Raiders v Toronto

Michael Ashton

4 hours ago, TMF said:

So vet, rooster, raidersrus, you'll agree the ref was one of the best officials seen here for a long time?

I thought he was ok, there were decisions which could have gone either way, were there any complaints about the officials when they disallowed a TW try for a forward pass in the 1st half when it wasn’t forward? I can’t imagine there wasn’t.

The only other main ‘major’ decision was when O’Brien caught the chaser, it could have been a sin bin but the decision of a penalty rather than penalty try was correct.

3 hours ago, renfrew refugee said:

Guess the 3 posters (the vet, rooster2003, raidersrus) were not at the game, and I guess the 1100 who were there, got it wrong to boo the referee and his assistants off at full time:banghead:

Your right Renfrew I wasn’t there, I dreamt the above incidents.?

Il stick with my earlier post though, it gets tedious the constant whinging about officials.

this is a great forum in general except for a handful of moaners who seemed hellbent on spoiling the party for everyone. Speaking as a WP supporter I'd say Barrow are a terrific side as demonstrated today (even though we had no bl@@dy video!) and we had lotsa fun when you were over here in 2017..hope a lot of you pop back over on June 23 . You are very welcome at our pitch. 

Think Cresta was watching the same game as  most of the so called whingers. If you look on the official facebook page there is a five minute video of him slating the officials and rightly so. Don't know how to share it on here.

FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

10 hours ago, TMF said:

So which one would you like us to use to keep the forum going? From an old schooler on TRL, which is actually the one used by the majority of RL fans.

Not for me to say mate, I joined this forum 15 years ago before the invention of facebook and twitter so am happy using them all. I bet the majority of fans don't know about this forum, and I bet almost all of them are on facebook or twitter.

57 minutes ago, livo said:

Think Cresta was watching the same game as  most of the so called whingers. If you look on the official facebook page there is a five minute video of him slating the officials and rightly so. Don't know how to share it on here.

5 mins of slating the officials. Do us a favour Livo don't share it! We got beat,Get over it. It's done. 

1 hour ago, alba said:

Having watched the video, raiders should have won24=16,  three people disagree, but about a 1000, plus paul crarey, plus video commentator agree, that's a lot of people wrong

As you would say with your broken keyboard. Zzzzzzzzz. 

Why not focus on the positives !! Fantastic footwork from young Johnstone and a sublime inside pass to Aspinwall. Good coaching , targeting Simms with Aspinwall spotting him and getting his reward. Hulmes last ditch tackle on Higson , Duffy putting a NRL prop on his backside. RL speccies these days eh !!!

21 hours ago, alba said:

Having watched the video, raiders should have won24=16,  three people disagree, but about a 1000, plus paul crarey, plus video commentator agree, that's a lot of people wrong

I presume I’m one of the 3. I’m not sure where Barrow’s extra 12 points should have come from but iv never said Barrow shouldn’t have won, they were quality and the score line reflected the game that it could have been won by either side, Cresta’s tactics were spot on working over short sides against a bigger quicker team as Barrow were going to find it hard going round them on big spread plays, I’m as big as supporter as anyone that watches week in week out, I don’t watch games however with Blue & white tinted glasses, I call things as I see it.

After watching the Evening Mail clips & the OBrien incident, it gives a better angle than where I was stood and it should have been a yellow card, however unless Dec Hulme has turned into Usain Bolt he would never have touched the ball down before it went dead. 

Il throw another decision in the mix, on Barrow’s first try did Big Joe impede a defender from getting to Martin Aspinwall, we got the try but on another day could it have been disallowed?

its all if, buts and maybe’s but for sure if Barrow can keep that level of performance up weekly it’ll be championship rugby again next season.

Archived