Keighley Cougar's

moorside roughyed

I looked at the league table this morning and for the first time I realised that we were below London skolers, the once great club that I knew in the 80s, and, 90s has gone. 

The club my dad uncle and grandad were involved in the 50's and 60s is gone 

The great team my great uncle played in is dead. 

The present players need to look at the table and take inspiration from the past great players, the great fans and smash Keighley and put the past results to bed

7 hours ago, clifford said:

I looked at the league table this morning and for the first time I realised that we were below London skolers, the once great club that I knew in the 80s, and, 90s has gone. 

The club my dad uncle and grandad were involved in the 50's and 60s is gone 

The great team my great uncle played in is dead. 

The present players need to look at the table and take inspiration from the past great players, the great fans and smash Keighley and put the past results to bed

When you look at the Super League table, there are all the teams that Oldham played against, week in, week out in the days you are talking about Clifford.

That a club like Oldham has fallen so low is a disgrace, and the saddest part is that those glory days will never return.

1 hour ago, john in oz said:

When you look at the Super League table, there are all the teams that Oldham played against, week in, week out in the days you are talking about Clifford.

That a club like Oldham has fallen so low is a disgrace, and the saddest part is that those glory days will never return.

It is indeed a very sad fact,that one time we we're up there.Unfortunately there isn't the fan base or interest in the club any more. The crowds have gone from thousands to hundreds, we are not on our own.This is what's happening to the game especially at lower league.Superleague clubs like Salford aren't setting the world on fire with their attendances.It'd be interesting to know why these fans have walked away.I walked away when we lost sheddings but I returned in the Tony Benson day's. I really do worry about the long term future of the game.

Yes, I remember bearing Wigan at Central Park, saints at Knowsley Road, and defeating Warrington on a regular basis. 

It's not the fault of the current players but the vision of the owner and the lack of a business plan 

If you take away the funding you take away Oldham RLFC 

what amazes me is its taken all this time for some of you to realise just what this club as become .you wanted to be back in Oldham playing at Wembley sorry whitebank a second rate ground, with a team that is better than last years and sunday the lowest gate for 3 years. the champ. league 1 bottom 5 clubs

Oldham rlfc

north wales crusaders

Coventry bears

hemal stags

west wales raiders

I am going to complain to the rfl because the  table cant be right can it.?

Did anyone see Gareth Walker's post on Twitter.  He uploaded a picture of the current league table and said this:

Just doing weekly programme piece for Champs/L1 clubs on how good a competition third tier is this year. Five rounds in, no undefeated side, two points between first and seventh and the vast majority will believe they can mount a promotion push. Great comp with some great clubs

So, we have the massive abyss of two whole points to pull back over the course of April, May, June, July, August and September to somehow get ourselves into that leading group.  Despite being 5th from the bottom, we're also only 4 points off the top.  

We've lost two games in a row.  One away at Bradford, a game that was a lot closer than the result shows and then we had to endure a shock recovery from Hunslet on Sunday in the last 25 minutes or so.   

We may and probably will lose more games this season.  So will other teams.  If we're languishing in the lower half of the league come the half-way point of the season I'll then start realising that maybe we're not as good as we think we are.  At the present moment in time we're having a mini blip.  That happens across all sport.

Now to swing back on topic.

Keighley have a decent team this year and when they show up on Sunday they won't be the under-cooked side we trounced in pre-season.  We're good enough to beat them nevertheless.  

Oh yeah @Tandle, last Sunday's wasn't the lowest gate in three years.  That's completely untrue.  It still wasn't amazing sure, but it wasn't the lowest.

8 hours ago, tandle said:

what amazes me is its taken all this time for some of you to realise just what this club as become .you wanted to be back in Oldham playing at Wembley sorry whitebank a second rate ground, with a team that is better than last years and sunday the lowest gate for 3 years. the champ. league 1 bottom 5 clubs

Oldham rlfc

north wales crusaders

Coventry bears

hemal stags

west wales raiders

I am going to complain to the rfl because the  table cant be right can it.?

I know all too well how bad it is at the club.The top and bottom of it is I love rugby league and I'm from Oldham so I support Oldham rugby league football club.If I was a soccer fan it would be the latics.Regarding the club all I can say is"it is what it is"but I still wouldn't support any other club , I'm from Oldham,i support Oldham.

Let's get some sense, I ve seen the pictures of the players post game, they know more than us what a cock up Sunday was. 

Sunday is now gone and in the history books... Que Craig for the next book, when we get promoted. Title great escape 

Speaking to Dave last night put things straight in my mind, we need to get on a winning run from now till June and see how the other teams go. 

For me apart from hemel and West Wales there are no easy games 

On 10/04/2018 at 3:09 PM, Dave Naylor said:

Did anyone see Gareth Walker's post on Twitter.  He uploaded a picture of the current league table and said this:

So, we have the massive abyss of two whole points to pull back over the course of April, May, June, July, August and September to somehow get ourselves into that leading group.  Despite being 5th from the bottom, we're also only 4 points off the top.  

We've lost two games in a row.  One away at Bradford, a game that was a lot closer than the result shows and then we had to endure a shock recovery from Hunslet on Sunday in the last 25 minutes or so.   

We may and probably will lose more games this season.  So will other teams.  If we're languishing in the lower half of the league come the half-way point of the season I'll then start realising that maybe we're not as good as we think we are.  At the present moment in time we're having a mini blip.  That happens across all sport.

Now to swing back on topic.

Keighley have a decent team this year and when they show up on Sunday they won't be the under-cooked side we trounced in pre-season.  We're good enough to beat them nevertheless.  

Oh yeah @Tandle, last Sunday's wasn't the lowest gate in three years.  That's completely untrue.  It still wasn't amazing sure, but it wasn't the lowest.

Thanks for some realism at last Dave. 

Looking forward to this game, hopefully this year's team will put on a performance for us the fans, as we are there year in and year out. Players come and go but if we they get the performance correct then we will win. 

Finally the friendly result counts for nothing. 

COME ON OLDHAM 

GIVE ME A TEEEEEEEEEEEE

Came away feeling better than the last game.We got the wobbles before half time and nearly surrendered our lead again and I was thinking oh no.However the second half was much better.This should raise the boys confidence for next week because they will need it.All in all good stuff.

Great to come away with the win today. But realistically we should have put the game to bed after going 16-0 up early doors. We were winning every contact in attack and defence, and still let them pull back to within 2 points. Also when the game was won we intercept and bomb the try by show boating. You may say it did not matter, but that "no try" is why Keighley are still above us in the league, had it been scored we would have leap frogged them.

4 minutes ago, saints10coach said:

Great to come away with the win today. But realistically we should have put the game to bed after going 16-0 up early doors. We were winning every contact in attack and defence, and still let them pull back to within 2 points. Also when the game was won we intercept and bomb the try by show boating. You may say it did not matter, but that "no try" is why Keighley are still above us in the league, had it been scored we would have leap frogged them.

According to the BBC website we are above them!?

6 minutes ago, clifford said:

Apparently Kershaw's nickname is.................. GRANDDAD 

All I can say is that he had an extremely hard paper round when he was younger 

He’s only 18 apparently!  Great game today though, I’ll forgive him for the showboating no try at the end, bet he feels a right div!  Would have been a hat trick on debut as well. 

Archived