1950s or 1960s

clifford

Jack Keith second in on top row?Winslade fifth from left back row I think,4th on the second row is Ganley. That's my best guesses lol, no idea on the year tbh. I'm sure more qualified people on here will be able to probs name the whole squad mate. Great pic that though,thanks for sharing it.

Cheers R34, it was in a scrap book my mum did for my granddad when he was on his death bed

When my mum died my uncle took it. My aunt gave it to me when he died and I ve never looked at it just knew that there was programmes and cuttings of Oldham in there

Ill look at it again again soon but it was upsetting, yes rugby players have deep feelings 

Players not officials.

Top row, 1Jack Keith

2 Ken Jackson

3 Derek (Rocky) Turner

4 Charlie Winslade

6 John Etty?

middle row, 2 Alan Davies

3 Bernard Ganley

4 Johnny Noone

front row.    1 Frank Pitchford

2 Alan Kellett?  

Cannot help with the date,  would be pleased to know who the rest of that team, incidentally the best we’ve ever had, were. Apologies if any are wrong, perhaps someone will put me right. the ‘photo brought back many happy memories, thanks for posting.

Incidently my mum bought me a copy from the chron of the Greatest Oldham side ever known. I've posted it below,hope Clifford doesnt mind me posting it (some players I'm sure are in both pics,might help with filling some gaps in). I was brought up with tales of some of these great players by my Gran and Grandad. Mam actually delivered eggs to Charlie Winslade's house and later nursed Alan Davies when he was in the Oldham Hospital for some reason.  Even though I obvs never saw them play, the names live on in my mind. This history should never be forgotten. I still get goosebumps just looking at pics like these. Superb.

Hope when the time is right you will find many more treasures Clifford. All the best pal.

post-3823-0-66704900-1380554821.jpg

I'll will look, the club paid for a comic book for him to read in hospital and its very good 

No not at all 

I had stories of my dad sitting on Herman Hiltons hand when he was living in Blackpool when he finished playing. 

The stories of heard about the mess house, and Bernard Hanley telling Derek Turner to shut up when he missed a tackle against Wigan, they scored but Ganley kicked 6 or 8 goals to win the game 

Thanks R34 allthe players I worshipped are on that picture, and you can match most of them to the. Previous picture.. What a team that was, there are a few references to past Roughyed greats on youtube, (rugby league 1950’s) sadly after they had left us to play elsewhere though.

The photo is from the team that played against Barrow October 31st 1959 

Back row 

C.Bradley Jack Keith Ken Jackson Geoff Robinson Charlie Winslade

Peter Goddard Des McKeown H Goodwin.

Middle row

Frank Stirrup Ike Southward Alan Davies Bernard Ganley John Noon 

Vince Nester 

Front row

Frank Pitchford Alan Kellett. 

15 minutes ago, jbg3 said:

The photo is from the team that played against Barrow October 31st 1959 

Back row