Batley Game

Batley Bob

6 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

If you are coming over here for the Toronto game and try these pathetic stunts you will be arrested and jailed....we do not tolerate such juvenile behaviour in this great country.

And rightly so - I've already said previously that if the reports are true, then these people have brought shame on our club.  It's disgraceful behaviour and should be suitably punished, and I'm sure it will be once the full facts are known.

But don't you dare tar all my townspeople with the same brush.  99.9% of the Batley fans there yesterday did not and would not behave in such a manner and to imply differently is both insulting and disrespectful.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, John WP Fan said:

From what I have heard, including from some WP supporters at the game, the vast majority of the crowd at Batley were friendly and welcoming, and the bad behaviour was limited to a few idiots who were not representative of the crowd as a whole. And it appears that a few WP supporters in the crowd may also have been less than wonderful. There is no need to smear all of Batley, and certainly no reason to treat visitors to our stadium poorly. We are impressed when folks come all the way here from the UK, and we will welcome all who do so, and make sure they enjoy themselves!

Let's remember we're all here because we love rugby league.

I normally would agree with you but there is a problem...a pattern is developing.  Last year Rowley and his assistant were taunted,  assaulted and demonized on Fathers Day at Workington Town (in front of his own son nonetheless)....last week at Fev Wolfpack fans were assaulted and our flag defiled....this week at Batley our fans accosted and our coach and his assistant, once again, assaulted....its thuggery plain and simple and must be addressed before someone gets hurt.

These thugs are a blight on Rugby league and must be removed for the game to move forward.

1 minute ago, BatleyBird said:

And rightly so - I've already said previously that if the reports are true, then these people have brought shame on our club.  It's disgraceful behaviour and should be suitably punished, and I'm sure it will be once the full facts are known.

But don't you dare tar all my townspeople with the same brush.  99.9% of the Batley fans there yesterday did not and would not behave in such a manner and to imply differently is both insulting and disrespectful.

The 99% have an obligation to step forward!....stand!

Its lead or follow....stand or kneel...properly address the Thugs and Hooligans in the crowd...have the stewards kick them out and don't put up with it for one second.....STAND AND BE COUNTED!

Be brave.

4 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Its lead or follow....stand or kneel...properly address the Thugs and Hooligans in the crowd...have the stewards kick them out and don't put up with it for one second.....STAND AND BE COUNTED!

Be brave.

Again, I agree.  I didn't see either incident, they were in a different part of the ground to where I was but I would hope that those responsible were suitably admonished, we aren't backwards in coming forwards in these parts.  But please, please stop calling us drunken thugs, it simply isn't true. 

36 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I already told you, I am not a psycho analyst...I don't want to hear about your problems.   if you English fans come over for the games in Toronto you will be warmly welcomed but if you try any of your pathetic Hooligan stunts you will be arrested and jailed....we have no tolerance for such behaviour in the greatest country in the world.

I bet your fun at parties, the kid who wins at pass the parcel and rubs it in everyone's face. Then when the other kids say mean things, you get all stroppy and go tell tales about how nastly everyone one is...

When you grow up and realise that your not all that great, you will realise there is always two sides to every story, even if it's not always as "pretty" as the side you would like to tell. 

Unless you was actually there to witness with your own two eyes what actually happened, then what good are you doing posting about it? You would be very foolish to believe everything you hear as believe it or not people tell fibs... I know right, unbelievable isn't it?

Finally when you do win that very important game of pass the parcel, I reckon if you try and act abit more your own age, then the other girls and boys might play abit more nice in future.

39 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

.this week at Batley our fans accosted and our coach and his assistant, once again, assaulted....its thuggery plain and simple and must be addressed before someone gets hurt.

These thugs are a blight on Rugby league and must be removed for the game to move forward.

Were your fans accosted? When did this happen?

29 minutes ago, Notaek Rega said:

I bet your fun at parties, the kid who wins at pass the parcel and rubs it in everyone's face. Then when the other kids say mean things, you get all stroppy and go tell tales about how nastly everyone one is...

When you grow up and realise that your not all that great, you will realise there is always two sides to every story, even if it's not always as "pretty" as the side you would like to tell. 

Unless you was actually there to witness with your own two eyes what actually happened, then what good are you doing posting about it? You would be very foolish to believe everything you hear as believe it or not people tell fibs... I know right, unbelievable isn't it?

Finally when you do win that very important game of pass the parcel, I reckon if you try and act abit more your own age, then the other girls and boys might play abit more nice in future.

Tell it to the therapist....you are delusional.

18 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Were your fans accosted? When did this happen?

Read the posts from your own fans on facebook etc.  Get your act together over there.   Kick out any drunken louts, it doesn't matter to me if they are, Batley or Fev or Workingtontown fans....just don't put up with it! Clean it up for Gods sake....do it for your clubs.

Why can't I find any other references to this "trouble" on either the general forum or the dedicated match thread on the Batley forum? I can't recall seeing anything in LE. Nothing in the local newspaper's match report either. Is it all a figment of these fools' minds or did it really happen?

https://www.batleynews.co.uk/sport/rugby/bulldogs-push-leaders-toronto-close-with-terrific-display-1-9104593

rldfsignature.jpg

13 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Read the posts from your own fans on facebook etc.  Get your act together over there.   Kick out any drunken louts, it doesn't matter to me if they are, Batley or Fev or Workingtontown fans....just don't put up with it! Clean it up for Gods sake....do it for your clubs.

No, you quoted that your fans were accosted! I was stood near them throughout the match and didn't see or hear this! So as you quoted it on a public forum, can you tell me when this happened?

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

Be brave.

Those days are long gone in the UK Kman. Try to stand up to the idiots and you'll probably get beaten up or even arrested for provocation. This country is all for the criminals and not the victims. People will rarely get involved in something that doesn't directly affect them because the repercussions aren't worth the hassle. No longer are we the Good Samaritans we are the ones who walk past and ignore the trouble. Successive governments have made it thus.

rldfsignature.jpg

3 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Listen to yourself; what a sore loser!

to be honest i felt a winner driving home, i dident think we would get a great deal out the game but i did,felt real proud of what the lads did so no sore loser,just get fed up with all the bullfodder as thou you have some right to go right to top a game without even been hindered at all. crack on.:tease:

3 hours ago, John WP Fan said:

Kman is definitely unique among Toronto fans. I'm sure he is just trying to have some fun and promote some rivalry between teams, but some are taking him more seriously, and I can see how it might get a little annoying at times if one is not reading him the way he intends his messages.  Most of us here are pretty nice, respectful of the history of rugby league that we are  learning about, and just excited to get a chance to watch this sport and have a team that is doing pretty well. UK fans who have come over for a game in Toronto have been welcomed and treated very well.

Our team is undisciplined at times, and I know Rowley brings a rough reputation with him. I also think some other teams deliberately provoke us to try to get a few of our hotheads reacting. I agree we're not quite ready to compete at the Super League level yet, and I expect more additions as time goes on to keep improving the squad. I also expect the WP to play better as the season continues, with players returning from injuries and the new players settling in more. I am really enjoying the tougher competition at this level compared to the mostly easy games we had last year. Batley played a great game yesterday and I was very impressed with their effort.

Some of the attitude you may be hearing from us is frustration that has grown over the past year or more, at being dismissed by some in the UK who are not open to the idea of expansion, and who are sometimes misinformed, thinking we are taking money away from existing teams and that we have been given many advantages. I see many posts suggesting we are spending beyond the salary cap, that the RFL has taken money from the heartlands and given it to us, and that we are a fake team because we have no Canadian-born players and bring few away fans. I think some UK fans are angry or frustrated about their team's vulnerability (which may have nothing at all to do with the Wolfpack's arrival) and are blaming TWP for everything they think is wrong with the RFL. I don't see any reason why our success has to hurt any other team; I would be in favour of growing the size of SL as we earn our way in, so our entry is not at the expense of any established team that would otherwise deserve to be there. Note that I still think we must earn our way in and not be handed a spot. I also think there are some established teams that do not appear to be sustainable on their own merits, and that has nothing to do with the Wolfpack.

We think we are paying more than our fair share and bringing good crowds wherever we play, even if few of us travel from Toronto to each game. The sports culture is very different in Toronto; we are used to teams representing us with few or no Canadians (especially in sports without deep roots here), and going to an away game is a rare treat that we plan a vacation around every few years. (You can read more about what I have learned about the differences in how sport is seen at my blog: http://mrjohngross.blogspot.ca/2017/10/rugby-league-in-canada-clash-of-cultures.html)

I would like to hear actual facts about what happened at the Batley game. From some I hear that Rowley was jumped after the game in the tunnel after some words were exchanged. From others I hear that he squared off with an elderly gentleman, and that some WP fans were poorly behaved. More specific descriptions of actual behaviour, without blanket characterizations attached, would be helpful. I expect most of the UK fans are friendly, but now two weeks in a row I have heard that a few have been very hostile and perhaps violent to those cheering for the Wolfpack.

I'll be coming over to attend Magic Weekend and Summer Bash. I'll be all dressed in WP attire and Canadian flags and will be cheering loudly, but I'll be friendly and otherwise very well-behaved.  I hope my girlfriend and I don't need to be looking over our shoulder for those who hate the Wolfpack and want to punish us for what they think is ruining their game.

Very well said John.

Again, I was not aware of anyone being aggressive or violent towards TW supporters. As I previously stated, I was stood near the small group of ten or so, that included a couple wearing Leeds shirts, and neither saw nor heard any animosity towards them.

As for Rowley, I have heard as much as everyone, with the odd name bandied about. If it is proven correct, then I have faith in my club to deal with the issue suitably.

As for 'Kman', none of us like to be characterised as drunken louts, especially by someone who does not know our sport or individual clubs very well, or who wasn't there. Batley are renowned for their hospitality and openess as a club, and would welcome the visitors to the ground regardless of who, if any, they follow!

Personally am looking forward to coming over to Toronto in the summer, and am expecting a friendly welcome!

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

Again, I was not aware of anyone being aggressive or violent towards TW supporters. As I previously stated, I was stood near the small group of ten or so, that included a couple wearing Leeds shirts, and neither saw nor heard any animosity towards them.

As for Rowley, I have heard as much as everyone, with the odd name bandied about. If it is proven correct, then I have faith in my club to deal with the issue suitably.

As for 'Kman', none of us like to be characterised as drunken louts, especially by someone who does not know our sport or individual clubs very well, or who wasn't there. Batley are renowned for their hospitality and openess as a club, and would welcome the visitors to the ground regardless of who, if any, they follow!

Personally am looking forward to coming over to Toronto in the summer, and am expecting a friendly welcome!

I’m very surprised to hear of any trouble at Batley. As you have stated they have a reputation for being a friendly and welcoming club. Fev on the other hand can be a bit hostile at times.

rldfsignature.jpg

2 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Those days are long gone in the UK Kman. Try to stand up to the idiots and you'll probably get beaten up or even arrested for provocation. This country is all for the criminals and not the victims. People will rarely get involved in something that doesn't directly affect them because the repercussions aren't worth the hassle. No longer are we the Good Samaritans we are the ones who walk past and ignore the trouble. Successive governments have made it thus.

If this is true then it is time to take back your country...do it for your children and grandchildren.  Stand and be counted!

1 hour ago, silverback said:

to be honest i felt a winner driving home, i dident think we would get a great deal out the game but i did,felt real proud of what the lads did so no sore loser,just get fed up with all the bullfodder as thou you have some right to go right to top a game without even been hindered at all. crack on.:tease:

Your guys played well and went down hard...you have a good team and there is no reason you can't make the top 4.

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

You will be treated like royalty when you come...all the best to you!  

P.S.  I know our sport of Rugby league well, more than you would ever surmise, your 'renowned hospilitality' was certainly on display:.  is it true that someone threw a quart of urine at the ref?

47 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

You will be treated like royalty when you come...all the best to you!  

P.S.  I know our sport of Rugby league well, more than you would ever surmise, your 'renowned hospilitality' was certainly on display:.  is it true that someone threw a quart of urine at the ref?

Not heard about the urine, a quart is a decent amount, so must have been saving it up! When was this alleged incident supposed to have happened? 

2 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Not heard about the urine, a quart is a decent amount, so must have been saving it up! When was this alleged incident supposed to have happened? 

I'm letting this one go now distant dog...it was on some facebook posts...time to move on to next week and hopefully something like this doesn't happen again...

15 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

I'm letting this one go now distant dog...it was on some facebook posts...time to move on to next week and hopefully something like this doesn't happen again...

If it did l agree. Oh and the very best of luck next week. I genuinely hope you win by 50.

1 minute ago, distantdog said:

If it did l agree. Oh and the very best of luck next week. I genuinely hope you win by 50.

We are expecting a tough contest from the Rams...could be close but we will do our best.  We have learned never to take a Yorkshire side lightly!

Best of luck next week to you and you guys should certainly be in the top four; you could beat us on any given day.  That try you scored at the end buzzer says alot about the character and 'never say die' attitude of the bulldog in ya!

Good effort there.  Good luck to you and your club.

Archived