Leeds Rhino's Docu on Amazon

Haven't seen or heard anything about this.. Anyone else heard anything? The article is a week or so old, so surprised it hasn't been picked up by anybody else on here (unless i've just missed it)

https://inews.co.uk/news/amazon-snaps-up-leeds-rhinos-rugby-league-movie-in-sports-battle-with-netflix/

Sounds good though, and great to see the Amazon platform showing an interest in RL.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

3 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Haven't seen or heard anything about this.. Anyone else heard anything? The article is a week or so old, so surprised it hasn't been picked up by anybody else on here (unless i've just missed it)

https://inews.co.uk/news/amazon-snaps-up-leeds-rhinos-rugby-league-movie-in-sports-battle-with-netflix/

Sounds good though, and great to see the Amazon platform showing an interest in RL.

They had the director and writer on in the last hour of Sunday’s rugby league show on radio Leeds. Should still be able to listen again on iplayer.

First I've heard of it, I think. Looking forward to when it gets released. Amazon's interest is also encouraging, as is the news that it won't just be on UK Amazon.

I have Amazon Prime, so I'll be interested to see if they push it as a featured programme.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I was at the premiere this evening. As a Leeds fan the interviews were eye-opening, if not jaw-dropping on occasion. Even a few years after the event, Sinfield can still barely discuss being dropped during his final season - it really seems to have soured his and McDermott's relationship. Kylie Leuluai's comments on that episode and Sinfield's 500th game vs Warrington (when McDermott left him on the bench until the second half when the game was already lost), even when he was self-censoring, are revealing. Zak Hardaker provides a bit of strange comic relief and comes across as a very relatable character. Would be interesting to know when that was filmed.

McDermott was again as absorbing as any head coach you'll see in any sport. The insight into how he manages a group of players several of whom clearly disagree with him in lots of ways is fascinating. Telling Leuluai to pull himself together after being diagnosed with a heart complaint did seem a touch heavy handed.

There were a couple of minor factual errors which I doubt many people noticed (e.g. Tony Smith announced he was leaving Leeds during the early part of the 2007 season, not before it). The people behind the film said they wanted it to be accessible for anyone even if they know nothing about RL but despite quite a lot of footage of the miners strike in the intro the early part of the film (not really relevant to Leeds?) they failed to explain what the sport was, why it's like it is and what Leeds' place within the sport is.

Overall a high quality production, well worth watching - although if I was a fan of a club other than Leeds there's a chance I'd find it a bit irritating as the opposition are, to a degree understandably, barely characterised, being mere interchangeable speedbumps on the road to destiny.

Apparently Rob Burrow came close to  joining Wigan in 2011 when Mac wouldn't play him at halfback and told him your're now a bench player 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:08 PM, John Drake said:

It was featured in Martyn Sadler's column in League Express on Monday.

Always get League Express... miss nothing! ;)

A spokesperson for the BBC sports desk said, "Other sporting publications are available, including those covering the other, proper, sensible rugby code."

3 minutes ago, Wiltshire Warrior Dragon said:

A spokesperson for the BBC sports desk said, "Other sporting publications are available, including those covering the other, proper, sensible rugby code."

Fake nooz ;)

Can't actually find anything on Amazon Prime though. And nothing that actually says when its going to be available.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

2 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Can't actually find anything on Amazon Prime though. And nothing that actually says when its going to be available.

Think it’s due on Prime 2 weeks after the premiere though may be wrong.

3 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

I'm watching it at the moment... what's Jack Nicholson doing in a RL documentary? :wink: 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived