Toronto predictions and team :

JimbobRam

I don't think we can criticise the efforts of all of the players - we were just beaten by a better side, with all of the advantages that FT players have. They followed a number of set patterns in their attacking play and were sharply drilled on their defensive lines, which showed in their overall slicker approach.

I thought that Mr Hicks had a mixed game and it is a shame that he attaches so much importance to being seen to make a contribution at times. Both sides might have had grievances with him over specific matters but he didn't influence the outcome and no did he spoil our enjoyment.

I expect us to do even better against Toronto when we host the at home next season. (I am sorry that I cannot attend the away game this year - maybe another time.)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Thought the boys did well today, still could show more compurse on attack near the opposition line, just need to build pressure. But defensively excellent. Spoke briefly to Paul Rowley on my way out. I said his team will have their work cut out in the Middle Eights but he said they'd scored six tries (well actually five!) and he only had 23 fit (full-time professional) players to choose from and when Leigh got promoted they won quite a lot of games by only a few points and all teams raise their game against Toronto. I said we haven't even 23 part-time players to pick from.

Thought some of the Toronto players were just not fit enough, yes they won but given a budget I guess 3 or 4 times ours and a full-time squad, it was a poor effort from Toronto. Suspect we will be seeing them again next season.

11 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Thought some of the Toronto players were just not fit enough, yes they won but given a budget I guess 3 or 4 times ours and a full-time squad, it was a poor effort from Toronto. Suspect we will be seeing them again next season.

Not a great effort today but got the job done...lots of folks on the forum agree with you about Toronto....time will tell but I think you got it wrong, but time will tell.

34 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Not a great effort today but got the job done...lots of folks on the forum agree with you about Toronto....time will tell but I think you got it wrong, but time will tell.

Yes time will tell, but to give you a comparison, SL teams who have come for Cup matches with weakened teams usually score 10-12 tries. We should be able to hold you for 60 minutes and then you run away with it in the last 20 minutes. The reason the Toronto players are in the Championship is simply they are not good enough for SL. But you will have a chance in the Million Pound game.

I could see Toronto opening their cheque book again before the middle 8’s commence.

They have recently signed another NRL forward who was at the game today.

I hope they get promoted to give the game the shake up it needs.

rambo.gif

I was pleased with our defensive play, but on attack we are still slow off the mark and just as slow in open play and still we don't back players up when a break is made. It might have been a different finish if we hadn't given them those tries and Worrincy had seen the ball before he saw the try line. 

I dislike Rowley's coaching tactics, but from those, Toronto know how to hold down without penalty, but we are not wise enough in that department and suffered Mr Hicks' wrath. Agree with BSJ thst his decisions didn't influence the result, but why is it that he and his touch judges seem unable to notice some of the opposition's forward passes and offsides and in the first half did Worrincy obstruct anyone?

On this performance (much better than last week's) I would like to think that next week against Halifax there might be a better chance of victory, but I dare not think.

I liked James Glover's comments in the Royal Suite that one of their players cost more than our entire squad.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Great effort from the lads and if we can keep those levels up we might run the likes of Halifax close at least.

Thought the defence was immense across the Board but if anybody performed better than Sykes in this department Id be amazed.

Going forward I  thought  Jack Teanby had a cracking game and we never stopped trying.. As others have said we just lack ideas and not sure Gaz Moore is the same since his knock..

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Great effort by the players but nothing to show for it again,I honestly think if we play like that against Halifax we can win. As Ned say's a lot of positives to take from the game.

The biggest positive from yesterday is I found a friend for piggy's mate??

didn't see any aliens where was he stood.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

Great effort by the players but nothing to show for it again,I honestly think if we play like that against Halifax we can win. As Ned say's a lot of positives to take from the game.

The biggest positive from yesterday is I found a friend for piggy's mate??

Thanks Brian... :girlglasses:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived