London Game

andyram

Apparently we travel to the capital to visit the Broncos on Saturday. Hoping for a much improved performance, would be happy just to keep the game competitive.

Anyone with team news, injuries much appreciated.

London 40 - 16 Rams, attendance 450.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Reverend Ram said:

can’t see much joy at Trailfinders for us but if Sykes is out then we are less likely to be penalised for dissent- one silver lining I suppose.

Maybe but Who’s doing his tackling  and organising?

20 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Sounds like saving some players for Rochdale.

That’s what I’d do.  No chance of winning this game so give a few of the squad a test and a few others a chance to see what they can do. 

Can't see owt be a hammering

We'll do well to get within 50

London have shown of late that they can be beaten.. But I don't think we've a strong enough mentality to defeat them

We'll have all on beating Rochdale 

And barrow is another defeat up at their ground. 

20 hours ago, coolie said:

Can't see owt be a hammering

We'll do well to get within 50

London have shown of late that they can be beaten.. But I don't think we've a strong enough mentality to defeat them

We'll have all on beating Rochdale 

And barrow is another defeat up at their ground. 

See Anekin was injured against Cas last night, so wouldn't be surprised if Crowther gets recalled. Not started worrying just yet, but it's getting to the point where wins against the bottom four are going to be vital. I reckon a couple of experienced signings/loans might help if we can afford it.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

1 hour ago, andyram said:

Rams team got a unfamiliar look to it 

Db37cEyXcAAdGuv.jpeg

Looking at the line up I think we've got one eye on next week's game against Rochdale. Not looking good as we are 42-0 down atm,it was only 6-0 after 31 minutes,36 points conceded in just over 20 minutes.

Big round of applause for the supporters that have travelled all the way to London ???

Well that is a disgraceful score.It seems they went expecting to get nothing and that's what they got

I remember going to widnes in the cup in the 80's.and it was 80-0,but we were up against the likes of martin offiah then.

You Rochdale fans get over next week and cheer your team on and if they move the ball about  you'll get an easy win. 

last season we had the ned effect to get us out of the mire.That's gone now.

We need to spend Christine Gooders more than generous bequest to the club.

Disspponting result today, tbh I expected to lose today, players seem to have no self belief when we’re playing the big boys.

Yet they think there superstars when we’re beating the likes of Rochdale.

Some players need to take a hard look at themselves, very disspponting.

Big game next week ???

Don't sweat it well mot until after next week perhaps :negative: 

not the only team to be embarrassed in the big smoke... only been twice and seen us hammered both times!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, silcoates said:

Well that is a disgraceful score.It seems they went expecting to get nothing and that's what they got

I remember going to widnes in the cup in the 80's.and it was 80-0,but we were up against the likes of martin offiah then.

You Rochdale fans get over next week and cheer your team on and if they move the ball about  you'll get an easy win. 

last season we had the ned effect to get us out of the mire.That's gone now.

We need to spend Christine Gooders more than generous bequest to the club.

That bequest came with the specific requirement that it was to be spent upon club infrastructure, not the team. Hence the Gooder Pitches.

I understand that we have been trying to sign players but there are some very greedy agents demanding too much money and some clubs finding spare change down the back of the sofa.

Surely the "Ned effect" should still be with us?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

53 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Surely the "Ned effect" should still be with us?

Still have faith in Ned but all at the club need to learn that DR and loans do not work..Right back to Ben Reynolds we have been sh******d by clubs who use us to ensure that their second teamers get game time before calling players back at the drop of a hat..

Please, from next year lets build our own team...Even if it stretches the budget it can't be worse than what we have suffered the last few years!

1 hour ago, NickD said:

.Right back to Ben Reynolds we have been sh******d by clubs who use us

Shampooed?? Certainly Gareth has a smart buffon..

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

A right shambles today, but it took the Broncos around twenty minutes to score. Once they did that I think we knew we'd had it as they scored st will, so much so that we heard shouts of "We want fifty", then "we want sixty" and one spectator wanting seventy; nearly was too. I think their passing was quicker than our running and the seemed to know the direction of our running before we did! The Broncos tackled hard and effectively, ran onto the ball at pace and simply opened us up, in the end, scoring st will.

Glover was not MoM, he missed an easy penalty goal early on and sometime later decided to kick on the second tackle near their line. Ansell scored our try, but in the first half I'm sure he could have scored had he run at the line, but chose to pass instead.

We are getting better in one respect - we won the penalty count again, 4-3 and the TJ was the only one to see a shoulder charge from a Dewxbury player. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, NickD said:

Still have faith in Ned but all at the club need to learn that DR and loans do not work..Right back to Ben Reynolds we have been sh******d by clubs who use us to ensure that their second teamers get game time before calling players back at the drop of a hat..

Please, from next year lets build our own team...Even if it stretches the budget it can't be worse than what we have suffered the last few years!

I agree Nick. Our recruitment was poor again this year, and I don't know the reason why. Budgets are tight as we all know but they are equally tight for quite a few teams in our division.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived