Westerman leaving TWP

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tom Armstrong leaves as well. Who's decision was this? Forced out by injury, 'homesickness', freeing up cap space, a better offer, just not good enough or some other reason. I really want Toronto to do well and think that they will but with the recent departures it's not great signs. I think that some consistency and solidity is needed at the moment even if it is just to quiet the doubters.

45 minutes ago, glossop saint said:

Tom Armstrong leaves as well. Who's decision was this? Forced out by injury, 'homesickness', freeing up cap space, a better offer, just not good enough or some other reason. I really want Toronto to do well and think that they will but with the recent departures it's not great signs. I think that some consistency and solidity is needed at the moment even if it is just to quiet the doubters.

I don't think losing Westerman or Armstrong will affect consistency. I think Westerman played once and Armstrong didn't ever play. It is sad to see QLT go. 

1 hour ago, Michael1812 said:

I don't think losing Westerman or Armstrong will affect consistency. I think Westerman played once and Armstrong didn't ever play. It is sad to see QLT go. 

Sorry, I didn't mean on the pitch, I meant as a club.  The revolving door might be necessary as they look to improve their squad but it is unlikely to help them win over their critics.

4 minutes ago, glossop saint said:

Sorry, I didn't mean on the pitch, I meant as a club.  The revolving door might be necessary as they look to improve their squad but it is unlikely to help them win over their critics.

Only one thing can do that...winning, and we are winning.

4 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Only one thing can do that...winning, and we are winning.

With any other sports then I would agree with you.  But this is Rugby League and apparently crowd numbers, youth systems, sponsorship, pitch markings, complaints about referees and structures, and half time catering (hot dog cannon instead of pies, honestly!) are all far more important than scoring more points than the opposition over 80 minutes... :ph34r:

1 hour ago, glossop saint said:

With any other sports then I would agree with you.  But this is Rugby League and apparently crowd numbers, youth systems, sponsorship, pitch markings, complaints about referees and structures, and half time catering (hot dog cannon instead of pies, honestly!) are all far more important than scoring more points than the opposition over 80 minutes... :ph34r:

Its all Okay as long as you keep winning...there is not one valid argument against winning...makes you a WINNER!...

Hey everybody we got us a winner!////TWP is winner!

On 4/21/2018 at 12:15 PM, glossop saint said:

On 4/21/2018 at 1:03 PM, Michael1812 said:

To me there is a world of difference in the formal statements put out by TWP on the release of each.  The Westerman statement was short and terse and the Armstrong statement was regretful and complimentary.   Given that almost all the other release statements (other then the 3 amigos after Portugal) were about equally effusive for the departing players I think it was "not soon enough" where Westerman was concerned.

He may have great talent but I think my remarks above about a head that is to big to fit through the door may not have been far off the mark.  I am equally sure that its "Rowley's way or the highway" but given that he is very much a "player's coach" I suspect TWP are better off without Westerman.

Its unfortunate about Armstrong.  The TWP statement gives an inkling that Armstrong may have a tough time ever returning to form.  He never did play so we have no way to guage if he could have contributed.

Lazy, idle waste of talent! Can’t say I’m impressed by his resigning for Hull. ?

Still gotta trust Radders and see if he can get something out of him, but I somewhat doubt it...

I expect Abdull to be at KR permanently shortly!

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

2 hours ago, Roy Boy said:

Lazy, idle waste of talent! Can’t say I’m impressed by his resigning for Hull. ?

Still gotta trust Radders and see if he can get something out of him, but I somewhat doubt it...

I'm of the impression that we've gotten him on the cheap and on terms that favour us if he messes up. A bit like Kelly, and the turned out alright so far.

But if he's anything like previously, I agree with your assessment. He wasn't signed by Radford on Radford's terms. He is now. Maybe that could make a difference?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

If Westerman's in the mood to be a silly b*gger, Radford may decide to have a firm word. If that doesn't work, he's irredeemable. And fearless.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

14 hours ago, Roy Boy said:

I doubt she'd come off the singing circuit for HKR?  

Archived