No Cash Turnstile

deluded pom?

Does the club think the no cash turnstile option worked yesterday? It’s been mentioned on the York forum that a queue had formed at the ticket office. This might be OK in good weather and people are more patient but they’ll soon become impatient if the have to wait in rain. Others complained that even though they had bought tickets online they still had to join the queue at the ticket office. If the idea is to monitor away support numbers and very few home supporters pay cash then why not simply use a cash turnstile and collate the information from there? The easier things are the more likely people will come to the game. Is it not possible in this day and age to have an option to print tickets at home? Just a few thoughts.

rldfsignature.jpg

The issue for Doncaster (and in fact all rugby league clubs) is attracting those who have a small interest in the game and are 50/50 on match days whether they go or not. The die hards will go regardless and will queue even if it's raining because they want to be there but you have to make it as easy as possible to get the stayaways in and remove any possible excuses and barriers. Maybe even just a single cash turnstile, and get someone to stand with a clipboard and ask each person if they are a home and away fan. In return give the clipboard person free entry for that match. 

I help out on the ticket side on a matchday at York City Knights, we had a few promotions on last week so there were lots of tickets to be collected (and I'd hope with the new stadium they could be printed out directly by the supporter or issued via app) but I don't think anyone had to queue more than 5mins as there were 4 of us handling ticket collection - one ticking the name off, one handling money, one issuing the ticket, and a fourth lending any extra support/directing the queue. 

On a related note I notice on the Club Doncaster website they are looking for someone to work full time in the ticket office, I wish York was closer to Doncaster as it would be my kind of job, my own job ends in early 2020.

Best of luck for the rest of the season anyway, it's a nice setup at the Keepmoat. 

Archived