Friday

Keep The Faith

Friday night was a victory but by no means a classic, we lacked the killer ball 

We had all pressure and couldn't finish , We don't have a problem in the forwards We just looked clueless when in Dewsburys 10 meter. So many sets ended with nothing 

When Dom plays well that's the key I'm sure he will come good but on Friday he was no where near the form we all know he possesses

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Poor game between 2 poor teams. Is that your strongest 17?

Agree, low quality! I think we would probably have Gledhill and Lillycrop in our first 17 as well as Ainscough! Plus, I am not convinced that Farrell or Manning (unsurprisingly in his case) are back up to full speed yet. Crookes is not a winger, despite him playing well against you lot.

Oh and Hemingway is not an adequate replacement for anyone at acting half back.

2 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Agree, low quality! I think we would probably have Gledhill and Lillycrop in our first 17 as well as Ainscough! Plus, I am not convinced that Farrell or Manning (unsurprisingly in his case) are back up to full speed yet. Crookes is not a winger, despite him playing well against you lot.

Oh and Hemingway is not an adequate replacement for anyone at acting half back.

Thanks dd. Btw it was good to meet you Friday night.

Best 17; if Cowling is one of our best 2 centre'  (I believe he is, superb tackler) who misses out? If Crookes isn't a winger, then neither is Ainy. (BTW watch the highlights and see how much ground he made on Morton up that hill...had the intercept been 5 yards further back he's have got him, surprised me!). If Gledhill and Lilly are our 2 starter props who makes way? Rowe has been back to his best, Ward has been no slouch, Holland had a smasher on Friday. Back 3 from Day, Manning, Farrell, Harrison and Walker should be back there...what's Tom done wrong on his outings....having to drop who? We're all the best coach on here, good job we Don't have to make the real decisions!

1 minute ago, phildog said:

Best 17; if Cowling is one of our best 2 centre'  (I believe he is, superb tackler) who misses out? If Crookes isn't a winger, then neither is Ainy. (BTW watch the highlights and see how much ground he made on Morton up that hill...had the intercept been 5 yards further back he's have got him, surprised me!). If Gledhill and Lilly are our 2 starter props who makes way? Rowe has been back to his best, Ward has been no slouch, Holland had a smasher on Friday. Back 3 from Day, Manning, Farrell, Harrison and Walker should be back there...what's Tom done wrong on his outings....having to drop who? We're all the best coach on here, good job we Don't have to make the real decisions!

It's all opinions, surely that's what a forum is about. I agree about Cowling, but not sure Diskin does. I think Galbraith is more effective attacking, but weaker defensively!

Hemingway (I presume that's the Tom of whom you speak) was slower and more hesitant at acting half back than both Leak and Davey. It slowed our movement forward and gave Dewsbury a longer time to stop our attacks.

Holland had a decent game on Friday, but at the moment I do not think he is dynamic enough to replace a fit and raring to go Lillycrop or Gledhill. 

Crookes does not have the positional sense yet for a winger, certainly not as good as Ainscough's.

Agree though that all these things are easy to state on a forum board but much more difficult to sort as a coach!

I've been hugely disappointed by Holland so far. He looks like a machine but has very little impact with ball in hand - similar to Chris Molyneux in many respects. Hopefully there's some improvement in him, but he's got a long way to go if he wants to be a player at this level. 

Archived