Oops - the history makers

gandalf

One or two seemed to make the effort, Larry. I saw George Tyson and one or two others show their appreciation of your fans. A certain not-to-be-named just walked straight off the field on this tod.. Couldn't fault Hansen, he was your best player on the day.

Seemed to us sat near SL that the instructions he was sending weren't being or couldn't be carried out by the players... ?

I think there's some serious communication errors in the side at the minute. We've gone from playing some of the best rugby around with our last coach, to not even been able to do the basics right. Something is a miss here and contrary to what some f/b groups think, the whole one team/stick together philosophy isn't working. It might work on the terraces but on the field this club is in crisis. Excuses of low budget and working with what we have aren't good enough. The results show that and there's no escaping the fact that the club is only going in one direction. Loosing to York no matter how good there ment to be is not acceptable. But that's just my opinion. Hope to be proved wrong.

I thought your supporters who travelled over in good numbers and decent voice deserved better. At times Swinton were making real amateur mistakes - things like running it on the last on halfway, or not finding touch from a penalty, just seemed some really strange decisions from those on the pitch. Thought your number 7 tried his best to get the team going. Best of luck for the rest of the season anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Well disappointingly I may be right about not winning a game this season after the Sheffield result.

It's so depressing. There is just nothing positive to say about the club at the moment..oh wait our shirts look good.

• 4 weeks later...

I notice the spin on our website. Another historic chapter in our glittering history. Ignoring the fact we shipped over 60 points again. 

Toronto are a super league team in everything but name so the result was expected. But please Swinton don't treat us as idiots. I'm sure the delusiionals on twitter will be out in force again though.

I do think the club is run better than it has been for a long time but unfortunately we can't deliver a decent team at this level.

Ok so we are relegated this season - I hope the club are planning how we survive next year. Chalk this season off and move on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2018 at 6:23 PM, gandalf said:

After defeat to York it's quite possible we may not win a single game this season.

Very depressing. I hope to goodness I'm wrong. 

Once more unto the breach dear friend.

Another away win gives us hope against the naysayers.

Archived