Watersplash Final documentary?

It was mentioned* in passing on the Super League Show that the BBC are making a documentary about the Watersplash Final. No other information was divulged, but I assume we will hear more in the near future.

*after the highlights of the Cas/Warrington match, naturally.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Futtocks said:

It was mentioned* in passing on the Super League Show that the BBC are making a documentary about the Watersplash Final. No other information was divulged, but I assume we will hear more in the near future.

*after the highlights of the Cas/Warrington match, naturally.

there was quite a lengthy feature on that inside out with keely Donovan a while ago, alan smith interview neil fox etc, maybe that was a taster

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2018 at 10:02 PM, clwydianrange said:

I went to that with my mate, we were fourteen at the time. The train fare from Pontefract to Kings Cross and Wembley return was 29 shillings with four shillings to get in.

Fantastic memories I'm sure.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 03/04/2018 at 10:02 PM, clwydianrange said:

I went to that with my mate, we were fourteen at the time. The train fare from Pontefract to Kings Cross and Wembley return was 29 shillings with four shillings to get in.

First ever final I went to. Went down on one of the numerous Wembley special trains that used to run from Hull regardless of who was in the final. I can still remember how excited I was on the journey down.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

On now.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

23 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Bev Risman’s a bit creepy. 

He’s old and deaf.   Give him a bit of slack ?

“There is perhaps no better a demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world.”   Carl Sagan

22 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Bev Risman’s a bit creepy. 

Why?

Great programme ,Eddie Waring wasn't a comedy turn then. He was a good commentator with great knowledge of the game.

That was never a penalty try.

Trinity really missed Neil Fox.

Excellent work from Dave Woods and the BBC.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well done BBC. Very good documentary, very well produced.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Still a bit creepy. Sorry!

You've not told us why you think he's creepy in your opinion.

The programme will be replayed in full at 5pm on the red button, if you missed it.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Creepy. Cold. Emotionless. No doubt because he is very old.

Didnt really get that at all....there's a lack of expression but a few of the old boys were a bit like that, prob just old age

Red Button following today's game @ 5:00pm

The 1968 legendary Watersplash Final

Following today's sixth round match, watch full coverage of the the 1968 Challenge Cup final between Leeds and Wakefield Trinity, which witnessed one of the most dramatic moments ever seen at a major sporting event.

With what looked like the easiest of kicks to win the Wembley showpiece, Don Fox of Wakefield stepped up but somehow missed. Leeds won 11-10, and so began one of the most talked about and replayed scenes of all time in British sport.

Take a look back at that amazing match - which was played in horrific and wet conditions - hence becoming known as the Watersplash Final.

image.gif

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived