Oldham reaction

town4me

1 minute ago, wiganlad said:

As someone who keeps an eye on how town go but don't go and watch them I am wondering;

is the coach lacking experience?

are you just in reality a mid table team but the supporters expect much more ( as most of us do)?

In hindsight ( what a wonderful thing this is) would you have been better trying to get the player coach from haven who has experience of the league and is also a good player rather than paying what I assume is big money for pryce bailey moi moi etc.

and before you say it I am not a haven fan!

Pryce himself raised expectations etc mentioning promotions along with his merry men talking about breaking goal kicking records etc .. it is slowly falling apart .. all we’re doing is giving hasbeens a a wage and now are giving Leigh’s worst a weekly shirt .. 

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hambley was 18th man . He must either have a wooden leg or think Leon has him down as rubbish . He’d be in my backs looking at our options . He was our top scorer in a poor season and had some size and speed . Much of this year he’s been on the wing being starved of service so not sure what’s going on with him . We need Sam back and in at fullback . Eliot and Perry are the best centres we have . JP does a job . Rooke tries his heart out but is gonna be struggling for size and impact and is gonna be peppered by bombs . We’ve desperately needed at least one out n out fast strike back and one nippy creative half on the other side to Jamie to go both ways and take the heat off him - as whatever we have in the backs they need better sharper service and opportunities . Are these guys out there as weve overloaded upfront 

29 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Hambley was 18th man . He must either have a wooden leg or think Leon has him down as rubbish . He’d be in my backs looking at our options . He was our top scorer in a poor season and had some size and speed . Much of this year he’s been on the wing being starved of service so not sure what’s going on with him . We need Sam back and in at fullback . Eliot and Perry are the best centres we have . JP does a job . Rooke tries his heart out but is gonna be struggling for size and impact and is gonna be peppered by bombs . We’ve desperately needed at least one out n out fast strike back and one nippy creative half on the other side to Jamie to go both ways and take the heat off him - as whatever we have in the backs they need better sharper service and opportunities . Are these guys out there as weve overloaded upfront 

To be fair I think scott does everything you need, perry far too slow for centre at this level, played there few times and got burned every time, he is a decent defensive lock as is some of our other guys,  we only really have gordon as an attacking wide runner

The majority seem to be trying .. there’s just there seems to be 3/4 that just aren’t good enough simple as .. it’s unfortunate that 90 percent of Leon’s signings seem to be duds and in truth if everyone was fit a few wouldn’t even get into the team ... I fear for the expectation around moi moi may lead to a big disappointment along with the rest 

2 hours ago, Havenwarrior said:

LP wanting players to train 3 times a week, for lads who work, there is not enough hours in the week for them to do this. 

HW

Barrow do it in similar circumstances so what' the problem?

First time on the forum and I'm a Town fan rather than the usual newbies who look like they're asking an innocent question and aren't actually. ###### result today, lots to work on and it needs worked on fast. I was at the match and unlike a few notables on here didn't get it off the radio or what others are saying. I've been watching the forum for weeks and can't understand how some people are answered rather than ignored for what they are - haven fans or relatives/ friends of ex players having their fun. 

4 minutes ago, Onreport said:

To be fair I think scott does evrything you need, perry far too slow for centre at this level, played there few times and got burned every time, he is a decent defensive lock as is some of our other guys,  we only really have gordon as an atracking wide runner

As an elusive speedy open field runner  he looks actually looks a fullback 

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

As an elusive speedy open field runner  he looks actually looks a fullback 

Probably needs more experience at fullback, as they need to be the general directing defence etc. But certainly one of our quickest in open field 

2 minutes ago, Onreport said:

Probably needs more experience at fullback, as they need to be the general directing defence etc. But certainly one of our quickest in open field 

Basically pal we haven’t a lot of options really whoever we play or whatever we do behind the scrum 

I was told Dawson is still suffering from a virus so obviously wasn't available. Don't know the situation with Moore or Kurt Maudling but if they were fit and able to play then it was a poor decision to leave them out. I had high hopes for Tansey but it's looking like his skills can't be delivered while his pace is so obviously still lacking. As for Foster his sole assett seems to be his goal kicking and Buffer is as good if not better in that department. No doubt Oldham were the better team today but they were a dirty side who exploited a truly pathetic set of officials to get away with a string of head shots and even an alleged biting incident on Wilkes that the ref didn't even put on report. The performance was hard enough to swallow today without a notorious rodent high-fiving it from the arm chair because his constantly depressing predictions hit the mark. There isn't much to choose between him and the loathed John Gibson. 

10 minutes ago, millomite said:

Barrow do it in similar circumstances so what' the problem?

Barrow play in the championship marra where you need to train 3 times a week at least because of the standard of league with a lot of full-time teams down in this league you can train twice a week and get away with it 

Just now, Seaton Sandy said:

I was told Dawson is still suffering from a virus so obviously wasn't available. Don't know the situation with Moore or Kurt Maudling but if they were fit and able to play then it was a poor decision to leave them out. I had high hopes for Tansey but it's looking like his skills can't be delivered while his pace is so obviously still lacking. As for Foster his sole assett seems to be his goal kicking and Buffer is as good if not better in that department. No doubt Oldham were the better team today but they were a dirty side who exploited a truly pathetic set of officials to get away with a string of head shots and even an alleged biting incident on Wilkes that the ref didn't even put on report. The performance was hard enough to swallow today without a notorious rodent high-fiving it from the arm chair because his constantly depressing predictions hit the mark. There isn't much to choose between him and the loathed John Gibson. 

And some classic Oscar winning performances to win penalties like collapsing over tacklers stuck in the ruck 

1 hour ago, westizbest said:

Ive personally had enough after today .. I can take getting beat , I can take being outclassed .. but these performances from Leon’s merry men just aren’t good enough , I think Leon needs a rethink , 90 percent of his signings are duds and are replacing local lads sat on the sidelines watching , we then have DR where were scraping the worst Leigh have for a game on a Sunday . Bradford was a good performance but since this clubs nosedived , maybe no coincidence the DR link up has been announced since . Tansey should have his contract ended tonight as should foster , both retired for a Reason and should disappear back into the unknown , leatherbarrow the same , what was the thinking in having 3 hookers in the team today ? Baffling , kicking game as poor as ever to boot . 

But we hear pryce twining that he wants them training 3 times a week ! Absolute nonsense my friend your expensively assembled team is being taken the ###### out of .. both on and off the field , and more importantly the dads army are taking the ###### out of this club ???

wont be back for a good few weeks and I’m sure I won’t be alone in this . 

It was ###### but bailing out is not the answer.

2 hours ago, DavidM said:

So what does Leon do now ? Big big calls and honesty required . The next game won’t tell us anything then there’s a break . First of you must get a sharp quick fullback who’s a threat in general play and can link up . Secondly , could be a number of things ...

We have one but is overlooked by the coach for a overweight, unfit traveller.

13 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Barrow play in the championship marra where you need to train 3 times a week at least because of the standard of league with a lot of full-time teams down in this league you can train twice a week and get away with it 

And we want to reach the Championship so why not set the standard now? 

13 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

When Powell was at Fev they trained ever morning before work at 6:30am as that’s what he deemed they needed to do to succeed 

you can get away with training twice a week but it’s not unreasonable to expect the players to train Three times either 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

I thought we did train 3 times a week ? Funny Leon would think that so important to mention today , I’ve not heard him voice concerns before . I wonder if he’s worried about fitness , losing late at  Hunslet , or just the team gelling ?

2 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

When Powell was at Fev they trained ever morning before work at 6:30am as that’s what he deemed they needed to do to succeed 

you can get away with training twice a week but it’s not unreasonable to expect the players to train Three times either 

erm dont they train tuesday night thursday night and saturday morning 

Archived