LEIGH V DEWSBURY

graham fisher

Credit to our fans that travelled yesterday I decided not to go late on and think my decision was justified? We're we really that poor was our discipline as bad as it sounded on the radio or was our old friend Mr Hewer one sided with the 50/50 calls?

Think we need to improve for Friday as it could be a tough old Easter. ?

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

I think the way the RFL - yes BSJ I blame them for letting our game spiral out of control. Allowing DR, getting rid of under 19, losing second teams, parashute payments, vastly unequal fund distribution, enforcing stadium criteria on certain clubs whilst turning a blind eye to others, expansion at any cost and kowtowing to money... To be honest our game ain't worth watching most weeks. 

My Mrs said to me yesterday as I set off to the mount "I hope you win". I replied I hope we do but I want to see a good game of rugby more than owt else... 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, muddyfunster said:

Credit to our fans that travelled yesterday I decided not to go late on and think my decision was justified? We're we really that poor was our discipline as bad as it sounded on the radio or was our old friend Mr Hewer one sided with the 50/50 calls?

Think we need to improve for Friday as it could be a tough old Easter. ?

I guess you could consider yourselves unfortunate to come up against a team that finally played nearer to its potential, than it had previously. Leigh squad contains players who have well over 2,000 SL/NRL appearances between them. They had previously totally failed to come to terms with the fact that you have to do a lot more than just turn up to beat any Championship side. The last two weeks have seen them play as a team, and work very hard for each other - to play 160 minutes of RL, and not concede a try is a huge achievement, at any level. Yesterday, Dewsbury tried everything to unlock a defence that just wasn't going to yield, and the points then flowed from that defensive effort.

Of course, we still have to come over to yours............................................!;)

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

I think the way the RFL - yes BSJ I blame them for letting our game spiral out of control. Allowing DR, getting rid of under 19, losing second teams, parashute payments, vastly unequal fund distribution, enforcing stadium criteria on certain clubs whilst turning a blind eye to others, expansion at any cost and kowtowing to money... To be honest our game ain't worth watching most weeks. 

My Mrs said to me yesterday as I set off to the mount "I hope you win". I replied I hope we do but I want to see a good game of rugby more than owt else... 

When did I say otherwise PM?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, AlanE said:

I guess you could consider yourselves unfortunate to come up against a team that finally played nearer to its potential, than it had previously. Leigh squad contains players who have well over 2,000 SL/NRL appearances between them. They had previously totally failed to come to terms with the fact that you have to do a lot more than just turn up to beat any Championship side. The last two weeks have seen them play as a team, and work very hard for each other - to play 160 minutes of RL, and not concede a try is a huge achievement, at any level. Yesterday, Dewsbury tried everything to unlock a defence that just wasn't going to yield, and the points then flowed from that defensive effort.

Of course, we still have to come over to yours............................................!;)

Yes perhaps I could have suggested that Leigh might have now found the form that has been lacking. I expected a defeat but not a whitewash. I guess the win last week was the springboard you needed and eventually someone was going to feel the backlash from your poor start. Typical it was us! Lets hope we can reverse things a little in June :wink: . Incidentally and somewhat unfortunately (or maybe not) I won't witness.   :sad:

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

3 hours ago, muddyfunster said:

Yes perhaps I could have suggested that Leigh might have now found the form that has been lacking. I expected a defeat but not a whitewash. I guess the win last week was the springboard you needed and eventually someone was going to feel the backlash from your poor start. Typical it was us! Lets hope we can reverse things a little in June :wink: . Incidentally and somewhat unfortunately (or maybe not) I won't witness.   :sad:

In the next four games, we play the bottom three teams, plus unbeaten London. Hopefully that spell should see us climb the table a bit - or the bottom three cease to be the bottom three!!;)

I'm sure the trip over to yours will be as difficult for us, as it always is, regardless of our form up to then.

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

When did I say otherwise PM?

You've been known on occasion to stick up for Red hall. I just put that down to your blind side! Let's see what happens in the next couple of years and see if we get just some more elitist driven todge

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

You've been known on occasion to stick up for Red hall. I just put that down to your blind side! Let's see what happens in the next couple of years and see if we get just some more elitist driven todge

If you mean that I like to correct inaccuracies, then you are welcome. This is not the same as sticking up for Red Hall/Etihad/Chapeltown Road.

It's the SL mob you need to keep an eye on; now there is a different kettle of fish.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Back to the game.

I didn't attend for a variety of reasons yet haven't really read any comments or critique of how well or poorly we did; if team selection was sound; if we got stiffed by a ben referee on the direct instructions from the RFL etc. LE simply seems to give a timeline of events with no real comments upon the performances.

Does anyone who attended wish to elaborate?

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Back to the game.

I didn't attend for a variety of reasons yet haven't really read any comments or critique of how well or poorly we did; if team selection was sound; if we got stiffed by a ben referee on the direct instructions from the RFL etc. LE simply seems to give a timeline of events with no real comments upon the performances.

Does anyone who attended wish to elaborate?

I went and we were ###### poor in attack but put the effort was there; but you can’t concede three tries in the space of under ten minutes whilst giving the ball away due to ill discipline and expect to reallly challenge a full time side. 

Matty English ran hard and tackled well, Guzdedk read the game very well and was probably our man of the match and Day and Ward dealed with being targeted — probably due to their size, very well. A few moments when Worrincy looked as though he could of broken but seemed cautious and let Leigh players just meet him. Poor kicking from Sykes again but guessing he’s struggling with a knock on him.

Leigh’s play was built almost solely on speed and power, as when they got to the line they almost looked as clueless there as us — the difference being their speed from the ruck etc. Saying that when we were at the line we looked slow and disorganised. Moore not looking sharp.

The referee performance was okay in my opinion, we as fans were far too emotional towards Hewer as most of the penalties were brought onto us by ourself by laying on etc. 

A bit of free hit a along as we perform against Batley and Fax. 

13 hours ago, ram1999k said:

I went and we were ###### poor in attack but put the effort was there; but you can’t concede three tries in the space of under ten minutes whilst giving the ball away due to ill discipline and expect to reallly challenge a full time side. 

Matty English ran hard and tackled well, Guzdedk read the game very well and was probably our man of the match and Day and Ward dealed with being targeted — probably due to their size, very well. A few moments when Worrincy looked as though he could of broken but seemed cautious and let Leigh players just meet him. Poor kicking from Sykes again but guessing he’s struggling with a knock on him.

Leigh’s play was built almost solely on speed and power, as when they got to the line they almost looked as clueless there as us — the difference being their speed from the ruck etc. Saying that when we were at the line we looked slow and disorganised. Moore not looking sharp.

The referee performance was okay in my opinion, we as fans were far too emotional towards Hewer as most of the penalties were brought onto us by ourself by laying on etc. 

A bit of free hit a along as we perform against Batley and Fax. 

Fair comment there. I reckon our attacking play was built mostly on the back of a very energetic, organised defence, that tired your guys. Looking back at the game, although it may not seem like it from the scoreline, you did manage to snuff out a few likely looking scores. In other words, I thought your defensive effort was pretty good, with most of our tries resulting from built-up pressure. As for the three tries in ten minutes, well that's the way the game tends to go, when one team has, or is given, continued possession - as we well know from our recent nightmare at The Shay!

Archived