Rugby League U19 European Championship Website

14 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

I wouldn't think there will be many, if any, from the forum in attendance.

No harm in asking ! Thought maybe a few UK based Internationalists may have popped over for a visit. Have made contact with the Irish RL management and hopeful of meeting up with them and the players at some stage. 

The Rugby League Fan's Mantra for helping the game grow internationally is ten two-letter words - IF IT IS TO BE, IT IS UP TO ME.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, The Partisan said:

No harm in asking ! Thought maybe a few UK based Internationalists may have popped over for a visit. Have made contact with the Irish RL management and hopeful of meeting up with them and the players at some stage. 

Most posters on here can’t find the International section of the forum so Belgrade would really stump them.

rldfsignature.jpg

SERBIA U19 SQUAD

Jai Smith (Brothers, Queensland), Matija Mihajlovic, Marko Simovic (Dorcol, Belgrade), Matthew Dragisic (Canberra Raiders), Daniel Marjanovic (Kawana Dolphins, Queensland), Stevan Ivankovic, Stefan Milinkovic, Vladimir Milutinovic, Mihajlo Stojiljkovic (Partisan, Belgrade), Zane Bijorac, Zane Marolt (Queanbeyan Blues, Canberra), Ivan Andric, Marko Jakovljevic, Mihailo Tomic, Vuk Tomic (Radnicki, Belgrade), Dorotej-Dado Arnold, Uros Golubovic, Marko Jankovic, Ilija Krstic, Luka Raskovic, Marko Satev, Aleksandar Stefulj (Red Star, Belgrade), Veljko Stankovic (Tzar Dusan, Paracin)

Matthew Dragisic from the Canberra Raiders was named in the Australian Schoolboys squad following the Aus schoolboys national championships last week, a handy inclusion amongst the mostly domestic squad.

ENGLAND U19 SQUAD
Liam Kenyon (Blackbrook), George Senior (Dewsbury Celtic), Jake Bradley (Hensingham), Bradley Holroyd (Leigh East), Louis Brogan, Calum Coleman, Robert Crompton, Joe Digby (Leigh Miners), Benjamin Bradshaw (Myton), Callum Wood (Orrell St James), Brandon Wood (Rochdale Mayfield), Elias Harrison, Curtis Williamson (Skirlaugh), Benjamin Selby (Stanningley), Sam Favell (Thatto Heath), Cameron Hetherington (Walney Central), Curtis Teare (Wath Brow), James Goulsbra-Miller (West Hull), Leon Harber, Gary McMahon (Wigan St Judes), Ben Holmes (Wigan St Patricks)

rldfsignature.jpg

On 7/25/2018 at 2:50 AM, The Partisan said:

Out of curiosity, any forumers actually attending the tournament ?

I'll be there as part of a larger  holiday from Oz.

Be nice to meet up with like minded Internationalists if in town.

I was hoping to pop along for a day as I'll be in Bulgaria during the tournament, but flight times and prices rule it out unfortunately

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

ITALY U19 SQUAD

Joseph Fella (Castleford Tigers), Mattia Cantoni, Stefano Cenci, Andrea Piccoli, Mattia Saoncella, Simone Snidar (Comitato Nord Est), Werther Bartolini, Stefano Dalmasso, Nicholas Ferrero, Simone Leotta, Fabio Morosi, Leonardo Raveggi, Davide Signorelli, Paolo Viani (Comitato Nord Ovest), Citarra Antony Virzì, Leonardo Artale, Antonio Cacopardo, Mario Di Sano, Alfio Laudani, Salvatore Lipera, Francesco Mendosa, Gianluca Privitera, Giovanni Rizzo, Giovanni Auriel Sciacca (Comitato Sud), Nico Rizzelli (Halifax)

FRANCE U19 SQUAD

Miki Bauer, Mathias Leveille (AS Carcassonne), Timothe Bertrand, François Dorce-Hantz, Lucas Emblard, Corentin Rey (SO Avignon), Sebastien Bled, Robin Brochon, Louis Carre, David De Macedo, Guillaume Gorka, Thomas Lacans, Matthieu Laguerre, Corentin Le Cam, Arthur Mourgue, Barthelemy Rouge, Hugo Salabio, Florian Vailhen (St Esteve XIII Catalan), Pierre Fourquet, Mathieu Jussaume, Pierre Jean Lima (Toulouse Olympique), Jason Goffin (Villeneuve)

France U19 head coach Jean-François Albert admitted he was spoiled for choice.

“For a trainer it is always difficult to leave people out,” he said, “but after final trials at the port of Barcarès, we now have our 21 players.”

Three possible choices lose out: Jason Goffin (Villeneuve), Alexandre Gay (St Toulon) and Clement Tailhades (Albi Rugby League XIII), with 12 selected from St Esteve XIII Catalan, who are linked to Super League side Catalans Dragons.

“The 21 lucky ones have their eyes riveted on the tough games ahead in Serbia,” Albert added. “We are determined to lift the trophy.”

58 minutes ago, MatthewWoody said:

Well that is a great great news. 
I hope it's not geoblocked, of coruse. 
Trying to get some info about it. 

Games from Serbia have been streamed by the same company to the UK without any problems. Not sure what it would be like in Italy though. 

rldfsignature.jpg

11 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Games from Serbia have been streamed by the same company to the UK without any problems. Not sure what it would be like in Italy though. 

If so, I think they will be ok here, too. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

http://www.totalrl.com/wales-resolve-to-retain-european-title/

Holders Wales will open the third European Rugby League Youth Championships this Sunday when they take on Ukraine at the Makis stadium in Belgrade, Serbia, writes Ian Golden.

The tournament is an eight-team straight knock-out, but every side will have three matches as there will be consolation play-offs and ranking matches in addition to the semi-finals and final.

All games will be at the same stadium as quadruple headers with further rounds on Wednesday 8 and Saturday 11 August.

New Welsh U19s head coach Anthony Walker, who has had his squad together for a month in preparation, acknowledged that it was a step into the unknown. “We are travelling to Serbia with a squad that we feel can be competitive and in contention for winning the competition,” he noted. “We have a range of players, from regulars in League 1, some from Super League academies and into the community game and nobody is guaranteed a shirt yet.

“We don’t know what to expect from Ukraine but we can guarantee they will be a big physical side. We want to concentrate on our own performance and to lay a foundation with tough, aggressive defence that teams will find hard to break down.”

WRL would like to thank RAF St Athans for all their help in the lead up to this tournament. They recently had a weekend training camp there (picture enclosed below with Wing Commander Steve Rowley) and Sergeant Rob Simon from the Physical Education Section believes that Wales could go all the way to the Final.

He said: “I thought last week went very well, with the boys getting together and you could feel the excitement building to that first game on Sunday.  I really think you have a great opportunity to go out and win it. Pob lwc”

The inaugural European Youth Championships were staged in France in 2006 with Wales finishing fourth and the hosts winning the final in Barcares near Perpignan, sweeping aside England with a side that contained current Catalans Dragons stars, Mickael Simon and Vincent Duport.

Two years later, in Prague, and with the age level at U18, Wales were triumphant, defeating France 38-24 in the final with future Super League players and full Wales internationals Dalton Grant, Joe Burke, Rhys Williams and Gil Dudson in their victorious line up.

Wales U19s was formed in 2002 and played for five seasons before restructuring as U18s, at which age level they won the previous European Championship, in Prague in 2008. Since the turn of the century, nearly 30 players have graduated through the junior WRL ranks and gone on to win full caps, including UK Super League players: Ben Evans, Ben Flower, Elliot Kear, Lee Williams, Lloyd White, Michael Channing, Regan Grace, Rhodri Lloyd and Rhys Evans in addition to Grant, Burke, Williams and Dudson.

Tournament Director, Jovan Vujosevic said: “This is an historic moment for the development of the rugby league in Europe. I was involved in both the previous youth tournaments and Tournament Director for the U16 European Championships in 2007 and 2009, and have seen the sport grow at youth level.

“It is a significant moment to see this level return and I anticipate it will be the start of new chapter in European rugby league history and that more nations will join in future. A greater number of youngsters than ever before are playing the sport across Europe and national governing bodies have recognised the need for this level of competition domestically, because these young players are the future.”

All matches are being streamed live on Serbian TV at http://www.sportuzivo.tv/v2/. Please go to https://rugbyleagueu19euro.com/fixtures/ for kick-off time updates.

On 8/2/2018 at 11:43 AM, deluded pom? said:

If so, I think they will be ok here, too. 

+

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

This article includes the link for live streaming, BTW.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

England, France, Wales and Scotland are trough, with Scotland v Ireland being the only close game. 

In the Scottish game, a very good first halp by the young Bravehearts, but the Irish fought their way back in the 2nd half and came close to winning. 

Archived