Major announcement

Monkeymagic22

1 hour ago, elppaxr2i said:

They are announcing which way we are playing at next home game vs Batley 

I said that might happen over 6 hours ago. Shows how right I am sometimes. That really is a major decision. An end to end one. What a way to kick off a meeting. Mind you it was a toss up that the meeting would be about that. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a serious note. It is a major announcement. I reckon it might be to do with our land. Please please don't sell . If it is a major leasing project then I will be well pleased. Land appreciates as time goes by  and with planning will be a continuing major asset. Might be something else, just speculation. Could I suppose be a fund raising effort to pay Griffin off. Whatever but I hope it is a positive way forward.

3 hours ago, jamescolin said:

On a serious note. It is a major announcement. I reckon it might be to do with our land. Please please don't sell . If it is a major leasing project then I will be well pleased. Land appreciates as time goes by  and with planning will be a continuing major asset. Might be something else, just speculation. Could I suppose be a fund raising effort to pay Griffin off. Whatever but I hope it is a positive way forward.

We are struggling for cash, why not sell??  Who would want to lease next to a stadium??  I hope it is to sell to enable us to go full time!!

We have around 16 acres. Not all next to stadium. Next door is a property development. If you sell then your money slowly disappears and the asset is gone. If you lease then you receive an constant income and the asset  increase as time goes by in value. In the cash of land by a large amount over years. There is plenty of leasing opportunities and we are already doing some. Park homes are leasehold as is warehouse space. At the end of selling you have to dip into the proceeds and then they are gone p[us your land has gone. With leasing you have constant income and an appreciating asset.

Ok but it could be a meeting to obtain a census of the supporters views before anything definite is moved forward. Just a thought and as good as previous suggestions. So what do you think it will be.

40 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Something as important as 'the land' needs (and probably requires to be legal) a 'proper' vote of all A shareholders and not a request for views by email as was carried out not so long ago.

I had an email the last time we had to vote.

Good news but not a major announcement. I hope the board is not being reorganised and another so called millionaire is coming in to exploit our holdings. I also hope the announcement isn't that Campbell is going.

I just can’t see it being Full time.I mean at a rough guess you are looking at 500 thousand per year in wages and if we were to finish out of the top four at the end of this season we will be out of the money so would have to look into our savings .Talking about savings does the Club at the end of the year disclose what finances they have at a Shareholders meeting???

I sincerely hope that it is not an outsider supposedly putting new finance into the club in exchange for a major shareholding. The last time it was promises, promises, and a try to get our land at a cheap price. We have major assets and they need using properly.  Please don't sell the land.  Lease and receive continuing income whilst retaining the appreciating asset.

8 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

I sincerely hope that it is not an outsider supposedly putting new finance into the club in exchange for a major shareholding. The last time it was promises, promises, and a try to get our land at a cheap price. We have major assets and they need using properly.  Please don't sell the land.  Lease and receive continuing income whilst retaining the appreciating asset.

Last time? Who tried to acquire the land?

Archived