Film Thread (What have you been watching?)

6 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

On SKYs Xmas film channel ( already ) , Die Hard , best Xmas movie ever 😉

What, while this exists?

Okay, yes, you have a point.

• Haha 1

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

12 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

If I put that on our telly the wife would chop my goolies off ….. again.  She has a pathological hatred of Bruce Willis and his dirty vest.  At the pub last Tuesday she was telling a friend how she can’t stand Willis and Stallone because they both wear dirty vests on screen 😳😳

• Haha 1

Few people reel off anecdotes as effortlessly as Peter O'Toole.

• Like 1

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

18 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Oh good I can bore you for ages telling you how it was made after I watched Movies That Made Us on Netflix … last night it was Halloween , only £300000 budget and an unhappy Donald Pleasance who thought it was rubbish and drank a lot 

• 3 weeks later...

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings. I'm not a die-hard Marvel fan, so I know nothing about the character or the story.

However, I am enjoying the action a lot, and also laughing my shiny metal ass off, especially at Awkwafina's fish-out-of-water jokes, and Ben Kingsley's cameo as a ramblingly detached Scouse thespian.

Edited by Futtocks

Booked to see West Side Story tomorrow.

First trip to the cinema to see a film for grown ups that I want to see in ... the last one was Parasite and that was just before the first lockdown.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Waiting for Mrs to get ready yesterday I started watching Johnny English. I remember taking the lads to see that at the cinema first time around and they loved it. 

But what I'd forgotten -and why I got a telling off from Mrs- was how utterly beautiful Natalie Imbruglia was. I must have had my eyes on stalks and tongue on the floor. (Like one of those cats on Tom & Jerry when they see the girl cat)

Wow

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Finally got round to watching The Lighthouse. Been wanting to see it since it came out.

Brilliant. Enough said. 

Nothing really prepares you for some of those scenes.

• Like 1

Christmas mood, you say?

Dont know how i missed this one, Colour Purple. what a briliant film thats sad but yet uplifting at times, And very powerfull for many reasons, i would a loved to have been in that choir at the end. spielbergs finest.

Is this a film or tv show ? It’s 42 years since Salem’s Lot , and I was watching the great David Soul himself talking about it . It made me reminisce about seeing it as a kid and being absolutely bloody petrified . The scene with the kid scratching on the window was in my head for ages …

• Like 1

On 18/12/2021 at 17:33, silverback said:

Dont know how i missed this one, Colour Purple. what a briliant film thats sad but yet uplifting at times, And very powerfull for many reasons, i would a loved to have been in that choir at the end. spielbergs finest.

I watched that once and can barely remember a thing about it!

On 18/12/2021 at 16:28, graveyard johnny said:

might get the "dead mans shoes" dvd out tonite- get me in the christmas mood

I watched this for the first time last week , somebody posted a short clip on twitter and pointed out that it was on film four later that evening , so I gave it a watch and quite enjoyed it .