Workington away

Yed17

Agreed, always tough in Cumbria. Town seem to be blowing a bit hot and cold so far, similar to us really. 

Definitely winnable, perform as we did against HKR and we will be there or thereabouts, could be a pretty tight game so hopefully our discipline will be spot on this weekend, with a bit of luck we may have a full squad to pick from and I'm sure Nobby will get the selection right.

Looking forward to the trip up on Sunday, be a long trek home if we lose!

Up the Yeds!

Must win if we want to be up there come the end of the season. Would like to see a similar team to last week with maybe a couple of tweaks with hopefully West and Neal available after head knocks.

Would start Briscoe or Nelmes at prop to get us off to a better start as with Joy or Spencer/Neal starting we've lacked intensity in the first 15 mins.

Getting slightly worried about Crook at stand off as well. Started off well but slowly has been getting worse and his last few performances have been very poor with even his kicking off the tee and out of hand letting him down.

Agree about Crook. I feel he needs to lose a bit of weight and to attack the line a little more. However, Hewitt has really come on this season under Crook's stewardship. Saying that most of the sides we have played this season have two quick half-backs we only have one.

Nevertheless, I prefer Crook to all the standoffs we have had over the past few years.

I think he'll be ok but agree he's had a couple of average games. Mind you he's something of a side line to how Hewitt is playing this season. I think he's having a big impact and steadying Hewitt in the middle. His kicking was a bit disappointing on Sunday but i put that down to kick pressure. 

As always up in Cumbria, it will be a very tough game there on Sunday. As long as the players are tuned in and give the performance level they did against Hull KR, a win is certainly achievable. Looking forward to it.

COME ON OLDHAM!!   

Always a tough place to go and get a win there, I was critical of the 3 hookers in the 17 but it paid off today. Strange for town to have just one prop on the bench. That referee is awful and gave some laughable decisions both ways. When was last time we won away to both cumbrians in the same season anyone know? Up the Yeds , class effort today let's get on a roll

Stats

Hooley- 6 tackles. 4 misses. 8 tackle busts. one clean break. one try assist. 10 carries=85

Eccleston-3 tackles. 2 tackle busts. one clean break. 9 carries=73m

Gill-17 tackles. one miss. 9 carries=70m

Reid-20 tackles. one miss. one offload. 2 tackle busts. one clean break. one try assist. 8 carries=88m

Kershaw-2 tackles. 4 tackle busts. 2 clean breaks. 11 carries=133m

Crook-11 tackles. 2 misses. 1 carry=7m

Hewitt-8 tackles. 2 misses. 2 tackle busts. 2 carries=11m

Joy-31 tackles. one miss. one tackle bust. one clean break. 17 carries=143m

Hughes-15 tackles. 4 misses. 0 carries

Spencer-29 tackles. one miss. one offload. one try assist. 10 carries=82m

Bridge-25 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 13 carries=109m

Langtree-33 tackles. 4 misses. 2 offloads. 6 tackle busts. one clean break. 16 carries=149m

Bent-59 tackles. 3 misses. one tackle bust. one clean break. 17 carries=140m

subs

Owen-24 tackles. one miss. 5 carries=39m

Wilkinson-16 tackles. one tackle bust. one try assist. 1 carry=3m

Jones-20 tackles. 5 misses. 2 tackle busts. 8 carries=76m

Nelmes-27 tackles. 2 misses. 2 offloads. one tackle bust. one try assist. 10 carries=101m

Langers was great again and Joy looked almost back to his best but Bent's figures are outstanding. Hughes's tackle record lasted just one week.

Brilliant from Benty that, impressive stuff again from Nelmes and Joy. 

Langers is just so consistent you expect this level from him week on week. 

I think he's had man of the match 3 games in a row so far and he's our top try scorer 

Archived