Good move SRD

Red Devils Launch 2018 Charity Magic Shirt for Arena victims

Well done SRD even if it looks like a Cas kit!;)

5acdeef27b399_SRDcasshirt.PNG.93284c5400f8d351e269331914bdd6b5.PNG

This was added later, but I did think when I saw this that a charities/caring weekend would be a good idea for the Magic!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

I get the empathy with it, but isn't a bit ironic that Salford, and it's fans have distanced themselves from Manchester in order to identify with the City of Salford, and got upset when suggestions made that they incorporate Manchester into their name,

May just be me, but i do think it's slightly crass, although as i said, I totally get the reason for them doing it.

It also leads me to believe, cynically, that Magic weekend, and it's shirts will almost become something of a tribute act where all clubs are doing some sort of tribute, my own club did it last year, i get it, but it does seem like it's a bit of a bandwagon that clubs are jumping on.

2 hours ago, meast said:

I do, but i also think it's taking away from tributes if it's done all the time,

Like minutes applauses in the -- minute etc

I think you need to assess unrelated issues as if they are unrelated or you may end up down the Parky hole with the white rabbit!

8 hours ago, meast said:

I get the empathy with it, but isn't a bit ironic that Salford, and it's fans have distanced themselves from Manchester in order to identify with the City of Salford, and got upset when suggestions made that they incorporate Manchester into their name,

May just be me, but i do think it's slightly crass, although as i said, I totally get the reason for them doing it.

It also leads me to believe, cynically, that Magic weekend, and it's shirts will almost become something of a tribute act where all clubs are doing some sort of tribute, my own club did it last year, i get it, but it does seem like it's a bit of a bandwagon that clubs are jumping on.

You do realise that the Salford game at Magic is within a day of the Arena Attack?

You do realise that Salford and Manchester join as a conurbation and many Salford residents where in the arena that night.

You do realise that on Magic weekend Gtr Manchester will be remembering a terror attack 1 year on!

You do realise that many of the victims were from Salford, and others from further afield.

So while you whine, I think most people are proud that Greater Manchester remembers victims of a terror attack at a kids concert and show their suppiorr.

29 minutes ago, kiyan said:

You do realise that the Salford game at Magic is within a day of the Arena Attack?

You do realise that Salford and Manchester join as a conurbation and many Salford residents where in the arena that night.

You do realise that on Magic weekend Gtr Manchester will be remembering a terror attack 1 year on!

You do realise that many of the victims were from Salford, and others from further afield.

So while you whine, I think most people are proud that Greater Manchester remembers victims of a terror attack at a kids concert and show their suppiorr.

Not to mention that the Manchester Arena is about 100m from the boundary of.... Salford.

Rugby League: Alive and Handling

16 hours ago, meast said:

The writer may not be fully cognizant of the social, geographical and political relationships, and on this basis can be excused an opinion which could be hurtful to many.

15 hours ago, kiyan said:

I wasn't saying it wasn't a bad idea or that i disagreed with it, i do realise why it was done, but IMO i just think it's a slight bit on bandwagon jumping, of course we all know what happened and of course we should never forget etc, but then Wigan, Leigh and other clubs could all do the same.

I am not knocking Salford for it, but it just feels like they want to be a part of Manchester for this and not any other time.

1 hour ago, meast said:

I am not knocking Salford for it, but it just feels like they want to be a part of Manchester for this and not any other time.

No, I don't think that's the case at all keeping Salford as Salford is quite different from support for an excellent cause/tragedy.

Having said that I also think people need to take it easy with each other, the memory of tragedy at the arena deserves all of us to be a bit nicer towards our fellow travelers.

Archived