4 minutes ago, Damien said:

Just watched Hagler v Hearns from 1985 on Sky. What a 3 rounds that was! More action in 3 rounds than many fights have in 12.

Hagler was my first boxing hero . One of my first memories of the sport was him literally smashing up Minter . He was a frightening fighter.

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, DavidM said:

Hagler was my first boxing hero . One of my first memories of the sport was him literally smashing up Minter . He was a frightening fighter.

Minter was a pretty good fighter. But pretty good wasn't good enough in this era.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

13 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Minter was a pretty good fighter. But pretty good wasn't good enough in this era.

I’m not sure he really knew what exactly was coming over to meet him . It’s like Ricky Burns defending against Terence Crawford , now and again you’re just plain unlucky !

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’m not sure he really knew what exactly was coming over to meet him . It’s like Ricky Burns defending against Terence Crawford , now and again you’re just plain unlucky !

Minter was the Mike Gatting to Hagler's Shane Warne.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 2 weeks later...

Tommy Fury denied visa to travel to the USA.  Admittedly it was for a Jake Paul fight press conference…. However the implications are that any fighter associated with a promoter who is a global drug baron might have trouble getting in the USA… 

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Anyone watching Usyk vs Joshua?

At least it isn't on at daft o'clock.

• Like 2

Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 minutes ago, Damien said:

What time is it on?

Expected to start at 10:30pm, but after the inevitable delays, the preposterous ring walks, the alphabetti spaghetti title announcements and all the other nonsense you get before a big fight, the first punch will be thrown probably closer to 11.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

19 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Expected to start at 10:30pm, but after the inevitable delays, the preposterous ring walks, the alphabetti spaghetti title announcements and all the other nonsense you get before a big fight, the first punch will be thrown probably closer to 11.

Im always dying to know who the steward in charge is and who the doctor is. It often seems the MC thinks everyone has tuned into see them… and why do so many MC’s who aren’t American think they have to put on a sort of fake jazzy American accent . For what its worth im not paying 30 quid for this . I’ll catch it tomorrow somewhere

Jeez, wouldn't fancy being the Chinese bloke up now, I doubt he'll last more than two rounds.

Hrfgovic looks like a beast.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

My word, looks like I was talking boll ocks, great end to the round for Zhang.

Edited by Old Frightful
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

35 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

My word, looks like I was talking boll ocks, great end to the round for Zhang.

What a great/bizarre fight this is. As I type Hrgovic is suddenly on top.

Zhang has been a lot better than I remember, I didn't give him 2 rounds.

6 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

My old granny could punch harder than Joshua....he's done now....will be begging Fury for a fight

Not fair IMO, I think Usyk will be peeing blood tomorrow after the body shots.

He wasn't skillful enough to catch him, that was his problem.