Friday

Keep The Faith

10 hours ago, Gareth hock said:

Let’s hope you get a decent ref today because that’s the only reason Batley ever lose nothing to do with the overweight forwards inaffective halfbacks slow wingers and poor kicking game .

In rhyming slang, you really have hit the nail on the head with your choice of name, I was just thinking to myself, what a complete Gareth Hock you are.

All the best!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight then good performance in defence 

but our ball across the line needs sorting I thought Brambani did okay but got caught 3 times with the ball.. Our pack with day & manning back even better day took his try wonderful... Crookes took his even better I also thought Holland had his better game in batley shirt 

2 much needed points on to Monday hopefully we collect them like today  

Not a classic but we made a hard slog of it. Good physical outing and a much better official.

Our scrambling defence is better, low error rate helps.

Holland either needs to break tackles or offload for a big unit hes too nice.

Day and mannings energy helped massively 

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

14 minutes ago, 9' oller said:

Not a classic but we made a hard slog of it. Good physical outing and a much better official.

Our scrambling defence is better, low error rate helps.

Holland either needs to break tackles or offload for a big unit hes too nice.

Day and mannings energy helped massively 

Isn't it marvelous when you win the referee is the dogs boll ox. What a difference a week makes.

Now now don' be getting hicups on our amber nectar

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Isn't it marvelous when you win the referee is the dogs boll ox. What a difference a week makes.

We lost against Leigh in the cup and it had nothing to do with the ref. I know it is old fashioned of me, but I just prefer to pay my money to see a game decided by the players, without the assistance of the whistle soloist.

I thought the ref was awful and I'm getting sick of watching them have more impact on a game than the players! No consistency at all. I was impressed with Dewsbury defensive effort but they look a little short of ideas as we did at times. I thought leak & Rowe sparked us up a bit and why nobody goes with Brown baffles me at times. A solid performance bit I won't be buying the DVD - sorry BISSA

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

12 hours ago, graham fisher said:

For the record Graham I thought he wasnt brilliant. Only policed the ruck. Thought there were 2 teams on show that weren't up for it. I'll take the win but could have gone either way. We do persist taking tap free kicks then taking 3 tackles to end up where we should have started after the kick on first tackle. 

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

12 hours ago, graham fisher said:

He was very poor, but it gets to the point where you are flogging a dead horse complaining about it.

It might be me, but, the game is getting more and more like American football with the amount of stoppages and interruptions. Most games don't seem to really flow.

I realise reffing a game is not easy and it is thankless task, but I feel they do not do themselves any favours with the lack of consistency and almost arbitrary nature, that they seem to blow things up that both side have got away with all game. Especially when they are giving back-to-back penalties or blowing things up in key positions and late in the tackle count.

It has got to the point, that if a side has a try chalked off for a forward pass, that you feel hard done by, as the officials rarely seem to pick them up. 

I have no complaints about the referee in last night's awful match. Perhaps you ought to have a look at the wrong decisions and missed moments from the referee in the Hull derby. 

Only highlight for me lady night was Morton's interception try uphill. Neither team's attack was great, especially Deesbury's. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

i thought our game play was realy poor, why the hell do we always take a tap instead of kicking to touch to get more meteridge, 3 times we had ample  chance to take 2pts to give us a 2 score deficit but diskin told them to run it, even in 1st half with only 2 minutes remaining, take the 2 get ball back, simple but not rocket science rugby, we could of easily thrown that game away.

An uninspiring match played between two mediocre middle of the table teams.  Wonder how we will do in the plate competition?

Thought the ref had a good game - liked the way that after an infringement he allowed play to continue to see if there was any advantage and when there wasn't he blew up.

4 minutes ago, fredm said:

An uninspiring match played between two mediocre middle of the table teams.  Wonder how we will do in the plate competition?

Thought the ref had a good game - liked the way that after an infringement he allowed play to continue to see if there was any advantage and when there wasn't he blew up.

Agree with you totally on this Fredm. Batley were deserved winners, no doubt about that. However, it was one of the most uninspiring games that I can remember watching (and I've seen a few) and, frankly, I couldn't wait to get off home. The ref made a couple of mistakes but nothing like as many as those made by the players.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

I have no complaints about the referee in last night's awful match. Perhaps you ought to have a look at the wrong decisions and missed moments from the referee in the Hull derby. 

Only highlight for me lady night was Morton's interception try uphill. Neither team's attack was great, especially Deesbury's. 

I wasn't just commenting on our game, it has been the same story in most of the games I have seen this season. I've just seen the first half of the Fev v Toronto game and there were two trips in the 1st 5 minutes (both by Fev) that went unpunished, yet both were blatant. Then Knowles stuck the nut on Emmett and won the penalty!! Watts got a 4 match ban for much less than that. I make no wonder Fev are not complaining much. Although TWP first try was a joke.

1 hour ago, stevieb said:

i thought our game play was realy poor, why the hell do we always take a tap instead of kicking to touch to get more meteridge, 3 times we had ample  chance to take 2pts to give us a 2 score deficit but diskin told them to run it, even in 1st half with only 2 minutes remaining, take the 2 get ball back, simple but not rocket science rugby, we could of easily thrown that game away.

Totally agree about the kicking.

Early in first half chose to run the ball twice instead of taking the easy two. They lost the ball 2nd/3rd tackle the first time and Morton had his interception try with the second. Instead of gaining 4 points they lost 4. Could have been vital in a tighter game. :angry:

As for not kicking for touch - I can only assume they were trying to wear out the opposition with the constant tackling.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

59 minutes ago, fredm said:

A fair assessment on both counts.

Winning helps a little, though.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Ref did fine let it be fevs turn to bemoan a game spoiler. The derbys of past with biff are no more. I did see Shane Williams prowling the ground, I mean wobbling around

1 minute ago, 9' oller said:

Ref did fine let it be fevs turn to bemoan a game spoiler. The derbys of past with biff are no more. I did see Shane Williams prowling the ground, I mean wobbling around

I think they could of done with him and Ned kelly in the side... they might of had half of chance to compete with our pack 

the kit choices reminded of a 90s clash shame Dewsbury didn’t play in their home shirt... 

I thought we were very poor yesterday evening, as were Dewsbury. We have a lack of class and pace in the backline which means we'll struggle to score points against any of the top four or five sides in this league. Brambani is a shadow of the player he was two years ago, and I have to question the wisdom of handing him a new contract for 2019. If we lose Pat Walker for any length of time, then I'll really fear for us. 

But we know "7s" are as rare as hens teeth and as dear as caviar.

2 hours ago, 9' oller said:

But we know "7s" are as rare as hens teeth and as dear as caviar.

But probably the difference between making the top 4, generating interest throughout the town/bringing in the extra cash or being down amongst the also rans.

Archived