Ref for Whitehaven.

mickhornet

1 hour ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Glad I didn't waste good money to watch that sh*te, should be ashamed of themselves, following on Twitter didn't seem to be any effort at all, just mistake after mistake. Asking myself are they worth the time, effort and money to keep following.

Back the team in 2018.....they are having a laugh....at our expense.

Your more than welcome at Oldham mate, I'll buy you a pint.Join the right end of the A627m.?

Time for a change me thinks.

the apathy that is starting to surround the club is terrible. What direction are we going in except league 1 mediocrity?

lets face it we were relegated in February when the news broke about the absolutely diabolical mismanagement of funds and budgets, how the hell can we have let that happen, we’ve not got very much money, the bit you do have make sure you look after it properly!

Im fed up hearing the same post match comments from our coach. He’s having zero impact now. And FFS stop blaming ref’s and opposition coaches.

today was nothing short of embarrassing from top to bottom an urgent rethink on direction and a new impetus is needed. We’re are sliding here both on and off the pitch.

take a long hard look at your selves now; chairman, board, coach and players. If we are going down let’s do it with dignity.

well done Haven

Ha Ha Ha, Moorside you are a gem, never miss the opportunity eh. Don't think so mate, after this start to the season feel like giving it up altogether, or just watch it on the telly, that won't cost me anything.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

46 minutes ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Ha Ha Ha, Moorside you are a gem, never miss the opportunity eh. Don't think so mate, after this start to the season feel like giving it up altogether, or just watch it on the telly, that won't cost me anything.

An opportunity is not to be missed.You could start watching Mayfield and save yourself a few quid in the process.I watch Saddlworth Rangers,i love the amateur set up and the camaraderie.

The performances this year have been a disgrace, culminating with that yesterday. One league win against a Barrow side with 12 men and another unconvincing win against an amateur side. The squad is terrible and the rugby is just ######, players leaving left right and centre because of both poor financial management and poor people management. There needs to be big changes on and off the field ASAP cos relegation is looking a certainty at the minute, how many of these players will be here for League 1? How many fans will?

2 hours ago, Heywood Tiger said:

The performances this year have been a disgrace, culminating with that yesterday. One league win against a Barrow side with 12 men and another unconvincing win against an amateur side. The squad is terrible and the rugby is just ######, players leaving left right and centre because of both poor financial management and poor people management. There needs to be big changes on and off the field ASAP cos relegation is looking a certainty at the minute, how many of these players will be here for League 1? How many fans will?

I don't think you can blame the club for its main sponsor going bust.If we go down then we go down, we are not dead yet.We were not expected to go up, least of all by the RFLWhat is the point of slagging off players coaches management etc.

There’s a few tales I’ve been told from people in the know who have grave concerns regards the club on and off the pitch. Unpaid bills, players not respecting the coach.... They may all be tittle tattle but looking how the clubs performed this year I am worried. 

I’m not slagging anyone off, just expressing my opinion. The rugby is poor by anyone’s standards and getting worse every week, oh well we weren’t meant to go up anyway? 

Not at the game yesterday and I'm glad I wasn't, 38-0 is a disgrace I know that Whitehaven are a top league 1 side and that they could beat some of the championship clubs, but not scoring in two of our last four games in not good enough by anyone's standards.

Penalty count was against us again but that is no excuse as we couldn't even capitalise when two of their men where sent off, in fact they scored when they where down to 11 men.   

What is going on behind the scenes?, as we get up for the games we aren't supposed to win (London and Halifax come to mind) but don't seem to put the same amount of effort in against Sheffield or yesterday, games we could and should of won. And with the next games being against Sheffield, Batley, Dewsbury and Swinton we need to win them all.

If we had won the Toronto game and got a point against Halifax both of which I think we deserved then this slump in form would not be as big a problem, but at the end of the day its points in the league and position on the table that matters.   

3 hours ago, mickhornet said:

I don't think you can blame the club for its main sponsor going bust.If we go down then we go down, we are not dead yet.We were not expected to go up, least of all by the RFLWhat is the point of slagging off players coaches management etc.

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

Just now, ornit4ever said:

I think its totally out of order to blame the management after the sponsor went bust, its actually good management that got the players to take a wage cut as a result. As we also have one of the lowest budgets together with the lowest attendances then I consider it good leadership in those circumstances.

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

Personally, I think having just one recognised half back on the pitch killed our attack.  It makes it easy for the opposition to defend against because you always know where the ball is going from dummy half.  I can't remember the ball ever going to the young lad covering for Palf.  Also, I think we really missed Rob Massam, especially for his kick returns.  But, I also think our edge defense is looking suspect.  Featherstone and Leigh both hammered us down the edges and it's where Whitehaven kept making breaks yesterday.  It's an area we need to sort out sharpish.

Who mentioned blaming management for the sponsorship cos it wasn’t me, have a look across social media, the man management for the last couple of seasons has not been good. That’s more to blame in my opinion, players leaving has been blamed solely on losing money, I don’t think so.

We know how disappointing and under par the cup performance was, along with others and how they differ from that Toronto effort but, when we're trying to get by on such low home attendances, what can we really expect...and how is that going to affect sponsorship. Like Swinton, for the last couple of years we've been playing well above expectations and, no matter what people think, we've been scrapping like dogs.

Let's put it behind us and keep scrapping, if not, what do we do?

Good luck to the staff and players for the rest of the season.

So what were saying is it's all just circumstantial and bad luck? Nothing to do with the management of the finances and the squad?

Would anyone bet on the current team beating this one? 

Riley

Holmes

Cookson

Galbraith

Bloomfield

Crook

Yates

Tahraoui

Moores

Thompson

Smith

Crowley

Tilley

Maneely

Taira

Hadden

Ratu

How many of this team left on bad terms? I know Tahraoui took the club to court, Bloomfield and Smith publicly criticised how they were handled, others were allowed to leave or asked and left graciously. Or are we suggesting the last 2 seasons championship squads have cost less?

Is there not an onus on the Custodians of the club to make up any unexpected short fall from expected sponsorship.

Surely the role of being a Director has responsibilities that may well at some stage have financial implications.  

What is expected from a Director at Hornets these days? And is new blood actively being recruited to boost what is obviously a struggling set up.

As someone once told me when I said it all about the Players - "No Mark its all about Money"

Tough old job that one. People who stuck at it and ploughed money in for over 30 years should have had a medal.

13 hours ago, Heywood Tiger said:

So what were saying is it's all just circumstantial and bad luck? Nothing to do with the management of the finances and the squad?

Riley

Holmes

Cookson

Galbraith

Bloomfield

Crook

Yates

Tahraoui

Moores

Thompson

Smith

Crowley

Tilley

Maneely

Taira

Hadden

Ratu

How many of this team left on bad terms? I know Tahraoui took the club to court, Bloomfield and Smith publicly criticised how they were handled, others were allowed to leave or asked and left graciously. Or are we suggesting the last 2 seasons championship squads have cost less?

Jo Tiara,Matty Hadden, Danny Yates, Ben Moores ?Have these guys just resigned?

Has anyone read the chairman's Henry V speech?, is that what we need right now grand speeches, wouldn't it be better to speak simply about what is going on, or is that part of the problem that people whether it be the fans or the backroom staff are out of touch about what is going on?. 

On 25/04/2018 at 10:06 AM, RLNew said:

Who would you have replace him this early on? Need a motivator for sure in my opinion. Swinton and Sheffield both struggling too so may still end up staying in the division. 

Add us to that list(Dewsbury Rams)we are shocking atm. Should make our game at our place on 6th may interesting.

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:54 PM, Heywood Tiger said:

Riley

Holmes

Cookson

Galbraith

Bloomfield

Crook

Yates

Tahraoui

Moores

Thompson

Smith

Crowley

Tilley

Maneely

Taira

Hadden

Ratu

Jo Tiara, Danny Yates, Matty Hadden ,named in squad for tomorrows game.

Archived