Sign in to follow this  

48 minutes ago, Moose said:

England are playing a 3 day intra-squad match in preparation for the upcoming Test series against the WI.

It’s being streamed live via the ECB  homepage, today is day 2 and it starts at 11:00am.

I only found out about it last night therefore didn’t see any of yesterday’s play, I’ve had a look this morning and it seems as though it’s the same set up as the streaming the counties use, ie one fixed camera at each end.

Yes, it's quite basic. The big issue (because obviously I focus on the big issues) is that the players seem to be wearing a proper England Test shirt that has a football-esque sponsor logo across the middle (where some Championship teams have one) rather than just on sleeves or in small at the top of the shirt.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

GREAT NEWS 

County cricket back in August and club cricket next weekend (What a ###### I went to Spain on Thursday) thinking about coming back now:)

I've booked Friday off work - NRL in the morning, then (weather permitting) day 2 of the first Test against the Windies. 

• Like 3

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

I've booked Friday off work - NRL in the morning, then (weather permitting) day 2 of the first Test against the Windies. 

Two very weak Test teams (so should at least be competitive) so if it doesn't rain then we should know who's going to win by the end of day two.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

We’ve got a good group of pace bowlers in this enlarged group . I think they may rotate Jofra and Wood , although it would be good to see them together at a quick track like OT . Wood is the man in possession so I’d expect him to start at Soton . Whether they play Broad and Anderson together through this whirlwind of tests is another question . They like Woakes so he’ll play . Good deep stocks anywhere with Curran , Stone , Mahmood etc 

Edited by DavidM
  • Like 1

The forecast so far looks like a bit on rain on days 1 & 2. But still time to get some play in.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

10 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The forecast so far looks like a bit on rain on days 1 & 2. But still time to get some play in.

Do not , I repeat NOT , so that . I’ve waited months for this . It will be very sunny and warm for every day of every match , or else...

30 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Do not , I repeat NOT , so that . I’ve waited months for this . It will be very sunny and warm for every day of every match , or else...

Forecast says rain on Friday morning, when the NRL's on, then dry for the rest of the day (and weekend).

Of course, forecasts aren't infallible, but that sounds pretty good for me.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Forecast says rain on Friday morning, when the NRL's on, then dry for the rest of the day (and weekend).

Of course, forecasts aren't infallible, but that sounds pretty good for me.

Shouldn’t need five days to beat this Windies team , he said optimistically 

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

If it’s warm and sunny every day then we’ll have two spare days at the end.

Just checked the BBC forecast again. Tomorrow looks washed out, plus a chunk of Thursday.

Looking on the bright side, this means the Test will almost certainly still be going at the weekend. Good news for those working away from TVs or radios.

15 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Anyone near Southampton ! Is it raining 

Through the miracle of modern technology my smartphone has a weather app that tells me it is cloudy in Southampton at the moment and is forecast to be the same for the rest of the day. 😉

6 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Through the miracle of modern technology my smartphone has a weather app that tells me it is cloudy in Southampton at the moment and is forecast to be the same for the rest of the day. 😉

Ey , still sending pigeons here 

• Haha 1

TMS starts at 10:25am, so we'll find out soon enough.

• Like 1

@GeorgeDobell1

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's dry in Southampton but... it's not raining right now. I'd be pretty confident we get 50+ overs.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

@GeorgeDobell1

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's dry in Southampton but... it's not raining right now. I'd be pretty confident we get 50+ overs.

I’ve been lucky enough to take the next few days off work as planned leave and there’s nothing quite like taking in the first overs of a test match in the summer.

Really hoping for a great contest.

Had been excited about Archer’s potential for the future, but have been wondering since whether he’s going to be more of an impact bowler rather than main workhorse given some of his injuries and form.

A monologue from Captain Tom Moore to start proceedings. Nice.

I think it's going to at best be a disrupted day of cricket. Shame really considering the amount of good weather we've had recently. During the lockdown period we hardly had any rain and it was hot and sunny most days. Still, it's good for my allotment.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

I think it's going to at best be a disrupted day of cricket. Shame really considering the amount of good weather we've had recently. During the lockdown period we hardly had any rain and it was hot and sunny most days. Still, it's good for my allotment.

It’s good old Mr Sod’s law again ... 

England win the toss and Stokes chooses to bat first.

2 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

Cricket should send tours to drought-stricken areas of the world.

• Haha 1

The covers are coming off, and we all know what means...

wait for it...

Only minutes to go 'til they come on again!

Look at that sky ... we win the toss *and bat* ...

I hope that my raised eyebrows are proved wrong.