Just now, GUBRATS said:

How come the use of the word ' Gypsy ' is frowned upon , but it's OK for Mr Fury to use it ?

In the same way that white people using the "N" word carries different historical and emotional baggage to when black people use it?

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

If you say so 

Oh, you're trying to start one of those "you can't say anything these days" arguments. Sorry, you'll have to find someone else to prolong it until the thread gets locked. 

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Oh, you're trying to start one of those "you can't say anything these days" arguments. Sorry, you'll have to find someone else to prolong it until the thread gets locked. 

Nope I'm done 

Moving on...

I love a big boxing match, but I wouldn't buy a ticket to the top tier if it was £1 and across the road. Not only is it tiny but the rigging blocks most of the view.

The only fight I went was when Hatton had his homecoming at the Man City stadium. We had mid-range seats, and yeh the experience was good but we could see ###### all. 

For a one off fine, but if you really want to watch the fight no thanks.

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

That Lowe vs Ball support fight was fantastic and Ball looks a prospect.

He’s tiny but he beat Lowe up. Victor Loughlin was too slow at the end , he could have been badly hurt

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

That Lowe vs Ball support fight was fantastic and Ball looks a prospect.

As for later tonight I thought Fury in about 8  after wearing down Whyte with his jab and superior technique.

Coming around to Whyte in 4 catching him cold.

Sky bet offering 10-1 for Whyte in rounds 1-6. 

• Thanks 1

Fury KOs Whyte in round 6.

Edited by Futtocks

Ralph Waldo Emerson

29 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

Not a classic that one.

Whyte’s team trying to be too clever by half with the tactic of boxing southpaw in the opening round.

Think Whyte was more confused by what he was doing than Fury!

With the extra weight he looked sluggish and the roundhouse rights, that missed by a mile, smacked of desperation.

He got his game plan all wrong against one of the best boxers ever (think we have to say that now).

Be interesting to see what comes out of the Whyte camp in the future on their strategy tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Whyte’s team trying to be too clever by half with the tactic of boxing southpaw in the opening round.

With the extra weight he looked sluggish and the roundhouse rights, that missed by a mile, smacked of desperation.

He got his game plan all wrong against one of the best boxers ever (think we have to say that now).

Be interesting to see what comes out of the Whyte camp in the future on their strategy tonight.

He was blowing heavy after round 1. Looked an easy night for Fury, pretty much what I suspected would happen but also hoped wouldn't. 

8 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Yep, I’m with you on those tactics. Needed to adapt to the significant difference in height and reach and he had very little to trouble Fury. Remember Valuev? When Haye beat him in similar circumstances, it was in and out speed that did it. None of that from Whyte.

• Like 1

Whyte too slow , too timid , too unfit . Perfect showcase for Tyson , perfect opponent for him . Easy night and a great Lennox type crunching uppercut finish .  Be a crying shame if we don’t see him fight Usyk - AJ winner … the cry for it will be deafening if it’s AJ 

5 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Whyte too slow , too timid , too unfit . Perfect showcase for Tyson , perfect opponent for him . Easy night and a great Lennox type crunching uppercut finish .  Be a crying shame if we don’t see him fight Usyk - AJ winner … the cry for it will be deafening if it’s AJ 

I think he will.

Both he and Paris were basically saying, 'I think this is probably it.' Hardly being firm.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

sums up modern boxing 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Canelo loses!

I had it a 9-3 beatdown . Bivol was just to big and fought a very controlled fight . Canelo looked frustrated and fatigued . His punches were popgun on Bivol and only his granite toughness got him to the end 

15 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Canelo loses!

Did he forget to take his pep pills this time?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

10 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Did he forget to take his pep pills this time?

He thought he won . God knows what the Vegas judges were thinking , mind you all three only had it by a round . 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DavidM said:

He thought he won . God knows what the Vegas judges were thinking , mind you all three only had it by a round . 

That's the scary bit, you have to beat Canelo by 4 rounds + to get a verdict.

Canelo is clearly great, I wasn't that interested because I find his fights quite boring as they are so one-sided usually.

That said, for all his dominance he lost to Mayweather, he basically lost to GGG and now he's lost to Bivol. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hurrah , Britain has a new heavyweight champion ! Err , of sorts . Daniel Dubois knocks out former belt holder Trevor Bryan in 4 rounds to take his WBA ‘regular’ title . If you’ve seen the fight or YouTube highlights you’ll see the merit of that bauble . Dubois can now strive to add the WBA proper , WBA interim , WBA emeritus , WBA diamond , WBA champion in recess and WBA intercontinental intergalactic belts