Haven reaction

westizbest

3 hours ago, Billy Bob said:

By the tone and content of a lot of the comments on here it is quite evident why a merger of both clubs to form a S/L franchise will not work, majority of both sets of fans hate each other with a vengance and would not travel to a S/L club if was in Town or vice versa Haven.

FORGET IT.

From a few tediously inevitable comments on what is a forum of a couple of dozen fans maybe you come up with a "Majority of both sets of fans" ? Ha! A few kids and a few psycho's more like, I doubt very much its any more than a tiny tiny minded minority who "hate". 

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

FWIW on here which probably isn't a lot,last season apart Town do seem to have signed some big money players on name rather than recent form over the last few years.

I remember after Fifita's signing was announced a brief Internet search showed he'd only played a handful of games the previous 2 seasons,Bailey's career has gone downhill since he lost his protector Peacock,Foster was a able winger who's goal kicking,rather than ability kept him in the team and Tansey has  unsuccessfully scratched around the championship for a couple of seasons looking for a contract 

Would this money have been better spent on 5 or 6 solid Championsjp level players aka Wilkes to get promotion and did Pryce maybe need some help identifying these players with his lack of experience at this level.

That's all well and good but they're being written off after one game when in fact Penky played well , Bailey did OK , Foster before yesterday had been centre to Forrester who's the leagues top try scorer and Tansey nearly won us the game . If we weren't signing quality players we'd be moaning and as I said before they haven't got training in Widnes or somewhere..these lads are travelling for up to 6 hours return journey for training. Leon's blamed the halfbacks and although JD tried hard he seemed off his game to me, he's a quality player and will be brilliant for us. 

2 hours ago, GeordieTownie said:

Well it’s all about opinions.

1300? At least they wouldn’t have to fiddle the gate this time. 

Itll keep them trading for another month if nowt else.

Do you ever post without referring to Haven? Do you have any evidence or is it like all the other digs just in your deluded head? 

14 minutes ago, dkw said:

You seriously think we maybe should be looking at getting rid of him after a few months?

I’m worried with the outlay on this team that so far we’ve yet to see an improvement or impact from either the experienced players (Wilkes apart) or the coach. It’s important to get out of this league because the RFL have zero respect for it. Hopefully we do see a rapid improvement and we can get out of it under Pryce. 

Honestly from what I’ve witnessed so far this season I wouldn’t be surprised if we beat Bradford at home and lose to a lesser team away the game after. 

Its time for the players with the experience to start using it and step up to the plate and for LP to try and convert his years of playing at the highest level into coaching and motivating the squad.

1 hour ago, homeandawayer said:

That's all well and good but they're being written off after one game when in fact Penky played well , Bailey did OK , Foster before yesterday had been centre to Forrester who's the leagues top try scorer and Tansey nearly won us the game . If we weren't signing quality players we'd be moaning and as I said before they haven't got training in Widnes or somewhere..these lads are travelling for up to 6 hours return journey for training. Leon's blamed the halfbacks and although JD tried hard he seemed off his game to me, he's a quality player and will be brilliant for us. 

Didn't mention Penky,id put him in the Wilkes category,the other 3 well there are better,younger,less heralded players out there who would do a better job for the money they will be on.

11 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Didn't mention Penky,id put him in the Wilkes category,the other 3 well there are better,younger,less heralded players out there who would do a better job for the money they will be on.

Yeah but Leon said he wanted old heads cos "kids only get you so far" . Thats his words not mine and I think he knows considerably more about RL than I do.

5 minutes ago, homeandawayer said:

Yeah but Leon said he wanted old heads cos "kids only get you so far" . Thats his words not mine and I think he knows considerably more about RL than I do.

Mate where did I mention kids,my point is there are good championship players that would have come for less money and improved your team more than faded ex Superleague players.

OK you said younger. That's your opinion on our team. I'm not saying it's right or its wrong and I'm not after a debate..he thinks that's the way to go and when we click we're good but we're too inconsistent away from home at the minute. To my eyes they dont have to be the stars of the team as long as they combine with the good players we've got to improve the team..time will tell .

2 minutes ago, Onreport said:

But Sam isnt playing fulback is he

But sam is a class fullback and if he played today on tv for either side at fullback ,everybody would be saying sign sam forrester ..which everybody did 3 year ago ..he is a brilliant fullback

25 minutes ago, Onreport said:

I am sure he is, but playing out on wing at the minute for some reason

Sam is playing out of his best position in order to accommodate Jordan Tansey. That is Leon's decision and we have to live with it. Despite all the flack I still think that Jordan will come good when he regains full fitness and then he could take on a different role leaving Sam to move to fullback. Suddenly the Bulls game is taking on major significance for more than one reason. I will reserve judgement until we regroup and face what could be a watershed match. In the meantime we need to address our age old problem--- how to close out a game that we have snatched from the jaws of defeat without shooting ourselves in both feet at the death. 

Jesus there's some over the top garbage being written after this defeat,  a very short while after people were praising the same players after the Broncos game.  It was a terrible display,  work needs to be done but get a bloody grip. Tansey was excellent against the broncos for example, and has been in the other games he's played for us.  

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Jesus there's some over the top garbage being written after this defeat,  a very short while after people were praising the same players after the Broncos game.  It was a terrible display,  work needs to be done but get a bloody grip. Tansey was excellent against the broncos for example, and has been in the other games he's played for us.  

Was he ? How comes he’s lost his pace in a week then ???

clearly the praising was over the top after yesterday 

Personally i think after  a  very good off season with appointmemts and signings and club promotion etc we then got off to a good start in the league and gave the championship pace setters a good game in the cup, then  On the back of that possibly the expectation has gone up a bit too much. Leon pryce is finding his feet as a coach  and i am certain he will want to get it right and wont carry passengers. One or two or more players need to step up but leon will have forgotten more about RL than some of us know and he will address it i am sure of that. Yesterday was bad  but its like a mistake it only stays bad if you dont learn from it. 

3 minutes ago, town4me said:

Personally i think after  a  very good off season with appointmemts and signings and club promotion etc we then got off to a good start in the league and gave the championship pace setters a good game in the cup, then  On the back of that possibly the expectation has gone up a bit too much. Leon pryce is finding his feet as a coach  and i am certain he will want to get it right and wont carry passengers. One or two or more players need to step up but leon will have forgotten more about RL than some of us know and he will address it i am sure of that. Yesterday was bad  but its like a mistake it only stays bad if you dont learn from it. 

We didn’t learn from the ike game though..

some impressive players for wath brow today 

7 minutes ago, westizbest said:

We didn’t learn from the ike game though..

some impressive players for wath brow today 

What was the margin of defeat yeaterday compared to the ike game. How many reds and yellows did we get yesterday compared to the ike game. Lots of things to work on and a reality check needed.

4 minutes ago, town4me said:

Yesterday was only bad because we bottled it in the last 90 seconds. If we had been professional enough to manage the last set instead of coughing up the possession that allowed them to exploit our left edge vulnerability we would be celebrating the knife edge victory and Tansey would be lauded for the moment of inspiration that got the score that should have meant checkmate. Jordan's game has never been based on raw pace - he is a subtle and gifted operator with great hands, an ability to read the play and the nous to chime into the line when it has most effect. I just hope he hangs around long enough to prove the doubters wrong. 

11 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Yesterday was only bad because we bottled it in the last 90 seconds. If we had been professional enough to manage the last set instead of coughing up the possession that allowed them to exploit our left edge vulnerability we would be celebrating the knife edge victory and Tansey would be lauded for the moment of inspiration that got the score that should have meant checkmate. Jordan's game has never been based on raw pace - he is a subtle and gifted operator with great hands, an ability to read the play and the nous to chime into the line when it has most effect. I just hope he hangs around long enough to prove the doubters wrong. 

I see what you are saying but  The game should have been wrapped up well before the last 90 seconds I.M.O.  we bottled it throughout the whole 80 minutes. Pryce has to watch the DVD  and address it and i am sure he will and lets hope buffer is back next week! 

Archived