Film Thread (What have you been watching?)

The Porridge movie was on yesterday - the one with the escape that happened while there was a football match in the prison. Still funny. My favourite joke "They say he had a trial for Brentford, shortly before he had a trial for shoplifting"

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

9 minutes ago, tim2 said:

The Porridge movie was on yesterday - the one with the escape that happened while there was a football match in the prison. Still funny. My favourite joke "They say he had a trial for Brentford, shortly before he had a trial for shoplifting"

Few, if any, sitcoms of the time had decent movie spin-offs, but that's an exception.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

watched "misery" for the first time in ages at the weekend, to be fair anyone who tries to make a journey like that , in that sort of terrain in heavy snow and blizzard conditions while driving a rear wheel drive ford mustang deserves all they get.

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

22 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

watched "misery" for the first time in ages at the weekend, to be fair anyone who tries to make a journey like that , in that sort of terrain in heavy snow and blizzard conditions while driving a rear wheel drive ford mustang deserves all they get.

Kathy Bates... ouch.. thanks for the painful reminder..

Tuesday the 21st of April, The Horror Channel at 9pm: Tremors (1989).

If you haven't seen it before, give yourself a treat. If you have seen it before, you'll probably be watching anyway.

• Like 3

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 minutes ago, silverback said:

Forgot just how good Deerhunter is, Also just caugh adam fogarty in .. LEGEND.

The trouble I have with The Deerhunter is thinking about how much better it could have been if Michael Cimino had been ordered to employ an editor. And maybe a minder to keep some distance between Michael and Charlie <sniff>.

For every unforgettable scene, there's a horribly flabby and self-indulgent passage that either bloats the movie in a way that should have pre-warned the studio about Heaven's Gate or indulges the absolute worst excesses of "look at me!!!" style Method Acting.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 19/04/2020 at 15:09, tim2 said:

Reminds me of a quote from Father Ted (greatest show ever BTW). 

Dougal: "Didn't you tell me once that Father Jack had a trial for Liverpool?" 

Ted: "No, I said he was on trial in Liverpool". 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

No-one acts rationally in horror films. If they did, we wouldn't have them.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

24 minutes ago, silverback said:

Try >>  No country for old men,      javier bardom at his best.tommy lee and woody harrelson star too.       Hurt locker for this aft.:kolobok_popcorm1:

We saw OCFOM at the Cinema when it first came out.  I looked at the Wife after 30 minutes and she had slid down the seat and was peeping over the top of the one in front.  Great film.

• Like 1

I recently re-watched The Way, with Martin Sheen.  A story of a Father following in his deceased Sons footsteps on La Camino de Santaigo.  I think there is a version free, on Youtube.  We will be doing the same route in 2021.

Two films which always stand out for me are The Old Man and the Sea and Shawshank.   

Edited by Lowdesert

Got Clint Eastwood's spaghetti westerns, Jaws (always good for a watch - "You're going to need a bigger boat"), I have 28 Days Later, but too much of a documentary at the moment. 

The Warriors,  another 70's classic.

Kill Bill I & II, & a box set of Johnny Vegas in Ideal if things get really desperate.

I could highly recommend the book, which the film We Were Warriors Once (Mel Gibson) was based on.  Same title, written by Hal Moore and probably the best war book I've read alongside Agent Zig Zag.

Ive watched the Lionel Bart version of Oliver, more times than enough.  I know the words before they say 'em.  Great film, with absolutely brilliant acting by Ron Moody.

Just now, Bleep1673 said:

I just posted to my 11 year old the scene from Aliens, "oh my God, 5 meters that's in the room man" & she loved it. Bug Hunt big style, shoot & kill.

I cant post the clip on here as John would have a copyright & Sweary filter, heart attack. ckn would be admitted to his local Mental Health Clinic for his own security.

1 minute ago, Bleep1673 said:

I cant post the clip on here as John would have a copyright & Sweary filter, heart attack. ckn would be admitted to his local Mental Health Clinic for his own security.

Nah, dont ban me yet again. I was only kidding. Xxxxx

Dozy bollos DVD Players has crashed. I just want to play a video, via my computer, I don't want dropbox, or onenote, I just want to play a DVD, stupid computer, I don't want to download series 3 of anything, just pee off and let me watch a movie.

Just let me watch an old fashioned DVD without microsoft interference.

Edited by Bleep1673