Denver Test - Ticket Sales

Just an update on the ticket sales so far for Denver. Unsurprisingly the majority of sales have been in the most expensive seats, near the halfway line and then in the cheapest wing seats.  Everything else has been selling in a scattered manner.

Currently sitting around 5Kish allocated so far.

Denver5.thumb.jpg.5c7c483e23d0abac1ef017e95bf7dbda.jpg

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

15 minutes ago, Yakstorm said:

Just an update on the ticket sales so far for Denver. Unsurprisingly the majority of sales have been in the most expensive seats, near the halfway line and then in the cheapest wing seats.  Everything else has been selling in a scattered manner.

Do you have a picture of one of the early ones you did for comparison?

It does look like sales are growing fairly slowly, agree I'd say 5-6k estimate at the moment.  It's quite normal you have a big first couple of days sales and then it quietens down for a while, but hope it starts to pick up a little over the next couple of weeks.  

7 hours ago, Yakstorm said:

It would be interesting at this stage to know the figs of the organised trips, and the number of ex-pats - though that would be quite difficult - to see how many "newbies" have decided to attend.

Doesn't seem to have been many sales since the last update. I wonder what the strategy is regarding promotion, you'd expect it to be ramped up pretty soon.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

9 hours ago, Yakstorm said:

Promising at this stage i would have thought

5 hours ago, TheDuke said:

How big is the stadium ? 

Has s a break even figure been discussed, that’ll be the crux of the investment being seen in a positive light 

Capacity is 76,125 according to Wikipedia.

They have a target of 40,000 according to earlier reports, but it wasn't stated what they need to break even.

4 hours ago, Abicus said:

I wonder how may tickets are currently on sale? If that was 30,000 in blue there, and they sold all of that - It would look alright.

Going by this picture june-16-base-seating.gif?sfvrsn=6a7b4869

it looks like about half the seats are on sale, or maybe slightly over half.

3 hours ago, Dave T said:

Interesting article I was reading yesterday where the Wales v SA RU test match was struggling for sales in Washington (I think).

I hope this doesn't go the same way.

I thought I saw that it was more that the promotional company was possible going bust - admittedly that could be due to poor sales

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

I thought I saw that it was more that the promotional company was possible going bust - admittedly that could be due to poor sales

51 minutes ago, henage said:

Was it twelve thousand tickets sold with a month to the game in Washington 

Yeah, poor ticket sales. I think they quoted they needed around 27k to break even.

The appearance fee had already been cut to half a million quid.

It's the answer to a question we've had for a while. How does rugby league attract general sports events goers. We wondered if Moore Sports had the answer, and we're about to find out.

If the answer is they don't know either, it puts a big question mark over the World Cup.

If they start implementing a strategy we're yet to see and it's successful, we'll all be happy and imploring the RFL to take note.

The wait, as always, will be agonising!

5 minutes ago, BenGilesRL said:

It's the answer to a question we've had for a while. How does rugby league attract general sports events goers. We wondered if Moore Sports had the answer, and we're about to find out.

If the answer is they don't know either, it puts a big question mark over the World Cup.

If they start implementing a strategy we're yet to see and it's successful, we'll all be happy and imploring the RFL to take note.

Could they be worse the most recent World Cup in the top rugby league playing country 

3 hours ago, BenGilesRL said:

Not only about the World Cup, but also about the talked-about US-based pro league which Moore Sports has put forward as a coexistant outcome similar to the way in which the FIFA World Cup in the US helped launch MLS.

In that case the answer to your question "How does rugby league attract general sports events goers?" might need a radically different answer than anything put forward to date.

12 hours ago, BenGilesRL said:

Maybe it would be different if the test had been announced a year in advance with plenty of time to plan, promote and sell tickets. Was it promoted during the NFL season at Bronco games? Probably not

Archived