York City Knights Ladies

Hopping Mad

I see YCKL are part of the inaugural women's Super League season. It appears some of the teams will play a few of their games as curtain-raisers to men's fixtures. Any plans to do the same at York? YCKL's opening game, against Castleford Ladies, is on April 22, potentially the same afternoon as the York City Knights-Catalans Dragons Challenge Cup tie. Seems like a great opportunity to promote women's rugby league by playing the two matches back-to-back at Bootham Crescent.

4 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

I see YCKL are part of the inaugural women's Super League season. It appears some of the teams will play a few of their games as curtain-raisers to men's fixtures. Any plans to do the same at York? YCKL's opening game, against Castleford Ladies, is on April 22, potentially the same afternoon as the York City Knights-Catalans Dragons Challenge Cup tie. Seems like a great opportunity to promote women's rugby league by playing the two matches back-to-back at Bootham Crescent.

There's only one set of changing rooms so I imagine that's a non-starter. One of the many reasons Bootham Crescent isn't suitable for 21st century sporting events sadly.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

12 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

What a brilliant idea. There must be some way round the limited dressing room space surely?

Have to say I knew nothing of this new women's Super League until, a couple of weeks ago, stumbling across interviews with the captains of Bradford and Featherstone, two of YCKL's rivals in 2018. They featured - very impressively, I thought - during the last hour of BBC Radio Leeds's Sunday afternoon RL programme, which I caught driving back to York from the Sheffield-Toronto game. Both women indicated Bradford and Featherstone would play at least some of their games as curtain-raisers to Bulls/Rovers fixtures. Do Odsal and Post Office Road have (at least) four dressing rooms?

2 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

There's only one set of changing rooms so I imagine that's a non-starter. One of the many reasons Bootham Crescent isn't suitable for 21st century sporting events sadly.

2 hours ago, This Sporting Strife said:

What a brilliant idea. There must be some way round the limited dressing room space surely?

Where there are challenges there are also solutions! This is a great idea and one that should be thoroughly explored. 

Archived