12 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Golden Boy is a big contract to get hold of . Looks like Eddie was ahead of the curve signing up to this platform 

Seems like a no brainer from US fans POV especially now as more fighters will inevitably go. I think Mikey Garcia was considering it too. 

They pay like $85-$99 for a PPV fight in the US and they'll get a whole year's worth of fights for $120. It's a shame the market over here means it's unlikely to be attempted. 

Edited by Maximus Decimus

10 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Saw bits of this will watch the rest after. I respect Fury for his honesty around his mental health but I can't say I like him very much, he strikes me as a bit of a bullsh*tter. 

Just now, Maximus Decimus said:

Saw bits of this will watch the rest after. I respect Fury for his honesty around his mental health but I can't say I like him very much, he strikes me as a bit of a bullsh*tter. 

I think the parts on mental health ring true for me, the description of how he was feeling etc.  He does waft over the drug stuff, and the 'fighter talk' comes out more when talking the fight ups etc.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

5 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I think the parts on mental health ring true for me, the description of how he was feeling etc.  He does waft over the drug stuff, and the 'fighter talk' comes out more when talking the fight ups etc.  

One of my friend's missus is the type who if you say you had a bad day she would tell you that her boss had told her he didn't know how she'd coped because her day had been the worst he'd ever seen in his life. 

There is a bit of this in Tyson Fury, his suicidal condition was the worst the guy had ever seen. He'd partied harder than anyone else before, he'd had lower lows than anyone etc. He talks a great deal in absolutes like this, he'll never box again, he'll never fight Joshua etc. 

The problem is he often forgets them as I'm sure he will if he beats Wilder. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Pulev ended up easy winner vs Hughie Fury. He's just too negative imo and is like a poor version of his cousin. 

Don’t think that cut over the eye he sustained in the 2nd round helped.

Think his game plan went out of the window and he was just looking to fend off Pulev.

If Fury had thrown more jabs, he might have been able to disguise those big overhand rights he was trying to land.

11 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Don’t think that cut over the eye he sustained in the 2nd round helped.

Think his game plan went out of the window and he was just looking to fend off Pulev.

If Fury had thrown more jabs, he might have been able to disguise those big overhand rights he was trying to land.

It was a miracle the fight went on really, especially as Pulev tried everything he could to open it back up again. 

He rocked him once but wasn't able to capitalise, no thanks to the ref. 

Fury v Pulev very very average . Hughie and his team talk big but again on the big day don’t deliver . Has anyone ever taught him how to properly throw a punch ? Shocking technique and even worse accuracy . The bloke looked stiff and robotic and Hughie still couldn’t hit him . Hugely frustrating . You feel there’s something in Hughie but he just doesn’t show it anything like enough . Pulev is way off , god help him if he gets his shot . Looks old and limited 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Fury v Pulev very very average . Hughie and his team talk big but again on the big day don’t deliver . Has anyone ever taught him how to properly throw a punch ? Shocking technique and even worse accuracy . The bloke looked stiff and robotic and Hughie still couldn’t hit him . Hugely frustrating . You feel there’s something in Hughie but he just doesn’t show it anything like enough . Pulev is way off , god help him if he gets his shot . Looks old and limited 

It wasn't a great fight. Pulev doesn't seem like a big enough hitter to be able to trouble Joshua and he was rocked by Fury at one point.

Funnily enough listening to Tyson Fury on Rogan I thought he contradicted himself a bit about his likely style. He admitted that his fight with Klitschko was dreadful as he said he was avoiding his big right hand. Yet he expects us to believe that he'll go into a war against one of the biggest right hands in heavyweight history. 

So Chisora and White 2 is finally agreed . Good fight but how the hell is it a box office PPV fight ? It’s just ridiculous that more n more fights , and even non title fights , are being trawled into this category . People are paying top whack as it is. All to divvy more money out to the people involved

6 hours ago, DavidM said:

So Chisora and White 2 is finally agreed . Good fight but how the hell is it a box office PPV fight ? It’s just ridiculous that more n more fights , and even non title fights , are being trawled into this category . People are paying top whack as it is. All to divvy more money out to the people involved

Agreed - won’t be paying to watch Whyte-Chisora in a non title bout.

6 hours ago, DavidM said:

The problem is that PPV numbers have been good and once a fighter has been on PPV they're not gonna want to go back.

I'm pretty sure Whyte's last PPV was watched by 450kish. To put that into perspective, no grand final has ever rated that highly. 

It's not all bad as anyone can get it even if they don't have Sky. The main issue now is that there are too many fighters who are deemed to be PPV and they are fighting within a short space of time. Joshua, Bellew, Whyte, Fury, Khan, Frampton etc expect to be on it and the expectation from other fringe fighters will only grow. 

1 minute ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Turns out Mayweather is determined to destroy his legacy and has signed up for an MMA fight in Japan. Bizarre. 

FFS.

Of course he will lose, and MMA fans who seemed to actually believe that the McGregor fight was close rather than embarrasingly one-sided will never shut up.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

FFS.

Of course he will lose, and MMA fans who seemed to actually believe that the McGregor fight was close rather than embarrasingly one-sided will never shut up.

There's a lot of speculation that it'll be either rigged or that the rules will mean it is heavily in his favour (he is much bigger) but it says a lot about him as a man. He is unable to give it up, even at 41 he wants to try something different. He's playing with fire until he eventually loses and tarnishes his legacy irrevocably. 

The Taylor Martin fight was bizarre . The most interesting bits were Abel Sanchez’s pleas for him to do something . Anything . I don’t know if anyone watched the Berchelt Roman fight . Geez it started off a great watch for 5 or 6 then it just became excruciating car crash tv . How a ref and corner can let someone just get battered to pieces like that . Over here it wouldn’t have gone anywhere as far thank god . Boxing shouldn’t be viewed through your fingers at someone being destroyed 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/46128264

Floyd Mayweather says he has not agreed to face Tenshin Nasukawa in an official bout and had "never heard" of the Japanese kickboxer until this week.

The former five-weight boxing world champion was said to have agreed to face Nasukawa in Japan on 31 December.

Mayweather, 41, says he had only been asked to compete in a non-televised event for "wealthy spectators".

"Once I arrived to the press conference, my team and I were completely derailed," said Mayweather.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

20 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

This makes more sense! The whole thing seemed very weird especially when you consider it was unlikely he would make anything like the same money as he would against Khabib/Pacquiao. 

Big fight tomorrow with Bellew taking on Usyk. Apparently it's only the 5th/6th ever fight for all 4 belts. I'm not sure how prestigious this necessarily is when you consider there've been plenty of undisputed champions without 4 belts. Did Lennox really have to beat some no mark to win the 4th belt to be seen as truly undisputed? What is positive is that 3 of those 4-belt unification fights are as a result of the World Boxing Super Series. 

Bellew has insisted that this is his last fight and I'd be inclined to believe him. He's someone who has really grown on me over the years and he is someone who really says it like he is.

I can't see him winning but if he does he can finally say he actually is the motherloving best. 

4 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Big fight tomorrow with Bellew taking on Usyk. Apparently it's only the 5th/6th ever fight for all 4 belts. I'm not sure how prestigious this necessarily is when you consider there've been plenty of undisputed champions without 4 belts. Did Lennox really have to beat some no mark to win the 4th belt to be seen as truly undisputed? What is positive is that 3 of those 4-belt unification fights are as a result of the World Boxing Super Series. 

Bellew has insisted that this is his last fight and I'd be inclined to believe him. He's someone who has really grown on me over the years and he is someone who really says it like he is.

I can't see him winning but if he does he can finally say he actually is the motherloving best. 

I can’t take to him at all tbh . Bit of a mouthpiece droning on about all and sundry . He really likes the sound of his own voice . He wound up Cleverley , what he wasn’t gonna do to Adonis Stevenson , all the deep n meaningful stuff . I find it tough with his grating manner to warm to him really 

26 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I can’t take to him at all tbh . Bit of a mouthpiece droning on about all and sundry . He really likes the sound of his own voice . He wound up Cleverley , what he wasn’t gonna do to Adonis Stevenson , all the deep n meaningful stuff . I find it tough with his grating manner to warm to him really 

Here's one for you then... 

SmartSelect_20181109-215659_YouTube.gif.71270168cd79cccf7c0a46fcdb9d3b40.gif