39 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Just seen that talks are going ahead confirmed by Fury and Frank Warren. To be fair it makes more sense for them to accept Wilder's demands than it does for Joshua. 

More news today that Hearn has offered Wilder £6m to fight Whyte in the US. 

1 hour ago, Maximus Decimus said:

More news today that Hearn has offered Wilder £6m to fight Whyte in the US. 

Wilder should have fought Whyte already... he fought his way into position but to often now mandatories aren’t given their earned chance by champions who don’t think they bring enough , or drop titles to avoid them . That’s a worrying trend and mandatory positions aren’t now a guarantee of anything . The WBC was weak in not forcing the issue here and letting wilder do as he wanted . It was not up to him to belittle Dillian - he’d jumped through every hoop and got shafted 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So its Wilder vs Fury in Las Vegas.

Seems a couple (1? 2?) of fights early for Fury?  Though time isn't on his side after his absence.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

2 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Seems a couple (1? 2?) of fights early for Fury?  Though time isn't on his side after his absence.

Wilder's team have obviously jumped at the chance to get Fury before he's back to his best. 

I thought he looked OK today, very impressive when you think of the weight he's lost and the amount of time he's had out the ring.

However, is he ready for Wilder? Almost certainly not. Wilder has the power to knock anyone out with one punch and Fury will get caught at some point. I always think of the Cunningham fight where a 6ft nothing guy knocked him down with one shot, if that's Wilder he's not getting back up. 

11 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Watching that , if I were wilder I’d just ask ‘ where do I sign ‘

31 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Watching that , if I were wilder I’d just ask ‘ where do I sign ‘

Bizarrely the odds are still very tight. Anyone betting should get their money on now because I can't see it staying that way. 

Just now, Maximus Decimus said:

Bizarrely the odds are still very tight. Anyone betting should get their money on now because I can't see it staying that way. 

The guy is crude , devoid of any technique or basic boxing foundation , but he throws bombs with unbelievable intent from all over the shop . If Tyson skips around like that hands down it’s just a split second to oblivion . One slight misstep , or wrong jerk ... wilder may have knocked half the crowd out first but he’ll get to him. Tyson talks about a KO but he’s not really a banger . It’s a 12 round long range job if he wins for him , with wilder swinging at him from the start .

48 minutes ago, DavidM said:

The guy is crude , devoid of any technique or basic boxing foundation , but he throws bombs with unbelievable intent from all over the shop . If Tyson skips around like that hands down it’s just a split second to oblivion . One slight misstep , or wrong jerk ...

What are the chances of Fury not skipping around and boxing properly?

4 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

I expect to see a different Fury; he’ll attempt to win by boxing in the ring. May be a bit early though...

Indeed , he’ll need max concentration and control without all the antics and mentally drifting away . He did it against Wladimir . One thing you can’t knock is his immense self belief and confidence !

4 hours ago, DavidM said:

Indeed , he’ll need max concentration and control without all the antics and mentally drifting away . He did it against Wladimir . One thing you can’t knock is his immense self belief and confidence !

That you can't. 

However, an early knockout and he runs the risk of blowing his reputation. This is realistically built on one unexpected victory. Of course there'll be those who say that it was too soon but for once his mouth might be his undoing. He's clearly confident that he's better than all of the top fighters and if he's proved completely wrong after speaking the way he has, the facade might come down like a pack of cards. 

The upside is of course that were he to win he would become a boxing legend. 

One day until the biggest boxing event of the year...

KSI vs Logan Paul ?

I'll probably watch it as I'm a sucker for watching things because everyone else is watching. 

Initially KSI was favourite based on having fought previously. I wish I'd put a bet on Logan Paul (despite despising him) because he's much bigger and has a wrestling background which gives him greater experience of physical competition. He's now favourite. 

KSI vs Logan Paul ?

I'll probably watch it as I'm a sucker for watching things because everyone else is watching. 

Initially KSI was favourite based on having fought previously. I wish I'd put a bet on Logan Paul (despite despising him) because he's much bigger and has a wrestling background which gives him greater experience of physical competition. He's now favourite. 

If they could both get knocked out, that would be the best outcome.

• Haha 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

KSI vs Logan Paul ?

Must have missed this , never heard of either of them 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

They are youtube personalities. So annoying AF to anyone over about 21, yet are massively rich and famous to some demographics. 

Edited by Bedford Roughyed

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

I'm only aware of Logan Paul because of the controversy over the video in the Japanese suicide forest. 

It's a strange reflection of society that this will probably be the most followed boxing match of the year. 

2 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

They are youtube personalities. So annoying AF to anyone over about 21, yet are massively rich and famous to some demographics. 

I once caught a clip of a Jake Paul video where he ruined somebody's wedding by shouting out throughout the service. It's probably fake but he just looked like a complete t0sser. 

8 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

I once caught a clip of a Jake Paul video where he ruined somebody's wedding by shouting out throughout the service. It's probably fake but he just looked like a complete t0sser. 

Bit of both...

I enjoyed sparring.  I was excited to have an amateur bout, even though my return to Europe meant it did not happen.  I was also middle aged and inept, so they have one over me.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

11 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

‘ YouTube personalities ‘ . OK . That’s one of those terms that’s past me by . My nieces and nephews are all over this stuff sadly . I remember when you used to have to have a brain and talent to be a celebrity. Different times 

Edited by DavidM

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

‘ YouTube personalities ‘ . OK . That’s one of those terms that’s past me by . My nieces and nephews are all over this stuff sadly . I remember when you used to have to have a brain and talent to be a celebrity. Different times 

It is indeed very different. 

I was brought up in the 1980's and there were plenty of talentless celebrities then.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

14 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

It is indeed very different. 

I was brought up in the 1980's and there were plenty of talentless celebrities then.

I’m sure . It’s off the scale now . Seems counterintuitive that it’s a bonus now

Edited by DavidM