I'm not sure how much you can really read into the build up to a fight, but I'd say Parker seems the calmer and more confident of the two. 

That said we'll really find out on Saturday what Parker is made of. We already know about AJ. 

Just been looking at the bookies and Joshua is now 1/6 and Parker 9/2.

I really hope Joshua wins this, as it has been great to have big time heavyweight boxing at a reasonable time on a Saturday night in the UK thanks to him.

Nothing worse than having to stay up to 0300 or 0500 to watch some disappointment from Vegas.

Although all that said IF Joshua does meet Wilder in the future then I do see that fight taking place in Vegas - mainly due to the much larger riches to be had in US PPV packages that are sold for evening bouts.

5 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Just been looking at the bookies and Joshua is now 1/6 and Parker 9/2.

I really hope Joshua wins this, as it has been great to have big time heavyweight boxing at a reasonable time on a Saturday night in the UK thanks to him.

Nothing worse than having to stay up to 0300 or 0500 to watch some disappointment from Vegas.

Although all that said IF Joshua does meet Wilder in the future then I do see that fight taking place in Vegas - mainly due to the much larger riches to be had in US PPV packages that are sold for evening bouts.

The problem with that is that Joshua is far bigger than Wilder. Wilder is still relatively unknown in America. He made $2m for his last fight and didn't sellout 7000 in his home state. Joshua will make £13m in this fight. It'll almost certainly be in the UK. He does plan on going the US at some point. 

I agree about those Las Vegas fights though, I've tried every way over the years and theres no good way. If you go to bed you feel like you've woke up in the middle of the night, if you stay up you're like a zombie. 

Edited by Maximus Decimus

Well, there we have it, Anthony Joshua wins on points, and now holds 4 of the 5 alphabetti spaghetti titles in heavyweight boxing.

Only Deontay Wilder remains as a rival world champion.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I followed it on the BBC website with texts, Tweets etc. Seems like a solid, controlled performance, without much in the way of fireworks, and the referee was too eager to get involved too.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

26 minutes ago, chuffer said:

Joshua just kept parker at bay with jabs, the kiwi couldn't really get near him

You use the weapons you've got.

Still, not the worst refereeing performance I've seen... because I watched Sven Ottke v Robin Reid in 2003, which veered immediately into parody mode and stayed there for the full match.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

No doubt AJ was the better man on the night but felt sorry for Parker. The referee never gave him a chance to win the fight. With AJ’s big reach advantage the only way Parker was going to get to him was close up working the inside. But every time they got close the referee stepped in and separated them.

• Like 1

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

No doubt AJ was the better man on the night but felt sorry for Parker. The referee never gave him a chance to win the fight. With AJ’s big reach advantage the only way Parker was going to get to him was close up working the inside. But every time they got close the referee stepped in and separated them.

Totally agree - made for poor viewing too.

51 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Totally agree - made for poor viewing too.

Lots of dissatisfaction on social media with the refereeing.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Pretty unspectacular fight but AJ did what he needed to do against a tricky fighter. I never thought it would be fireworks but I thought AJ would let go more.

All sports evolve and boxing for me is a bit like RL in that what has become effective is not as pleasing on the eye as it used to be. There looks to be a lot of momentum for Joshua Wilder now and there is no chance that would be as cagey.

The Price-Povetkin fight was good while it lasted but had a shocking end. I don't think you could blame Povetkin for hitting him but it looked sickening.

14 hours ago, chuffer said:

Joshua just kept parker at bay with jabs, the kiwi couldn't really get near him

again Tyson in his day would have been head down , walking forward , nestled under the arms ready to explode and destroy aj pretty easily

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

2 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Pretty unspectacular fight but AJ did what he needed to do against a tricky fighter. I never thought it would be fireworks but I thought AJ would let go more.

All sports evolve and boxing for me is a bit like RL in that what has become effective is not as pleasing on the eye as it used to be. There looks to be a lot of momentum for Joshua Wilder now and there is no chance that would be as cagey.

The Price-Povetkin fight was good while it lasted but had a shocking end. I don't think you could blame Povetkin for hitting him but it looked sickening.

David Price, like Audley Harrison before him, was an excellent amateur, but has never really looked at home in the professional form of the sport. It should be time for him to stop, and maybe pitch for a punditry career, because he's an articulate and likeable guy with a microphone in his hand.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

all sports evolve means they lose character and become dull - aj will never have to worry about money again- couple more over hyped pay per view let downs and hes made for life- boxing is a bore fest these days

50 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

all sports evolve means they lose character and become dull - aj will never have to worry about money again- couple more over hyped pay per view let downs and hes made for life- boxing is a bore fest these days

Football, tennis and RU have all evolved for the better. 

Boxing isn't a borefest, like with RL people seem to think every fight or match needs to be a classic or the sport is rubbish. 

8 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Football, tennis and RU have all evolved for the better. 

Boxing isn't a borefest, like with RL people seem to think every fight or match needs to be a classic or the sport is rubbish. 

the rocky films are more entertaining than aj

29 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Not enjoy the Joshua-Klitschko fight?

2 tall blokes jabbing each  other for eternity- what  a thriller

3 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

That’s boxing I’m afraid.

What you’re after is two blokes scrapping half drunk on the street.

a side street is better

I was there and loved it.

Was it a knockout thriller? No. I Got the feeling AJ knew he didn't have to expend too much energy and he'd still win easy by probably round 4. 

But the atmosphere and "event" vibe was certainly there. The undercards were good fights and there was no trouble in the ground. With the roof on its really loud in there. Only complaint was the utter shambles for the coaches afterwards and getting back to Bristol at half 4. But i can hardly blame AJ and Eddie Hearn for that!

At least i got my moneys worth! 

• Like 2