Newcastle

clifford

Monday evening and for me it means that I can look forward to the game on Sunday. With renewed hope. 

The game is another important step, just think if we hadn't thrown the games away against York and Hunslet we would be sitting very pretty 

COME ON OLDHAM 

Right...... Let's try and get under the skin of some Oldham folk and get them back to whitebank. 

Dave can you design a poster with prices on so I can rt it to the followers on twitter 

I'll put it on my LinkedIn pages as well

12 hours ago, clifford said:

Dave can you design a poster with prices on so I can rt it to the followers on twitter 

I'll put something together later.  Today is always programme and newspaper advert day for me since the print deadline for both is tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, roughyed34 said:

This week's officials......3 games in 5 weeks we have had this fella ?

SmartSelect_20180501-132429_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg

I will have to get into Gary Mellings head this week. He plays at Crompton and Royton golf club where I play. Good golfer, much better than me unfortunately.

I still have nightmares about the Bradford game.

He has to be the worst, can't call him a referee, I've ever seen in almost 60 years of watching the Yeds. It was like watching a RU game not having a clue what he was giving penalties for!

I didn't go to Workington, did he make it up as he went along like he did against Bradford?

Let's just say some very strange decisions for both clubs last week at Worky. Signals at penalties unclear, very indecisive. Touch judges spotted more than he did. One example - Worky clearly knocked on, regathered, threw a forward pass,continued for 40m down field, ref gave nothing until...the linesman pointed out the offence and pulled play back. Shocking. I'm sure he missed a pretty obvious knock on from us too in the build up to one of our tries.

I know we all have a moan at refs, nothing personal from me but the standards need looking at. It's a tough job and all I ask for is consistency, it riles fans and frustrates fans and players alike. Refs are not robots and can add a bit of personality to the game, all we ask is in line with the rules of the game,decisions are consistently applied across all RL.

Following on from the tremendous effort against Hull K.R. at Bower Fold and a great win up in Cumbria, it will be good to see the lads back in town. Hope a good crowd turns up to give them the welcome and support they deserve and with the prospects of a lovely, warm sunny day and what should be a cracker of a game, there could be no better place to be, for anyone with an interest in the 'Yeds'. Really looking forward to it. COME ON OLDHAM!!

Lovely,sunny day for the rugger.Lets hope for a decent turnout for the boys after the brave show against KR and the great victory over Worky.Newcastle will be no mug's though, they're not doing too badly themselves.I envisage a close game but a winnable game for us. Here's hoping for a great game and hopefully a great win.Good luck to the boys.

The only blot for me was Eccleston giving the Newcastle winger the outside and the Newcastle blasts him away to score near the post 

That said I was impressed with Wilkinson at acting half. As well as the props. 

First half was very good. After Joy scored after half time we should have kept our foot on their throats and racked a score. Second half was sloppy .

Bridge and Reid were quality today down the left. Jones and Briscoe were both good again off the bench.

Getting very disillusioned with Crook though . Offers nothing in attack or defence and even his kicking has been sub standard.

Crook offers an old head in the middle of the park, dave hewitt is a different player than last year. He has the confidence to take on the line. Don't forget we had 3 tries disallowed in the second half and we still came back. 

Decent performance against a good Newcastle side today. Don't get the negativity towards Crooky at all. Ask Dave Hewitt if he enjoys playing with a proper 6 who does more for the side than you think. Onwards to Hemel next week,hopefully a decent win (nothing taken for granted), probably won't have Gilly next week he said he was done at Oldham after today, maybe called back due to the Lo/Eden situation, I'm praying he stays, the lad loves playing for us. Kershaw and Hooley not sure , hopefully we keep those two. Kershaw has been outstanding while on loan as has Hooley. We have enough if the loanees are recalled, Johnno is chomping at the bit to get in the side. Westy will do a good job and I hope Zack or Danny Rasool get a shot soon. All positive going into arguably two games that on paper should improve our points difference. Happy with today's performance, not so happy with a frankly ###### crowd of 430 odd, that's terrible, these lads deserve far more support than that.

Archived