We looked shot half way through second half, bodies littered everywhere and I thought they would run in a hatful last quarter but didn’t happen, we were too good for that!
The main differences I thought were the kicking games, and maybe its no coincidence they didn’t seem to sustain any injuries due to their higher level of fitness as a full time outfit, and their 15 was a real handful.

Thought Miller was real class and strength at centre, first time I’ve seen Dawson but reminded me a bit of Kyle White.  I’m looking forward to seeing him and Curwen in the same side. Just our luck I thought when Singleton went off; he was giving them all sorts of problems. I’m guessing he’ll be out for a few weeks now sadly. 

Thought their system of tackling was effective but questionable and maybe responsible for some of the injuries? 

Immense from everyone. We were well smashed but never took a backward step and just about matched them all the way. Had to laugh when having been down injured for several minutes Ollie Wilkes was immediately handed the ball on our line to take back up.  I know some were saying we could do without this match for the potential of injuries which is indeed what happened but that could happen anytime and I think the boost in confidence and team spirit they will get from this game will be invaluable and I think I’m going really enjoy my RL this season.

2 hours ago, Marrafan said:

Haha! Yet another thread where instead of talking about a good effort from your team you start talking about Haven. Get yourselves a life and talk about your own team. Move away from the inferiority complex you have.

This might be funny if it wasn't so daft! The spiders have the bragging rights in your trophy room ?

Archived