Toulouse Game

ojx

53 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

So you are pre-empting a whinge that will only materialise if the Wolfpack win?

No they will complain about the ref even if they win....thats the irony of it all.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Kayakman said:

No they will complain about the ref even if they win....thats the irony of it all.

And people say North Americans don’t understand the definition of irony. That’s ironic!.... erm, I think.

image.png.6187c763d4fe2745a3f33308cc8f90e9.png

Very impressive from Toulouse. London scored quickly at the beginning of both halves, but TO responded convincingly.

Makes the Easter Monday game even bigger. J-3!!!

DZjZHZcWAAEDDbv.jpg

They operate very smooth like a fine peanut butter....just got to 'jam' them up and down the hatch it all goes....right into the hungry belly of the wolf.

"Wolfie want a treat?....Wolfie want some peanut butter?"

"Hunt With The Pack"

We can and will beat them. Must say though really impressed with the way Toulouse are marketing the matchup..sorry to say puts a number of UK clubs to shame...York markets well, Fev did and so did Leigh..and correspondingly the fans need to get behind their clubs even if its on a small scale p/t volunteer level and sell, sell, sell what is, the greatest game in the world.

We have to start quick tomorrow, no O'Brien.   Need to smother tackle them right from the get go.....if they get in their offensive rhythm we got a big problem....best defence is a good offense...need to take it to them.   Needless to say, biggest  game of the year so far....using Fev as a tuner was a good idea though.

We will see our weaknesses exposed tomorrow , should be a dandy of a game.

6 hours ago, manu266 said:

FB_IMG_1522517799346.jpg

very good marketing indeed. And they are happy to be on TV too, not like you know who, with a French name...

I think that's the French way of saying to Toronto "On yer bike".

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

We have to start quick tomorrow, no O'Brien.   Need to smother tackle them right from the get go.....if they get in their offensive rhythm we got a big problem....best defence is a good offense...need to take it to them.   Needless to say, biggest  game of the year so far....using Fev as a tuner was a good idea though.

We will see our weaknesses exposed tomorrow , should be a dandy of a game.

You boys need to get a grip of Jonathan Ford - the bloke is class and had he not been injured playing for the Cook Islands TO would be in Super League now, he’s that good. However I do recognise a good win the pack had at Feath, so well done ? 

48 minutes ago, Reverend Ram said:

You boys need to get a grip of Jonathan Ford - the bloke is class and had he not been injured playing for the Cook Islands TO would be in Super League now, he’s that good. However I do recognise a good win the pack had at Feath, so well done ? 

Thanks for that , no doubt about it, we had better come out of the blocks firing on all cylinders to have a chance.

1 hour ago, fervent traditionalist said:

I think its a way of all of us saying on yer bike , if there is a strong ref he might just penalise you for what you say smother tackling or laying on and slowing the ptb down like you normally do.

We will use any and all tactics to win...we are Toronto and we will never stop going for that victory.!

1a1b9.jpg

I hope you all singing with the band here in Canada:

Here are the lyrics:

Tata Yoyo qu'est-ce qu'y a sous ton grand chapeau
Tata Yoyo, dans ma tête y a des tas d'oiseaux
Tata Yoyo, on m'a dit qu'y a même un grelot
Mais, moi j'aime ça quand ça fait ding ding di gue ding
Comme une samba

Qu´est-c´qu´on a fait des tuyaux? 
Des lances et d´la grande échelle 
Qu´est-c´qu´on a fait des tuyaux? 
Pas d´panique il nous les faut 

2 minutes ago, RobertAM said:

what a game!!! WP dominate first half, TO fight back and Liam saves the day!  both teams awesome,

Great game...breathless.

2 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

I see even the Froggies on the general forum are whinging that TWP had a try allowed that they claim was a knock on. I haven’t seen it yet but I hope it was more subtle than the patently obvious knock on not seen against Fev.

Listen DP there is one thing about Rugby League I don't like, all the complaining about the ref....it is what it is... of course refs are human and make the odd error...it always works itself out somewhat evenly by the end of the game.   People gotta just make an initial comment on the ref and just leave it at that....I would give the ref a b or b plus for his effort today. I thank him for his time and the touch judges also.

I've listened to the game more than watched it, but sounded like a perfect first half for the pack and then they finally managed to avoid silly penalties, total control at the end despite the Toulouse come back.

Rendez-vous à Newcastle pour la suite...

Half time scores elsewhere:

image.png.579ecae68439ef67e172bfcc987d95d2.png

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

Listen DP there is one thing about Rugby League I don't like, all the complaining about the ref....it is what it is... of course refs are human and make the odd error...it always works itself out somewhat evenly by the end of the game.   People gotta just make an initial comment on the ref and just leave it at that....I would give the ref a b or b plus for his effort today. I thank him for his time and the touch judges also.

I agree with the sentiment Kman and the rules of the game don’t help the man in the middle. Too many grey areas. However there are times when they make mistakes that just shouldn’t happen. The knock on by Hopkins was literally three yards away and directly in front of the ref. Stevie Wonder would have blown his whistle and not given the try. Having said that I wouldn’t do the job for all the maple syrup in Canada. I’m also not a fan of the VR system. It’s gone way beyond what it was initially implemented for and that’s to adjudicate on try or no try.

rldfsignature.jpg

2 minutes ago, manu266 said:

I've listened to the game more than watched it, but sounded like a perfect first half for the pack and then they finally managed to avoid silly penalties, total control at the end despite the Toulouse come back.

Rendez-vous à Newcastle pour la suite...

Half time scores elsewhere:

image.png.579ecae68439ef67e172bfcc987d95d2.png

The Wolfpack need to up their discipline. They gave away far too many silly penalties late in the tackle count against Fev. Kman’s favourite player is one of the worst offenders.

rldfsignature.jpg

1 minute ago, deluded pom? said:

I agree with the sentiment Kman and the rules of the game don’t help the man in the middle. Too many grey areas. However there are times when they make mistakes that just shouldn’t happen. The knock on by Hopkins was literally three yards away and directly in front of the ref. Stevie Wonder would have blown his whistle and not given the try. Having said that I wouldn’t do the job for all the maple syrup in Canada. I’m also not a fan of the VR system. It’s gone way beyond what it was initially implemented for and that’s to adjudicate on try or no try.

To sum it up; it happens because the refs are human, its part of the game.  It adds to the excitement....and is an indicator of maturity.

Archived