The Americans are Coming!

Just now, gingerjon said:

New York and Boston looking likely to bring a two-game series to London next year.

DYs4H9UWkAAQ4KF.jpg:large

The subtitle could do with some work...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

9 minutes ago, ckn said:

Insular Americans not getting how things could be read is one of their charms.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

40 minutes ago, ckn said:

That was my first though too! 

My second thought was wondering if there's a load of people on forums in America angrily typing away that it's a pointless exercise, why are they bothering, and that these games should be played in the heartlands...

6 minutes ago, John Drake said:

That was my first though too! 

My second thought was wondering if there's a load of people on forums in America angrily typing away that it's a pointless exercise, why are they bothering, and that these games should be played in the heartlands...

I first saw about it in a Hardball Times tweet and the first dozen replies were all saying 'why bother' ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

NY Times article on it.

“It’s a shorter trip than to California, right?” Yankees Manager Aaron Boone, who has never been to London, said on Monday. “Let’s get the royal family out there. Maybe the queen can make an appearance.”

:P

If it's at Stratford though I may make an effort and go along!

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

14 minutes ago, ckn said:

NY Times article on it.

“It’s a shorter trip than to California, right?” Yankees Manager Aaron Boone, who has never been to London, said on Monday. “Let’s get the royal family out there. Maybe the queen can make an appearance.”

:P

If it's at Stratford though I may make an effort and go along!

I'm not sure how the dimensions pan out but Stratford is what's been mooted before.

I like that the guy in the article said it would be more interesting to play in Havana. Which they did a couple of years back. And will do again. I give up with some people.

I watched the l.a dodgers v San Diego sausages or whatever they are called when I went to visit relatives in California. I Quite enjoyed it because,and I know you lot will find it hard to believe,it's very tactical,especially when it's a tight game and the last team batting need to,oh who am I kidding? It was garbage!

Archived