M.O.M. Fev V Batley (H)

Steve Slater

Good to see a few blokes who didn't have great games last week do well today! For me:

1. Robinson - 80 minute performance.

2. Hock - made a difference he came on.

3. Holmes - linked well in attack and took his tries well.

A mention for Misi. Went well today.

FEV FAN  1964 - present.

Hock

Holmes

Robinson

Thought Peteru took some putting down.  We killed them in the forwards today - maybe something to do with us having 6 props.  Briscoe a real handful as always but noticeable that the ball didn't seem to find him as much with Holmes at fullback ?

52 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

Hock

Holmes

Robinson

Thought Peteru took some putting down.  We killed them in the forwards today - maybe something to do with us having 6 props.  Briscoe a real handful as always but noticeable that the ball didn't seem to find him as much with Holmes at fullback ?

Briscoe's reputation going before him and Hardcastle's cottoned on that they're backing off him cos they're petrified of Luke.

Hock
Hardcastle
Briscoe
but plenty others played well too.
Interesting that Briscoe has hardly had any nominations this week, think we are becoming blase about how brilliant he has been! Three penalties earned in the first half, a superb break that set up a try, a wonderful ball-dislodging tackle in the second half, and looked threatening every time he had the ball.

4 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Hock
Hardcastle
Briscoe
but plenty others played well too.
Interesting that Briscoe has hardly had any nominations this week, think we are becoming blase about how brilliant he has been! Three penalties earned in the first half, a superb break that set up a try, a wonderful ball-dislodging tackle in the second half, and looked threatening every time he had the ball.

My mate Rich made a very similar comment.... notably 3 x penalties he drew in the first afe

Robinson, Holmes, Misi(brilliant pass that wasnt forward he put in for Robinsons try that wasnt). Other notables...if we are looking for a centre i thought their guy with the sweatband went well...also in tighter games we will need Ridyard to hit more from the touchline). Very good and fluid performance all round though considering the changes.

1 hour ago, Jailhouse said:

Robinson, Holmes, Misi(brilliant pass that wasnt forward he put in for Robinsons try that wasnt). Other notables...if we are looking for a centre i thought their guy with the sweatband went well...also in tighter games we will need Ridyard to hit more from the touchline). Very good and fluid performance all round though considering the changes.

Galbraith.  Yeah I mentioned him during the game.  Lets sign him up. (That'll wind the Batley fans up).  To be fair though isn't it about time that they sent us a centre that wasn't  knacked.

Archived