13-15 Apr: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Have Dewsbury something up their sleeve we don’t know about?  What a result that would be!

Here's hoping, but in the meantime everyone is welcome with some fantastic special offers from the club:

https://dewsburyrams.co.uk/2018/04/04/rams-confirm-spectacular-offers-and-slash-admission-for-trans-atlantic-rampage/

1 hour ago, Heckler said:

Here's hoping, but in the meantime everyone is welcome with some fantastic special offers from the club:

https://dewsburyrams.co.uk/2018/04/04/rams-confirm-spectacular-offers-and-slash-admission-for-trans-atlantic-rampage/

nice.

I Think this is the main ( and easy) critic I could do on Toulouse Olympique : they could try to make the trip to Toulouse more attractive/inviting for the away fans... I am convinced that away fans will play a great role in RL salvation in Toulouse.

30 minutes ago, Fabou said:

nice.

I Think this is the main ( and easy) critic I could do on Toulouse Olympique : they could try to make the trip to Toulouse more attractive/inviting for the away fans... I am convinced that away fans will play a great role in RL salvation in Toulouse.

What do you suggest Fabou ?

The trip will be easier when TO13 go back to Les Minimes which is either a god walk or a short underground ride from the town cenre.

2 hours ago, oiseau said:

What do you suggest Fabou ?

The trip will be easier when TO13 go back to Les Minimes which is either a god walk or a short underground ride from the town cenre.

I said the critic was easy! and the suggestions are not :D

I often read in here that the fans like to take the opportunity to spend a week end in Toulouse when they come, so I guess my suggestions would be around "being the perfect host", making the english fans feel like they were well received, creating the reputation for TO to be a great away trip in the Championship... so more and more english fans will take their annual journey to Toulouse without hesitation. They dont need TO to have fun, but you get my point, a bigger focus on fan experience at the match.

make english fans journey inToulouse or around the pitch easier and funnier. 

tips and recommandations in english to their club which can pass the word on what to do and what to avoid in Toulouse

I see that TO publishes a lot of pictures of the Toulouse players during the match... I dont see the big added value so why not paying credit to the english fans who made the effort and post pictures of away fans instead (and local fans)

a free glass of Blanquette de Limoux, ahah I dont know.

I am so convinced (maybe too much) that the english fans will have a strong positive effect on the our home crowds. I am very happy on how the club and the team are improving, now we need bigger crowds. 2000 people will  not be sufficient for a pro team. And you are very right that everything will be easier back to Les minimes, we miss home.

50 minutes ago, Fabou said:

I said the critic was easy! and the suggestions are not :D

I often read in here that the fans like to take the opportunity to spend a week end in Toulouse when they come, so I guess my suggestions would be around "being the perfect host", making the english fans feel like they were well received, creating the reputation for TO to be a great away trip in the Championship... so more and more english fans will take their annual journey to Toulouse without hesitation. They dont need TO to have fun, but you get my point, a bigger focus on fan experience at the match.

make english fans journey inToulouse or around the pitch easier and funnier. 

tips and recommandations in english to their club which can pass the word on what to do and what to avoid in Toulouse

I see that TO publishes a lot of pictures of the Toulouse players during the match... I dont see the big added value so why not paying credit to the english fans who made the effort and post pictures of away fans instead (and local fans)

a free glass of Blanquette de Limoux, ahah I dont know.

I am so convinced (maybe too much) that the english fans will have a strong positive effect on the our home crowds. I am very happy on how the club and the team are improving, now we need bigger crowds. 2000 people will  not be sufficient for a pro team. And you are very right that everything will be easier back to Les minimes, we miss home.

I recall there is (or was) a Treiziste bar in central Toulouse but can’t remember its name but I do remember Feath &  Gateshead scarves on the wall?

Broncos by 14

Olympique by 4

Wolfpack by 13 ?

Barrow by 2 (different team at home)

Fax by 12

Leigh by 22

On 11/04/2018 at 2:50 PM, John Drake said:

Discuss all this weekend's Betfred Championship games here.

FRIDAY 13th APRIL
Rochdale Hornets v London Broncos KO 7.45pm

SATURDAY 14th APRIL
Batley Bulldogs v Toulouse Olympique KO 3pm

SUNDAY 15th APRIL
Barrow Raiders v Featherstone Rovers KO 3pm
Dewsbury Rams v Toronto Wolfpack KO 3pm
Halifax v Swinton Lions KO 3pm
Sheffield Eagles v Leigh Centurions KO 3pm

London by 14

Toulouse by 10

Fev by 10

Wolf pack by 24

Halifax by 20

Leigh by 26.

1 hour ago, The Daddy said:

Jussaume and Lima named in the 19 for TO. Does anyone know much about these two, what positions they play etc? Great to see young players being continually blooded for Toulouse. 

18yr old Mathieu will likely replace Ader who is uncertain for now & 17yr old Pierre Jean is starting in place of Marcon

according to this article which I find hard to believe, 4 players from Barrow caused trouble last week end in Toulouse. it is said that, completely drunk, they destroyed a scooter before hitting garage door before gotten caught by the police..

could it be possible? have you heard of this story? I find it hard to believe that they were barrow players. barrow fans, I could buy it, but players??

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Factu.fr%2Foccitanie%2Ftoulouse_31555%2Ftoulouse-apres-nuit-agitee-quatre-joueurs-internationaux-rugby-fini-garde-vue_16341161.html%2Famp&edit-text=&act=url

3 hours ago, dunno much said:

18yr old Mathieu will likely replace Ader who is uncertain for now & 17yr old Pierre Jean is starting in place of Marcon

Any reason they went with these two and not Therond? I would've thought Bianchini or Cousin would also be more likely options at this stage than the younger kids.

15 hours ago, Fabou said:

nice.

It would be nice for TO to target a couple of games in the UK to sponsor/subsidise their fans travel.  

7 hours ago, Evil Homer said:

Any reason they went with these two and not Therond? I would've thought Bianchini or Cousin would also be more likely options at this stage than the younger kids.

Sylvain rates them both highly as well as other youngsters within the set up & will aim to use them as the occasion arises.

1 hour ago, dunno much said:

Sylvain rates them both highly as well as other youngsters within the set up & will aim to use them as the occasion arises.

Crazy that all three of TO's France u18s internationals from last year and an u16s international in Lima have now been involved with the first team squad this season, meanwhile the dozen or so at Catalans will probably be waiting 5+ years to even get a sniff (and are more likely to end up at Palau).

3 hours ago, Evil Homer said:

Crazy that all three of TO's France u18s internationals from last year and an u16s international in Lima have now been involved with the first team squad this season, meanwhile the dozen or so at Catalans will probably be waiting 5+ years to even get a sniff (and are more likely to end up at Palau).

positive from TO but we also must aknowledge, for Catalans defense, that the Championship is not as hard the SL.

Rochdale Hornets v London Broncos London by 24

Batley Bulldogs v Toulouse Olympique Toulouse by 6
Barrow Raiders v Featherstone Rovers Fev by 10
Dewsbury Rams v Toronto Wolfpack Toronto by 18
Halifax v Swinton Lions Halifax by 14
Sheffield Eagles v Leigh Centurions Leigh by 22

11 hours ago, Fabou said:

Melting pot?

There's also De Danu, the Irish pub on the banks of the canal opposite the Kyriad hotel. A lot of the players and fans get in there.

11 minutes ago, oiseau said:

There's also De Danu, the Irish pub on the banks of the canal opposite the Kyriad hotel. A lot of the players and fans get in there.

A ok. The owner was a RU Players (dont know if it has changer), but It does not mean that it is forbidden foto RL fans! I like de Danu, not been there a lot but cool each time

Archived