8 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

the fact that my joke was deleted from this thread makes me worry about the namby pamby pc times that we now live in- I wont say it again but it went along the lines of being from a certain community and the irony of being robbed , is this forum really so left wing and pathetic? am shocked to say the least

You’re lucky to still be here if you’re making racist jokes.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

the fact that my joke was deleted from this thread makes me worry about the namby pamby pc times that we now live in- I wont say it again but it went along the lines of being from a certain community and the irony of being robbed , is this forum really so left wing and pathetic? am shocked to say the least

Behave. The 1970s was 4 decades ago. 

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

8 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

You’re lucky to still be here if you’re making racist jokes.

I wasn't, it was tongue in cheek humour about social culture ( hardly offensive) , the mods on here need to get their heads out of corbyns ass and see there is a real and very dangerous world out there , a bit of humour can help and being offended never killed anyone, really feel let down by  this forum now

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

I wasn't, it was tongue in cheek humour about social culture ( hardly offensive) , the mods on here need to get their heads out of corbyns ass and see there is a real and very dangerous world out there , a bit of humour can help and being offended never killed anyone, really feel let down by  this forum now

As noted in Gerrumonside’s post, if I had thought you were genuinely being offensive, rather than just being a bit out of date, you would have had at least a suspension from the forum.  Instead, I just deleted your post and didn’t even give you a telling-off.

Come on, take your telling and drop the subject.  You are wrong on this and are now making yourself look all Theresa May.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

I smiled at the joke.  But, it was poking fun at a minority group that have had a lot of do-do thrown at them over the years.  I do not dispute it being deleted.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

3 hours ago, DavidM said:

It’s interesting what happens with Big Josh now . This fight has moved him in to the shadow a little bit . If the rematch goes ahead it’s the only show in town for the spring and a Josh v White or whoever is decidedly second rate . Fast Eddie won’t like that so I can see saturdays fight accelerating talks with Wilder for April . If I had to guess I’d say that’s favourite . They don’t want to be the odd one out here , and to Warren to . They’ll pull out all the stops to get the unification bout done and push fury out 

Max Kellerman made a good point, it has genuinely opened up the question of who is the best. AJ was seen by 90% as the best now it has thrown serious doubt on that. 

I have a feeling Wilder-AJ might be the next step, there just seems to be less animosity from the Wilder side than previously and as I've stated he could see it as the better option than an improved Fury. 

There is some confusion about the whole rematch clause thing with Wilder-Fury. I get the feeling a draw means neither fighter gets one because Warren is trying to get the WBC to force one.

If it is AJs hands are tied and hopefully would face Whyte again. Chisora or Klitschko 2 would excite no-one. 

With it being boxing it will all come down to who can sell the most PPVs and tickets.

That usually dictates everything with sporting merit often a bystander in the sport.

I think too given the dangerous nature of boxing, it is only fair that the boxers are allowed to pursue the greatest financial rewards.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

24 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

With it being boxing it will all come down to who can sell the most PPVs and tickets.

That usually dictates everything with sporting merit often a bystander in the sport.

I think too given the dangerous nature of boxing, it is only fair that the boxers are allowed to pursue the greatest financial rewards.

Any mix of those three fighters getting it on would fill Wembley in minutes and sell massively . Even in the US fury has the attraction to sell PPV and would have as big a profile as Wilder who has struggled to break through into the top level of public awareness there . But after Saturday any fight between these guys is just ginormous 

Edited by DavidM

9 hours ago, DavidM said:

Any mix of those three fighters getting it on would fill Wembley in minutes and sell massively . Even in the US fury has the attraction to sell PPV and would have as big a profile as Wilder who has struggled to break through into the top level of public awareness there . But after Saturday any fight between these guys is just ginormous 

Reports have suggested that they sold around 325k PPV buys in the US. This is probably an OK figure although somewhat short of the 2.5m buys Wilder suggested.

I'm sure the rematch would be more.

• 2 weeks later...

Not heard of this fighter before, but a remarkable talent.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

What a total mismatch Canelo and Fielding was . I’m not sure I’d thank Eddie for that one if I’d just won a world title ! Can I keep hold of it a bit longer . Looked a ridiculous farce since that was announced. But as ever when you get smashed up , he was ‘ brave ‘ whatever that means . As in turning up I guess . 

57 minutes ago, DavidM said:

What a total mismatch Canelo and Fielding was . I’m not sure I’d thank Eddie for that one if I’d just won a world title ! Can I keep hold of it a bit longer . Looked a ridiculous farce since that was announced. But as ever when you get smashed up , he was ‘ brave ‘ whatever that means . As in turning up I guess . 

If Canelo wants to stay at Super Middleweight then I think a fight with Liverpool’s Callum Smith would be fantastic.

Maybe even a stadium job somewhere on Merseyside.

10 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

If Canelo wants to stay at Super Middleweight then I think a fight with Liverpool’s Callum Smith would be fantastic.

Maybe even a stadium job somewhere on Merseyside.

That’s at least a contest . I’m a big Callum Smith fan . He went under the radar a bit with him being on itv box office but he’s a real talent and I’d say the best in that weight class . Canelo is a bit of freak , almost a throwback . Stays active , teak tough , boxes , fights and has no weakness. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him hurt 

On 12/17/2018 at 11:14 AM, DavidM said:

That’s at least a contest . I’m a big Callum Smith fan . He went under the radar a bit with him being on itv box office but he’s a real talent and I’d say the best in that weight class . Canelo is a bit of freak , almost a throwback . Stays active , teak tough , boxes , fights and has no weakness. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him hurt 

Yeh I was impressed with him against Groves. 

The chances of the fight being on Merseyside are nil to nil. 

Funnily enough just found this online:

Golden Boy promoter Oscar De La Hoya said: “Canelo is the biggest name in boxing and we are looking abroad to build him into a global superstar.”

Eric Gomez, president of Golden Boy, added: “We are now very open to going to the UK, probably to fight Callum.”

After stopping Groves in seven rounds in their all-British encounter in September, Liverpudlian Smith outlined his hopes of fighting at Anfield next summer against Gennady Golovkin.

But the lure of facing Canelo, who beat Golovkin in their middleweight rematch in September, in front of a 80,000 capacity crowd at Wembley could prove too strong to resist.

7 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Why is that in your opinion?

Apologies if I came across as very dismissive.

Canelo is just too big to fight over here. The US isn't the market it was but he's pretty much their only household name and his events are huge events. He's just signed with DAZN and I can't see them sacrificing their biggest chance to get subscribers to let him fight over here. 

The only way would be like a Hatton-Tszyu where they showed it at US time but here. They couldn't do that at a big stadium like Wembley though. 

1 hour ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Apologies if I came across as very dismissive.

Canelo is just too big to fight over here. The US isn't the market it was but he's pretty much their only household name and his events are huge events. He's just signed with DAZN and I can't see them sacrificing their biggest chance to get subscribers to let him fight over here. 

The only way would be like a Hatton-Tszyu where they showed it at US time but here. They couldn't do that at a big stadium like Wembley though. 

I think that’s fair although it looks like Golden Boy who manage him are considering a fight in the U.K. with Callum Smith (see my previous post).

It looks like we might get Smith-Golovkin at Anfield and then either/or Smith-Canelo at Wembley.

Two awesome fights for U.K. fans in prospect.

• Like 1

So then which are you going to watch tonight - Whyte-Chisora 2 or Warrington-Frampton?

I enjoyed the first Whyte-Chisora fight, despite it being a bit of a brawl, just for the sheer heart showed by both men.  Hearn seems to be dangling the carrot of an April fight with Joshua for Whyte which should give this more spice as a contest.

On the other hand, Warrington-Frampton is for a bona fide world title fight in Manchester and both have large, noisy and loyal fan bases.  As far as they match up it reminds me slightly of when Scott Quigg fought Carl Frampton, when unfortunately the Bury man was shown to not be in the same class bracket as ‘the Jackal’.  Can Josh Warrington avoid the same fate?

I think for me it’s going to be Warrington-Frampton tonight on the TV as the Frank Warren undercard with the Mark Heffron-Liam Williams fight just shades it over the Eddie Hearn’s offering.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

6 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

So then which are you going to watch tonight - Whyte-Chisora 2 or Warrington-Frampton?

I enjoyed the first Whyte-Chisora fight, despite it being a bit of a brawl, just for the sheer heart showed by both men.  Hearn seems to be dangling the carrot of an April fight with Joshua for Whyte which should give this more spice as a contest.

On the other hand, Warrington-Frampton is for a bona fide world title fight in Manchester and both have large, noisy and loyal fan bases.  As far as they match up it reminds me slightly of when Scott Quigg fought Carl Frampton, when unfortunately the Bury man was shown to not be in the same class bracket as ‘the Jackal’.  Can Josh Warrington avoid the same fate?

I think for me it’s going to be Warrington-Frampton tonight on the TV as the Frank Warren undercard with the Mark Heffron-Liam Williams fight just shades it over the Eddie Hearn’s offering.

Bit naughty of Hearn to schedule a PPV clash like this even if he claims there was no other date. 

However, I've spoke before about how IMO there is something a bit unsatisfying about two little fellas who can't knock each other out. Warrington has only a 22% KO rate.

Whyte-Chisora has genuine beef and I'm intrigued as to which Chisora will turn up; also has Whyte improved a lot in the last two years?

I suspect they're building up to a rematch between Whyte and AJ. All of a sudden from being cordial they're now sledging each other again, Whyte especially. 

Following on from my last post, there has been a lot of speculation about what big fights are coming up next. 

It looks like Wilder's mask is finally slipping. As I've stated earlier, he's managed to convince the US that Joshua ducked him because he is scared. This IMO is far from the truth but the boxing community make RLfans posters look academic.

Post fight, AJ has been to America and appeared on a couple of prominent platforms stating the only fight he wants is Wilder. He's also gone into some detail about the alleged $50m offer.

Wilder has now changed tack and is claiming that AJ's side are begging for the fight. As Hearn said, how can you be ducking and begging? Recently on a podcast, he said he doesn't care how much they offer he wants Fury and is going to freeze them out. This has backfired and I think even Americans are waking up to the reality of him. He's spent so long going about one face one name one champion, that people aren't buying his reasons for dodging it when he's presented with a clear opportunity.

There is also some doubt about the rematch. Wilder doesn't want to leave the US and there are reports that Fury wants to get to 100%. Even his trainer has said he wants Wilder to face AJ and then the winner to fight Fury.

I have a sneaky feeling they'll play silly beggars with Fury too and Wilder's next fight will be Breazeale. I'll look forward to hearing the Wildettes defend that one. 

Whatever is in his own head wilder just isn’t as big as he thinks he is , in recognition quality or financial pulling power . Big Josh dwarfs him and is The A side in that match . He should come to Wembley , it’ll be huge and he’ll make a fortune . It’s there for him but I don’t think he fancies it . Like plenty of other US fighters  they want to stay at home have things their way and think it’s the be all and end all . 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Whatever is in his own head wilder just isn’t as big as he thinks he is , in recognition quality or financial pulling power . Big Josh dwarfs him and is The A side in that match . He should come to Wembley , it’ll be huge and he’ll make a fortune . It’s there for him but I don’t think he fancies it . Like plenty of other US fighters  they want to stay at home have things their way and think it’s the be all and end all . 

I often enjoy watching videos from the Mayweather gym where they ask for predictions on big fights. They tried to do one for Whyte-Chisora gym and I'd say half didn't know who he was. These are actual boxers and trainers.

To put it into perspective, Whyte is currently ranked 1 in the WBC heavyweight rankings and Chisora once fought Klitchko for the world title. The level of ignorance is staggering.

• Thanks 1