Westerman leaving TWP

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Missing his nights in the boozer with Wattsy already?

Did TWP keep the receipt?

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

That is shocking news, if true. He is a great player. He didn't feature against Toulouse or Fev. I thought it was because of injury, or has anything else been happening?  He will be a big loss, especially in the 8s.

Homesick, that can't be right?  Maybe the reality of being away for a couple of months was just hitting him (& family).

58 minutes ago, ojx said:

That is shocking news, if true. He is a great player. He didn't feature against Toulouse or Fev. I thought it was because of injury, or has anything else been happening?  He will be a big loss, especially in the 8s.

Homesick, that can't be right?  Maybe the reality of being away for a couple of months was just hitting him (& family).

I think for all the talk of toronto having an advantage with the fixture schedule, spending months away from families for some of the players could pose more of a problem than playing the away games. 

1 hour ago, LeytherRob said:

spending months away from families for some of the players could pose more of a problem than playing the away games. 

That will definitely be the case for many, I bet some others probably can't wait to get away from their families.

Some RL players are some right namby pamby's for big blokes. Soccer players move all over the world in totally alien cultures and languages. Normal folks move half way around the world for a minumum wage job .Yet a RL player can't go from one Anglo country to another for 8 months a year to play a game and train a few times a week. You don't go a season without hearing about a homesick RL player. I have never heard it from any other type of sportsman.

7 hours ago, Davc1h said:

Told a few of his mates round Cas he is hoping to go back to Hull.

:blink:

I rather hope he meant Hull as in a geographical area.

When he arrives in West Hull he can just keep on driving over to the other sard.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

4 hours ago, Mattrhino said:

Some RL players are some right namby pamby's for big blokes. Soccer players move all over the world in totally alien cultures and languages. Normal folks move half way around the world for a minumum wage job .Yet a RL player can't go from one Anglo country to another for 8 months a year to play a game and train a few times a week. You don't go a season without hearing about a homesick RL player. I have never heard it from any other type of sportsman.

I agree that it is very weird how reluctant rugby players are to go elsewhere. I disagree about Engliah soccer players, who very rarely travel outside the UK to improve their game.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Coming from the home town of quite a few players and administrators of the TWP one gets more privvy to hear inside information than those who just speculate - see all above - I was first made aware of JW's impending departure a short while ago, lets just say a clash of personallities is the reason, end off.

24 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Coming from the home town of quite a few players and administrators of the TWP one gets more privvy to hear inside information than those who just speculate - see all above - I was first made aware of JW's impending departure a short while ago, lets just say a clash of personallities is the reason, end off.

Is he leaving on  a mutual agreement? Or is somebody picking the bill up.

5 hours ago, Mattrhino said:

Seems the easiest loophole to get out of a contract - 'If you don't release me out of my contract because I'm homesick then I won't be happy, which is affecting my mental health'. 

3 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Seems the easiest loophole to get out of a contract - 'If you don't release me out of my contract because I'm homesick then I won't be happy, which is affecting my mental health'. 

It's a bit different when there is a large transfer fee involved.

Just now, Spidey said:

Wigan still had to pay NZ Warriors

I don't think I or anyone else has tried to suggest that won't be the case with JW by the club he joins from TWP - or some kind of compensation? I'm just saying that from the player/agent perspective saying you're 'homesick' get's the ball rolling for a transfer regardless of contract length or fee paid and there's little the club can do to stop it. 

11 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Surprised Wakefield would want him , sometimes thought he was a bit inconsistent and overhyped 

Amazingly he must be one of the most expensive players in the SL era. He has managed to command 3x £100k+ transfer fees? How is that possible for a slightly better than average player in this era?

Archived