Keighley Cougar's

moorside roughyed

13 minutes ago, ultimate roughyed said:

He’s only 18 apparently!  Great game today though, I’ll forgive him for the showboating no try at the end, bet he feels a right div!  Would have been a hat trick on debut as well. 

I saw they in the programme............ I've heard of a playing age but........... Hard paper round springs to mind 

Better,much better. Some mistakes, Kershaw was solid, the showboating was unnecessary and cost 4/6 on the scoreboard. Langtree immense,Benty's workrate though is incredible. Hooley and Gill belting. Work to do yet till we hit proper form. Overall a win is a win, we still ain't 100% but that was a definite improvement. Crowd was disappointing but good to see a few old faces there today. Well done the Yeds against a very decent Cougars.

For what is worth, I thought Kershaw had touched down and the ball bounced away. They touch judge was way behind play and reacted to the ball bouncing away. We were stood right on the corner flag so had a  good view.

That said he should have just done the basics and touched down.

Great game again for the neutrals, not for the faint of heart.

The start has to be one of the best ten minutes I have seen any Oldham team put in. Their attacking play was top drawer. Sadly, though they let them off the hook with some daft penalties and they then had their own purple patch. Thankfully half-time came and SN calmed them down with a gentle chat in the sheds.

If they can watch their discipline there aren't any teams in this division and a quite a few in the championship that would live with us.

The ref was sound and was fair to both sides shame his TJs didn't help him more when it was needed.

Anybody know whose next for a good pasting?????????????????????????????/////

46 minutes ago, clifford said:

The attendance was 530 and it was still higher than the hornets ????????????????

Hornet's attendance was dire,worse than ours. But attendance's like these are a sad reminder of how many people have walked away from rugby league. Years ago these numbers would be thousands not hundreds. 

12 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

Hornet's attendance was dire,worse than ours. But attendance's like these are a sad reminder of how many people have walked away from rugby league. Years ago these numbers would be thousands not hundreds. 

Friday nights have never been good for us, don't know why we keep insisting on giving it a try, Sunday afternoon is the one.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

1 hour ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Friday nights have never been good for us, don't know why we keep insisting on giving it a try, Sunday afternoon is the one.

By looking at the crowd numbers across the game in lower league,its not going in the right direction.Things will have to pick up otherwise we will be in a pickle.

On 10/04/2018 at 3:09 PM, Dave Naylor said:

Did anyone see Gareth Walker's post on Twitter.  He uploaded a picture of the current league table and said this:

So, we have the massive abyss of two whole points to pull back over the course of April, May, June, July, August and September to somehow get ourselves into that leading group.  Despite being 5th from the bottom, we're also only 4 points off the top.  

We've lost two games in a row.  One away at Bradford, a game that was a lot closer than the result shows and then we had to endure a shock recovery from Hunslet on Sunday in the last 25 minutes or so.   

We may and probably will lose more games this season.  So will other teams.  If we're languishing in the lower half of the league come the half-way point of the season I'll then start realising that maybe we're not as good as we think we are.  At the present moment in time we're having a mini blip.  That happens across all sport.

Now to swing back on topic.

Keighley have a decent team this year and when they show up on Sunday they won't be the under-cooked side we trounced in pre-season.  We're good enough to beat them nevertheless.  

Oh yeah @Tandle, last Sunday's wasn't the lowest gate in three years.  That's completely untrue.  It still wasn't amazing sure, but it wasn't the lowest.

Hi Dave, Is there any video of the keighley game please? 

There is.

I started working on a highlights video last night, it's not far off being finished.  I'll upload it to YouTube later on.

The full match video is without commentary again because the OCR guys have a technical issue or other.  I'm not sure what.  I'll upload it to YouTube if anyone wants to see it in full.

Stats

Hooley-0 tackles. 3 misses. one tackle bust. one clean break. 2 try assists. 13 carries=88m

Eccleston-5 tackles. one miss. 2 offloads. 2 tackle busts. one clean break. 14 carries=87m

McComb-21 tackles. 3 misses. one tackle bust. 13 carries=92m

Gill-12 tackles. 3 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. one try assist. 6 carries=44m

Kershaw-one tackle. one miss. 4 tackle busts. 4 clean breaks. 12 carries=198m 

Crook-19 tackles. 4 misses. one tackle bust. one carry=0m

Hewitt-9 tackles. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. 3 carries=36m

Murray-26 tackles. one miss. 13 carries=87m

Owen-23 tackles. one offload. one try assist. 3 carries=17m

Neal-11 tackles. 14 carries=102m

Bridge-19 tackles. 4 misses. one offload. 2 tackle busts. one try assist. 15 carries=128m

Langtree-32 tackles. 4 misses. 2 offloads. one tackle bust. 11 carries=90m

Bent-24 tackles. one tackle bust. one clean break. 11 carries=72m

subs

Nelmes-26 tackles. one miss. 2 offloads. 12 carries=90m

Briscoe-15 tackles. one miss. 4 carries=22m

Hughes-35 tackles. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 4 carries=24m

Spencer-32 tackles. one miss. 3 offloads. 2 tackle busts. 11 carries=72m

I put a highlights video from this game up on YouTube yesterday.  

Having recorded the second half of the game myself and then assuming the responsibility to edit, splice and upload the resultant video, I was a bit frazzled come Monday afternoon. I then had to start on the Hull KR programme since that was the joint needing the grease.

Anyway, since I did the Hull KR game in its entirety from creation to upload, I'm in video mode this week, especially since there's no programme to do.

So here it is if you didn't find it on YouTube already.  The Hull KR game is also up there.  

https://youtu.be/XCKEddphM0Q

Watched the Keighley tries, but haven't seen the KR game yet.

Its always good to watch from a different angle I think because you miss things that didn't notice at the live game. 

For instance Lee Kershaw tries v Keighley were better viewed on youtube from an elevated position rather than at pitchside. 

On 17 April 2018 at 1:09 PM, moorside roughyed said:

By looking at the crowd numbers across the game in lower league,its not going in the right direction.Things will have to pick up otherwise we will be in a pickle.

Lots of empty seats in super league I went to Salford Friday vast areas were empty . They need to sort out their own problems. I still enjoyed HKR match more

7 hours ago, Tangle said:

Lots of empty seats in super league I went to Salford Friday vast areas were empty . They need to sort out their own problems. I still enjoyed HKR match more

I think they've had problems getting people to go since they left the willow's.I went to the willow's on a number of occasions and really enjoyed it.Nothing beats your "home" ground.In our case sheddings.

13 hours ago, herbie said:

Brooksy just out of interest how are metres carried measured?

Is it metres past the spot were the ball is played? 

The PTB is the starting mark. Often the hooker or the half takes the ball forward from the PTB so that becomes the new mark.

Archived