Lamport pitch renewal

RobertAM

1 hour ago, Smoketrail said:

Tickets for the fletchers fields game goimg on sale tomorrow on ticketmaster.

No one knows how many will show up for this game out at Fletchers...was just driving with the wife and she said. "Just like last year for the opener...no one really knows."  I remember standing outside the gates on the north end at Lamport and the TWP was warming up and there were maybe 30 people in the stands...we had driven 4and 1/2 hours to get there.  Family looked at me and said. "What are we going to do?"   I said ' "We're going in to watch this game come hell or high water...then it started to fill up late....was great.

How many will show at Fletchers?..who knows?...good weather will really help though...if its bad weather could have a smaller crowd.  Either way, come Hell or high water, I will be there with the crew.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

How many will show at Fletchers?..who knows?...good weather will really help though...if its bad weather could have a smaller crowd.  Either way, come Hell or high water, I will be there with the crew.

Me and the First Mate also.  We wouldn't miss it for almost anything.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

No one knows how many will show up for this game out at Fletchers...was just driving with the wife and she said. "Just like last year for the opener...no one really knows."  I remember standing outside the gates on the north end at Lamport and the TWP was warming up and there were maybe 30 people in the stands...we had driven 4and 1/2 hours to get there.  Family looked at me and said. "What are we going to do?"   I said ' "We're going in to watch this game come hell or high water...then it started to fill up late....was great.

Yeah I know, sorry, we were very late for that first game, we stopped at a very good Indonesian restaurant on the way, talked to the owners, very nice... we missed the anthems, we didn't know they were playing anthems, club game? we forgot we were in North America... We were surprised by the numbers, specially with that ugly weather. This was history!

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Sorry, can't come, will be in Europe, Ghent or Zeeland. I got more chance to find a pub with Premier Sports in Ghent for sure. Will stream it anyway. This will be history!

20 hours ago, TMF said:

Kman, be very careful of what you say in an open forum. I've travelled the world and know very well what stuffed envelopes are. I've filled a couple. The RL does watch this forum. I know you'll say your kidding but once you create smoke..... From an English friend.

I hope they are watching this forum and realizing we in Canada possess a certain amount of disdain for their management style, or perhaps really their lack thereof.....

The inability of City of Toronto to award this contract and have it completed so as to not interfere with the operations of a marquee tenant who brings in substantial monetary benefit to the that area as well as the downtown core with every game is a disgrace.  Were I the WolfPack management I would be putting pen to paper on a very stinging letter to the City.  There is absolutely no reason this work could not have commenced in early March to be completed for the end of April. 

I don't think there's any argument there. good luck.

On 4/13/2018 at 12:01 PM, Captain Survival said:

I hope they are watching this forum and realizing we in Canada possess a certain amount of disdain for their management style, or perhaps really their lack thereof.....

The inability of City of Toronto to award this contract and have it completed so as to not interfere with the operations of a marquee tenant who brings in substantial monetary benefit to the that area as well as the downtown core with every game is a disgrace.  Were I the WolfPack management I would be putting pen to paper on a very stinging letter to the City.  There is absolutely no reason this work could not have commenced in early March to be completed for the end of April. 

I'm sure the Wolfpack are more frustrated than anyone about it.

well I've got a strong contingent coming along with our core group of season ticket holders and we're just hoping the team lays on a shuttle from Lamport as we intend on doing some serious damage in the "faux" beer-garden setup at FF. So I'd encourage all to push, pull ,kick, bribe, blackmail or otherwise shame as many people as you can into making the trek and ensure we welcome them in a manner befitting a FIRST PLACE team.!

• 2 weeks later...

Lamport looking a little forlorn today May 1 - work progressing at a dizzying pace though...(sarcasm there)  hopefully by June we'll be installed n ready for the Bronco's. 

lamport may 1 A.jpg

lamport may 1 B.jpg

4 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Maybe they are making a direct pipelines to the local breweries for the beer garden and THAT's why its taking so long?

Let's hope there isn't a pipeline involved or else the project will be delayed for years once they start protesting the pipeline.

As for the turf, I watched one go up at a high school last fall and it goes fast once the turf starts rolling.  Hopefully it goes smoothly and fast when that happens.

Looking at the scope of work from the web site:

The project Scope of Work includes, but is not limited to, the following:

• Commencement of work onsite no earlier than April 2, 2018 and Substantial Performance of the work no later than June 29, 2018;
• Toronto Parking Authority Pre and Post parking lot condition survey;
• Mobilization;
• Temporary Site Hoarding;
• Removal, Cleaning and Storage of existing synthetic angled edges around the perimeter of the synthetic turf field;
• Removal and Disposal (off site) of the existing synthetic turf, infill material and shock pad – Complete;
• Investigation and review of existing asphalt base and repairs as required;
• Supply and installation of synthetic turf field, sand / rubber infill and shock pad to meet the Rugby Football League standards and FIFA 1 Standards– field lines to include rugby, soccer and field hockey;
• Re-installation of existing synthetic angled edges around the perimeter of the synthetic turf field;
• Clean-up and restoration; and,
• Demobilization

Looks like they are at "Investigation and review of existing asphalt base and repairs as required;"

18 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

union job  more time spent drinking tim hortons and eating donuts than actual work

I though it was contracted out to a company. 

The June 29 deadline sounds like it could be trouble.

39 minutes ago, ojx said:

I though it was contracted out to a company. 

The June 29 deadline sounds like it could be trouble.

The Union provides the supervisory team, the supervisory oversight team and the supervisory oversight surveillance team. ;)  Experts at watching pots to make sure they don't boil.

i believe Rob or someone else mentioned in a post about the Swinton game that they walked by Lamport and the turf was being laid down! anyone from the area have any pictures to share? After the FF hors d'oeuvre who's ready for the real home opener vs. the Broncos?

gawd get it down, we need (in no particular order 1) a fortress where we never lose , 2) a beer garden,3) a hot dog cannon 4) mojito man and oh yeh 5) 9000+ rowdy fans..  roll on June 9!

One better from an hour ago. London...this is where revenge will be served. You will be the first to taste defeat here do that's something to put in the history books at least 

FB_IMG_1525739193134.jpg

I drove down to the club shop to buy some swag and checked out the stadium.  There is plenty of room for expansion at Lamport and that place could be turned in to a legit 10k-15k stadium in a couple of years with a minimum of effort.

Archived