Good Friday Predictions

Cl1998

5 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Did you go to that 0-0 i aged 20yr that day. 80 minutes of stress even if your up by 20 your still bricking it!

Was that the one where we beat them the week before and Stokes put a second team out ? If it was I missed it I was working thank God. :shout:

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the town defence is the same as at Keighley or Skolars then with players like Phillips, aiye and Parker we could make things extremely difficult for ourselves. Hopefully we bring the broncos defensive display, the pack lay a good platform and Jamie can pull the strings. I think it will be a tight affair with not much in it with probably the team who keep their discipline coming out on top, hopefully Town. I’m away so unfortunately will have an unpleasant afternoon listening to Gibson on the radio as he shrieks with delight if Haven score and sounds incredibly depressed if Town do. It’s a pity they don’t use Walshy or even the guy that was on last week at London.

1 minute ago, IanMac said:

If the town defence is the same as at Keighley or Skolars then with players like Phillips, aiye and Parker we could make things extremely difficult for ourselves. Hopefully we bring the broncos defensive display, the pack lay a good platform and Jamie can pull the strings. I think it will be a tight affair with not much in it with probably the team who keep their discipline coming out on top, hopefully Town. I’m away so unfortunately will have an unpleasant afternoon listening to Gibson on the radio as he shrieks with delight if Haven score and sounds incredibly depressed if Town do. It’s a pity they don’t use Walshy or even the guy that was on last week at London.

The guy last week was the most sensible I've heard. 

13 minutes ago, anok4u said:

Did you go to that 0-0 i aged 20yr that day. 80 minutes of stress even if your up by 20 your still bricking it!

Yes that was a very bizarre occasion . As time went by you were thinking any point would be decisive !

15 minutes ago, Town Army said:

I would the spend the next 64mins panicking about a possible comeback! (Before beginning my celebrations in minute 79!) You just can't win. ?

Yes as we hit the 30 mark you’d be thinking ... surely we can hold onto this . I remember being at uni when we were at Sheffield in SL , 20 odd up , I went out then found out later we’d lost !!

8 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Was that the one where we beat them the week before and Stokes put a second team out ? If it was I missed it I was working thank God. :shout:

No before that, Dean marwood missed to kicks that normally he would have back healed...

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

16 minutes ago, anok4u said:

12 minutes ago, town blue said:

Usually at around 2 p.m. i get restless and start feeling optimistic, get in the car and off I go. I think i will go in the same frame of mind as last season with no expectation what so ever. I hope that Howarth doesn't have the same influence over this game as last season - UTT

Need to put my glasses on I thought you said 60.0 :tongue: Yeh I was at that one we were expected to win that one comfortably it was one of the biggest Town followings at the Wreck I've ever seen, it was tense to say the least.

3 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Yes as we hit the 30 mark you’d be thinking ... surely we can hold onto this . I remember being at uni when we were at Sheffield in SL , 20 odd up , I went out then found out later we’d lost !!

28.0 at HT we were all dancing on the concourse :shout:

38 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Gibson hates Haven as much as Town, he loves his beloved Barrow. 

HW

7 minutes ago, Havenwarrior said:

Gibson hates Haven as much as Town, he loves his beloved Barrow. 

HW

Send him to Halifax then and keep him well clear . He calls us haven half the time anyway so it’ll just be confusing . Walshy or ‘ Fraser ‘ whoever that was are streets ahead 

44 minutes ago, DavidM said:

The Daryll Powell inspired fight back...that bloke really hates losing!

1 minute ago, town blue said:

Did the 0-0 draw take place on boxing day during Peter Walsh's era? I remember watching a midfield battle on a mud bath pitch for the full 80 mins.

thats the one but i think the boxing day game was called off and it was played a week later, I remember being in Town on boxing day ready to go the place was bouncing then news came through that it was off. Everyone was gutted.

Certainly a lesson in superiority counting for nowt on the day if you don’t get it right as we got that draw then they did us 4-7 here at Easter in our title year . I prefer that lovely hiding , must have been the year before I guess , when we flooded through there and that mulligan slalom try was the highlight 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Certainly a lesson in superiority counting for nowt on the day if you don’t get it right as we got that draw then they did us 4-7 here at Easter in our title year . I prefer that lovely hiding , must have been the year before I guess , when we flooded through there and that mulligan slalom try was the highlight 

Yes the home defeat was a shock I think there were 5.000 at that game and very few haven fans, we played most of the game with 12 men after Oggy got sent off early on.

I'm sure that 0-0 game lasted 3 hours, I was in bits at the end. I find the wreck a strange ground to watch a game, with the two open terraces and the mini grandstand it doesn't lend itself to a good atmosphere IMO, and added to that you can't see the near touchline from the side terracing, and the PA system is a bit hit and miss. I can't think of another ground similar. I know DP is no kings palace either btw. At least when the roof was on you could keep dry without resorting to the Kells end. So it's always a bit of a chore to get through there, but I'll be there as usual feeling pretty nervous from the moment I get up. UTT

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

37 minutes ago, town blue said:

Did the 0-0 draw take place on boxing day during Peter Walsh's era? I remember watching a midfield battle on a mud bath pitch for the full 80 mins.

28th December 1993. Des Drummond made the best tackle I’ve ever seen in that game, Seeds was in the act of scoring and Dessie appeared from nowhere to get underneath him and hold him up. Then of course the infamous forward pass that ruled out Peter Dover’s try in the last minute....

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

30 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Think that 4-7 Home defeat was the game where Oggy committed GBH on Lee Kiddie ?

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

One of the most enjoyable wins on the rec was when Timuvave (excuse the spelling) practically won the game on his own - I believe he scored a hatrick in one of the best and classiest performances that I have seen from a Town centre. The game was played under floodlights and even the popular side had a covered stand.

1 minute ago, town blue said:

One of the most enjoyable wins on the rec was when Timuvave (excuse the spelling) practically won the game on his own - I believe he scored a hatrick in one of the best and classiest performances that I have seen from a Town centre. The game was played under floodlights and even the popular side had a covered stand.

Was that the one when King Kenny Kerr slid in at the kells end from 30mts out,  Our chairman Mr Mounsey playing for haven was sent off that night after Clogger Colin Falcon had been dismissed earlier for us.

10 hours ago, wonderofwood said:

The two points on offer !!

And that's all they are just 2 points and 2 steps on a long road, so whatever happens Friday, there are good things happening at Workington Town and we need to recognise that and as much as I desperately want those 2 it's important to keep walking on that road as its leading somewhere. 

Archived