Lions tour 2019 (Merged Threads)

Just now, Henson Park Old Firm said:

One thing I'm looking forward to is the ne GB Kit, very excited.

Yeah, me too. Looking forward to the whole setup for this historic tour. Who will be on the coaching staff, who is making the kit, who will sponsor the tour and the GB team, which tv companies are bidding for the tour etc.

All very exciting.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Yeah, me too. Looking forward to the whole setup for this historic tour. Who will be on the coaching staff, who is making the kit, who will sponsor the tour and the GB team, which tv companies are bidding for the tour etc.

All very exciting.

Hummel will make the kit. That was announced when they got the England gig.

I don’t really do replica shirts but if it’s a good’un I may have to part with fifty notes.

47 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Hummel will make the kit. That was announced when they got the England gig.

I don’t really do replica shirts but if it’s a good’un I may have to part with fifty notes.

I can't see anything in the announcement of Hummel and GB. 

The the only solid fact I have seen about GB is that Bennett will coach them.

1 hour ago, 17 stone giant said:

Do you mean in terms of us playing as Great Britain, or that we might not tour at all?

Surely we've got to go out there now that it's got to this stage? What are we going to do instead if we don't go?

That we might not tour at all. What stage have we got to? Have any stadiums been sorted out? It all seems too vague to me. 

rldfsignature.jpg

6 hours ago, Abicus said:

Source? Lots of Aus/NZ media saying the same as well regarding NZ Tests for end of year

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=12209028

It's understood the Lions will play two tests against the Kiwis, as well as clashes with Tonga, Fiji and Samoa. The British side will also stop in Papua New Guinea on their way home.

The schedule means that Tonga, Samoa, Papua New Guinea and Fiji will be guaranteed at least two tests each in 2019, a vital boost for each of those countries especially with the recent progress of Tonga and Papua New Guinea.

1 hour ago, roughyedspud said:

The Fiji & Samoa games got binned ages ago??

It is all a mess and it is March. With Brexit and the exchange rate literally who is going to 1. Be able to plan and go and 2. Afford to go.

Right royal #### up

9 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Tour will be confirmed by the RFL tomorrow (Monday)

Be still my beating heart ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

36 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Assuming the article is correct, it does make you wonder if the Fiji and Samoa games have been shoehorned back into the 'tour' because of the union world league mess.

I don't believe the article to be correct

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

48 minutes ago, Scubby said:

It is all a mess and it is March. With Brexit and the exchange rate literally who is going to 1. Be able to plan and go and 2. Afford to go.

Right royal #### up

Indeed. I've said it before, but even Lions naysayers could probably have been won round had this been announced 2 years in advance, with a great schedule that really worked for touring fans, with professional companies providing tour packages. 

As things stand, even those looking forward to this are now peed off and I really can't see more than a few handfuls being able to bother with this.

If there is an announcement due, get ready for disappointment. We'll be on 60 pages within an hour or two of it!!

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Archived