Would you prefer a 4G Pitch at SLS ?

The King Of Leon

Yes agree it seemed to suit us , maybe some of the old slower Hunslet sides of the past it wouldn't , but would be nice now for us to get this down and it looks like a bowling green surface from a distance.

I think the best people to ask would actually be the players and coaches about this as the old 4G pitches players used to get like carpet burns on players skin if I remember rightly. 

Now don't think this will ever happen as the cost of laying one of these is between £300,000 to £500,000 or so the Soccer store says.

Think I would rather the Council build a stand opposite the main stand instead then.

1 hour ago, hunslet ramone said:

Yes agree it seemed to suit us , maybe some of the old slower Hunslet sides of the past it wouldn't , but would be nice now for us to get this down and it looks like a bowling green surface from a distance.

I think the best people to ask would actually be the players and coaches about this as the old 4G pitches players used to get like carpet burns on players skin if I remember rightly. 

Now don't think this will ever happen as the cost of laying one of these is between £300,000 to £500,000 or so the Soccer store says.

Think I would rather the Council build a stand opposite the main stand instead then.

Not really much point in building another stand when we can only 1/4 full the one we have. Although it would be warmer.

not any use really while the athletics use the stadium. they do shot put. javelin. hammer. so it has to be grass

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

It did seem a good surface at Oldham compared to our last two home games but then we've had a lot more rain and snow than usual. There's not a cat in hell's chance of it happening in any case, but now Summer is here those muddy pitches will soon be forgotten about (he says optimistically :unsure: )

the american football match played saturday didnt help things.. 

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

• 2 months later...

after seeing that cornfield today if that's the best Leeds City Council can do I think a 4g Pitch is a must. Fair play to both teams for moving  the ball about well and scoring some good tries , Coventry were a credit to the game and played some good stuff.We must improve big time for Oldham especially our goal line defence and hope Walker is fit again.

Archived