Lewis Palfrey

roughyed34

Well Connor it might, I would gamble statistically that out of all the cuts that happen in the game (not just head injuries) only a very very small proportion would develop something like this. It's unfortunate for Palf but players get cuts every single week, I'm sure the medical staff did what was necessary at the time and couldn't expect this. Infection can happen at any given time for the smallest of reasons, players have been taped up/bandaged/stapled for decades, I'm sure they would have made sure the wound was covered, if they would have stitched it at the time would it have made a difference? Who knows? 

• 4 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The story I heard was he was sat in the dressing room after the game getting stripped and wiped away a little bit of blood from a slight cut with one of his socks !

Next day he was really poorly.

The power of bacteria!  

(and whatever else was growing in his boots!)

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Archived