Challenge Cup draw

Satisfied with Hull F.C. at home at least we should get a good crowd,give Hull 3000 tickets and the railway end stands,we should be looking at 6000 spectators which would mean at least £40g to each club.Just hope we don't pick up injuries from the tie as our squad is a bit thin at present.

1 minute ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Satisfied with Hull F.C. at home at least we should get a good crowd,give Hull 3000 tickets and the railway end stands,we should be looking at 6000 spectators which would mean at least £40g to each club.Just hope we don't pick up injuries from the tie as our squad is a bit thin at present.

How many does that stand hold does anybody know. Hull kr filled that easy they were stood on the steps there was that many .

just make sure Albert Kelly doesn't have to wait for his burger after the game.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Good job the RoversTV crew have got a couple of weeks to work out which game to include as their usual "RoversTV Gold" feature, can't think which one they might go for.

Hopefully its a different game seen as though the cup final is already on rovers tv gold

4 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Nigh on perfect draw.

Decent crowd. Bit of a jolly up.

No extra games to fit in...... trouser the cash and concentrate on the league....

Summed up perfectly!

Bearing in mind where we are right now don't think you could pick a better tie for us!

FEV FAN  1964 - present.

Brilliant draw, hope it’s not televised, think it will put some off travelling!! This needs to be well organised, probably be the biggest crowd we'll get this season. Hopefully we’ll come away unscathed and put in a decent performance, looking forward to it already.....

10 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Nigh on perfect draw.

No extra games to fit in...... trouser the cash and concentrate on the league....

Agreed save for delete ' Nigh on '

Can't wait. Free hit. Nothing to lose. No expectations.

We are so big underdogs for this the bookies will not take any bets. Featherstone Rovers v the mighty Hull F C in a big cup match. Only one outcome obviously...

6 hours ago, Auntie Ruth said:

Brilliant draw, hope it’s not televised, think it will put some off travelling!! This needs to be well organised, probably be the biggest crowd we'll get this season. Hopefully we’ll come away unscathed and put in a decent performance, looking forward to it already.....

Agreed but as I understand it the BBC and Sky both have two games each to show live. 

I think those charged with game selection will discount the Catalan and Leigh games leaving four from six ties including Huddersfield v Wakefield which is less appealing than ours. Sunday at 3 pm, no telly, would be perfect but fear we may get a silly time on Saturday. Hope not but either way still can't wait.

22 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Nigh on perfect draw.

I would’ve liked a decent run, i’m not disagreeing with you but it gives the players more confidence the further we go & i’m sure the club would earn more from 2/3 games.

Just my musings F83.

Cup competitions have been relegated in value over the years across all sports. I'd sooner concentrate wholly on the league and not risk any further injury by squeezing in mid-week games for the sake of a comp we can't win and is receiving diminishing interest.

Trouser the cash from the opportunity a tie v Hull presents, then re-focus on the top 4. Ivreally hope its not the thursday night tie ffs

Thursday night might not be as good for the speccies and the coffers, but it would give the players three days extra recovery time before the more crucial Leigh game the following weekend, which is on the Saturday rather than Sunday.  If I was JD I'd want to play on the Friday even if not on TV.

5 minutes ago, Steve Slater said:

Thursday night might not be as good for the speccies and the coffers, but it would give the players three days extra recovery time before the more crucial Leigh game the following weekend, which is on the Saturday rather than Sunday.  If I was JD I'd want to play on the Friday even if not on TV.

But not much recovery time from the draining Toulouse fixture 

Im Fev and im proud

21 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Would be nice to invite players from both teams who played in the 1983 final to the game.They could parade before kick off  or at half time and maybe have a drink or two together after the game,talking about the Good Old Days.

Very into this. Anyone else go to see the Agar talk at the Tap and Barrel in Ponte last year? 

Screen some highlights from the 1983 final on the big screen before the match. 

Will be great to see a full stadium.

2 hours ago, hrtbps said:

Very into this. Anyone else go to see the Agar talk at the Tap and Barrel in Ponte last year? 

Screen some highlights from the 1983 final on the big screen before the match. 

Will be great to see a full stadium.

I hope the team watch the 83 final before the match give them some inspiration. Also get some of the 83 team in giving them there shirts before the match .

Archived