•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Bucksyed

Semper in excretia sumus, solim profundum variat.

Can't argue about discipline being a problem but the fault surely has something to do with how the game is being played. If the opposition are continuously lying on you do the same, if the opposition are continually off side again you do the same. You play to the referee. However,  the referee yesterday was so myopic it was farcical. There was no consistency, he was listening to the crowd, seemed to make it up as he went along etc etc etc. Equally, his linesmen seemed to have been infected by the same malady.

The try disallowed was the game changer and I feel if it had stood we would have, despite the officials, won.

They scored two from kicks, one when the game was lost and one of the best tries I have seen for a very long time.

I really did feel for the Yeds they didn't deserve to have been cheated and they certainly didn't get the rub of the green.

One final thing £5, to park your car, £20 to get in, £5 to transfer to the seats and £4.60 for a can of Guinness! Quite expensive for the First division.

27 minutes ago, jroyales said:

Can't argue about discipline being a problem but the fault surely has something to do with how the game is being played. If the opposition are continuously lying on you do the same, if the opposition are continually off side again you do the same. You play to the referee. However,  the referee yesterday was so myopic it was farcical. There was no consistency, he was listening to the crowd, seemed to make it up as he went along etc etc etc. Equally, his linesmen seemed to have been infected by the same malady.

The try disallowed was the game changer and I feel if it had stood we would have, despite the officials, won.

They scored two from kicks, one when the game was lost and one of the best tries I have seen for a very long time.

I really did feel for the Yeds they didn't deserve to have been cheated and they certainly didn't get the rub of the green.

One final thing £5, to park your car, £20 to get in, £5 to transfer to the seats and £4.60 for a can of Guinness! Quite expensive for the First division.

Could not agree more. The ref had a stinker and ruined what would’ve been an absolute nail biter 

keep going lads

Forgot to mention the two team warnings we got for persistent fouling. They were penalised, I think it was five times when we were attacking their line and the bloke in the middle did nothing. We then were penalised for something immediately afterwards and we got a team warning!!!!

As I said earlier consistency was not in evidence yesterday. Hopefully we won't have him again. The Bulls on the other hand have him again on Monday - must be a safe bet.

Left Odsal with mixed emotions last night. As always, the effort and commitment couldn't be faulted,but the first half display was disappointing. We struggled to complete our sets,and poor discipline made a difficult task almost impossible. In the first 20 minutes of the second half,there was only one team in it,and at 18-12 we looked as if another score would set up a grandstand finish. After the disallowed try,on the intervention of the touch judge, we looked a little deflated. Yet,it was only 20-12 (two tries each) with 9 minutes to go. The two late tries definitely gave the final scoreline a misleading look. Langers and Kyran were excellent throughout and all the forwards stood up in the second half.

The referee was abysmal.No consistency,easily influenced by the crowd and too many arbitrary decisions. The play the ball is a major area of concern these days,with too many penalties spoiling the flow of the game.The referee for the Fev-Wolfpack game was even worse - blowing up almost 30 times! Is it just me,or is the standard of refereeing as low as it's ever been?

Got to agree with JR about the cost of entry. £20 to stand on an uncovered terrace,under floodlights with two-thirds of the bulbs out is a disgrace.

Standing with some Bradford fans, we agreed the referee was abysmal full stop. It was probably the most bizarre ref display I have seen for a while, signalling for a guy to get up and play the ball while he was actually standing and held ?, confusing signals and generally just shocking. Our discipline wasn't great but what about the on report for the tackle on Crooky, the ref wasnt even aware of the incident and would have let it go had not the lino told him. 

The try to level should have stood, again even the Bradford fans acknowledged it as a try.

Couldn't fault the lads overall effort, score definitely did not reflect the game. 

Ridiculous prices for admission and bar ,not only that but the turnstiles were not open and you had to get in the ground through a open exit gate,buy a ticket and then give it a steward to get on the terracing. Farcical. 

Oh well on to next week now. Up the Yeds!

Unfortunately I couldn't attend but the performance sounded disjointed. I will say that after reading about the admission and prices in the ground I won't be going anytime soon.The words rip off spring to mind,they obviously still think they're in superleague.

17 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Standing with some Bradford fans, we agreed the referee was abysmal full stop. It was probably the most bizarre ref display I have seen for a while, signalling for a guy to get up and play the ball while he was actually standing and held ?, confusing signals and generally just shocking. Our discipline wasn't great but what about the on report for the tackle on Crooky, the ref wasnt even aware of the incident and would have let it go had not the lino told him. 

The try to level should have stood, again even the Bradford fans acknowledged it as a try.

Couldn't fault the lads overall effort, score definitely did not reflect the game. 

Ridiculous prices for admission and bar ,not only that but the turnstiles were not open and you had to get in the ground through a open exit gate,buy a ticket and then give it a steward to get on the terracing. Farcical. 

Oh well on to next week now. Up the Yeds!

The whole idea of queueing up to pay one person to queue up to give the ticket straight to another is the modern way of doing things unfortunately. Happens in most football grounds now. Admittedly that's due to having ticket scanners on the turnstiles but still seems stupid. If you're going to queue to give the guy your ticket he might as well just take the £20 off you and save the staffing.

stats

Johnson-2 tackles. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 12 carries=67m

Eccleston-12 tackles. one tackle bust. 10 carries=87m

Holmes-28 tackles. one miss. 5 carries=22m

Reid-21 tackles. one miss. 4 carries=28m

West-3 tackles.one tackle bust. 13 carries=98m

Crook-17 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. one try assist. 3 carries=12m

Hewitt-8 tackles. one miss. 2 carries=0m

Joy-33 tackles. one miss. 12 carries=83m

Hughes-32 tackles. 2 carries=21m

Neal-33 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 8 carries=45m

Bridge-29 tackles. one miss. 17 carries=114m

Langtree-42 tackles. 2 misses. 3 offloads.3 tackle busts. one clean break. one try assist. 12 carries=85m

Spencer-28 tackles. 2 misses. 2 offloads. 10 carries=74m

subs

Briscoe-16 tackles. one miss. one clean break. 9 carries=73m

Wilkinson-12 tackles. 5 carries=23m

Nelmes-9 tackles. one miss. 9 carries=52m

Bent-38 tackles.one tackle bust. 9 carries=56m

On 3/31/2018 at 4:28 PM, jroyales said:

Or related to one of them. Probably supports the hairnets.

Picking up Dave's comment, what is your opinion of the clowns who tried to officiate last night?

Now there's no need for that now is there?

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Archived