John Drake

Film Thread (What have you been watching?)

24 minutes ago, silverback said:

Just caught    RAINMAN  and well worth it too. brilliant.

Great film!

I watched Godzilla vs Megalon (1973).

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

24 hour party people

(free on prime)

• Thanks 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

image.png.bbc5ec5d312930d2999427d042729791.png On Amazon prime under Fallen From the Sky as the Title.

And it is in French without subtitles ! So probably one for Francophiles but not Brexiters.

Well i never, not my cup a tea really but i gave (war for the planet of the apes) a go and was glad i did,, now its back to what i like tonight>>  waterboy.:kolobok_popcorm1:

Classic bank holiday fare with Raiders of the lost Ark this evening.  It's such a good film, just cracks along nicely.  

I mean we have to ignore Indiana Jones getting a bit Yewtree with Marion....

• Like 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

6 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Classic bank holiday fare with Raiders of the lost Ark this evening.  It's such a good film, just cracks along nicely.  

I mean we have to ignore Indiana Jones getting a bit Yewtree with Marion....

And the glaring plot hole 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

'Local Hero' was on Film4 earlier today. An antidote to just about anything toxic, tiring or otherwise depressing in the world.

• Like 1

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Watched Spiderman Far from Home last night on Sky. Didn't much enjoy the previous incarnations, but this one with a somewhat younger than usual Peter Parker was good fun. I prefer the Marvel films when they have a bit of humour to them and aren't too far up their own backside. Thought Jake Gyllenhaal was good in it.

Watched "Ladies in Black" very interesting not sure I can recommend it though. It was harmless and passed a moment.

BBC 2 have been showing some great Ealing comedies this week, Whisky Galore, and Lavender Hill Mob were great film, looking out for the Ladykillers, not the ###### Tom Hanks version.

• Like 1

Sex and Money are like Oxygen

They're not important until you're not getting enough.

On 11/04/2020 at 08:25, Shadow said:

And the glaring plot hole 

Did anybody spot the irony that the subtitles were German

Princess Mononoke, followed by Kiki's Delivery Service

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the sci fi Sunday on horror channel (freeview 70) ?

The alien monster in 20 Million Miles from Earth  ?was probably a precursor to the various Sinbad films? 

Earth v the Flying Saucers was good fun. :kolobok_clapping:

The Claw was a shocker.  It motivated me to read up on Plan 9 from Outer Space.  ?  Is Plan 9 still a cult classic?

On 12/04/2020 at 15:06, Bleep1673 said:

Lavender Hill Mob were great film, 

Yes I saw this again.  Never tire of a great film  or Sid James.

53 minutes ago, Charlie RL said:

I really enjoyed the sci fi Sunday on horror channel (freeview 70) ?

The alien monster in 20 Million Miles from Earth  ?was probably a precursor to the various Sinbad films? 

Earth v the Flying Saucers was good fun. :kolobok_clapping:

The Claw was a shocker.  It motivated me to read up on Plan 9 from Outer Space.  ?  Is Plan 9 still a cult classic?

Plan 9 from Outer Space is still a cult classic. It used to be called the worst movie ever made, but then the internet came along, and we discovered so many more worthy contenders from the past. But Plan 9 is still a joy, just for the all-around blend of enthusiasm and incompetence.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1

Today, I watched 'Nine Deaths of the Ninja' and am currently watching 'Where Eagles dare'. It has been a good day.

sparrows cant sing

the grass may be greener on the other side of the fence but the crows are just as black