45 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Eddie Hearn has made a statement on it.

Yeh , that they were cleared to fight , and White says he’s consulting lawyers . I meant an announcement on a failed test as this news came out from god knows where and people were commenting on it and news outlets were reporting it as fact when it isn’t as of now 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Yeh , that they were cleared to fight , and White says he’s consulting lawyers . I meant an announcement on a failed test as this news came out from god knows where and people were commenting on it and news outlets were reporting it as fact when it isn’t as of now 

It’s a complicated picture as Hearn is right that he was cleared to fight, but there were circumstances regarding a ‘B’ sample relating to that decision:

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/578175/boxing-news-dillian-whyte-banned-substance/

17 minutes ago, DavidM said:

He’s waited ages and ages to get where he is ....and the ladder gets kicked away again , this time by himself 

Hearn getting a lot of criticism over the decision to carry on the fight after the failed test.

Suggestions being made that insurance could have been invalidated had Rivas been seriously hurt by someone knowingly boxing illegally.

Hearn himself could have been liable allegedly.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

29 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Heads up that there’s some interesting looking bouts on Sky now rather than Saturday including Anthony Fowler vs Brian Rose.

Undercard has bouts with Lewis Ritson and Robbie Davies JR

All need to win tonight - could be interesting.

Ritson was cutting a swathe through everyone until he met the European champion . I’ve never seen the hype in Fowler which seems based on being a famous amateur . By the way given VADA’s statement today I’m more confused than ever about the Dillian situation ...

10 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Ritson was cutting a swathe through everyone until he met the European champion . I’ve never seen the hype in Fowler which seems based on being a famous amateur . By the way given VADA’s statement today I’m more confused than ever about the Dillian situation ...

Got little sympathy with Whyte to be honest

I sparred today with a 53 year old former pro. He basically toyed with me.

This is a great sport and I urge you to do it rather than watch.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

7 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

I sparred today with a 53 year old former pro. He basically toyed with me.

This is a great sport and I urge you to do it rather than watch.

Sadly I doubt I could train for very long due to a permanent foot problem.

I’m in awe of those that can though and have talked at length with many keen amateurs.

Has an amazing power for helping to turn around lives and boxing literature is some of the best around for sport.

• Like 1

Its a WBC thing?  2 WBC world champions? -

Franchise title: Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez;

Regular title: Jermall Charlo (US)

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

49 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Its a WBC thing?  2 WBC world champions? -

Franchise title: Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez;

Regular title: Jermall Charlo (US)

Yes, been around for a bit that.

I think it used to be ‘regular’ and ‘super’ world champion.

You can see why people like Fury are able to say they are linear champs who beat the man who beat the man so to speak - as the actual belts are becoming more and more devalued.

It’s confusing for the fans, but obviously it allows the promoters to sell numerous ‘world title’ events.

3 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Yes, been around for a bit that.

I think it used to be ‘regular’ and ‘super’ world champion.

You can see why people like Fury are able to say they are linear champs who beat the man who beat the man so to speak - as the actual belts are becoming more and more devalued.

It’s confusing for the fans, but obviously it allows the promoters to sell numerous ‘world title’ events.

The number of belts is a bit silly already without splitting the champs up even more.

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

AJ vs Ruiz 2 will be in Saudi Arabia....

30 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

If AJ loses this he should stop. He should have had Ruiz in his pocket but looked like he thought he cud walk it.

Is certainly an interesting one if he does. Victory won't be redemption but defeat leaves him with nowhere really to go.

3 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Is certainly an interesting one if he does. Victory won't be redemption but defeat leaves him with nowhere really to go.

Indeed a win fight Fury and the top 2/3 then quit. (if he wins) will be regarded highly.

Reading Joe Calzaghe's biog at the moment thoughts on him. Despite following Eubank/Collins/Benn/Watson era for some reason I never watched one calzaghe fight. Probably cos I met the missus then but it does surprise me.

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

1 minute ago, Mumby Magic said:

Indeed a win fight Fury and the top 2/3 then quit. (if he wins) will be regarded highly.

Reading Joe Calzaghe's biog at the moment thoughts on him. Despite following Eubank/Collins/Benn/Watson era for some reason I never watched one calzaghe fight. Probably cos I met the missus then but it does surprise me.

Do you have a link for that blog?

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

5 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Yeh, he's only way to redemption is if it becomes an out-of-character blip like Lewis' defeats. If he loses, he'll still be sufficiently dangerous that the top top names won't risk a fight against him. He might end up with a rematch against Whyte but is that enough to carry on for?

Calzaghe was a great fighter but he stayed in his comfort zone for too long. He only went to the US and fought the top names too late in his career. It was only after beating Lacy in such a dominant fashion that he was truly rated as one of the best. He beat a past-it Roy Jones Jr and I thought was very lucky to get a decision against an aging Hopkins. I never quite liked his slapping style but in the end his record holds out. Most tellingly, on the Mayweather Gym channel they did a video on the greatest white boxer ever, and his name came up more than any other.

14 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Yeh, he's only way to redemption is if it becomes an out-of-character blip like Lewis' defeats. If he loses, he'll still be sufficiently dangerous that the top top names won't risk a fight against him. He might end up with a rematch against Whyte but is that enough to carry on for?

Calzaghe was a great fighter but he stayed in his comfort zone for too long. He only went to the US and fought the top names too late in his career. It was only after beating Lacy in such a dominant fashion that he was truly rated as one of the best. He beat a past-it Roy Jones Jr and I thought was very lucky to get a decision against an aging Hopkins. I never quite liked his slapping style but in the end his record holds out. Most tellingly, on the Mayweather Gym channel they did a video on the greatest white boxer ever, and his name came up more than any other.

I was never a huge calzaghe fan tbh . I think his record doesn’t equate to him being an all time great . He was well matched for a long time and Lacy was perfect for him and way overhyped . If anything Froch put it on the line far more